PDA

View Full Version : Getting disconnected from LIVE with two Xboxes.

Blasphemy
04-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I have two xboxes set up to boost. One's the Slim set up through wireless and the other's an older model I'm bridging through my laptop. Both Xboxes will be on LIVE but after about 10 minutes one will disconnect.
Is it something to do with bandwith?

Anyone know what the problem is and what I can do about it?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm using Netgear

valandil321
04-14-2011, 07:49 PM
its probably a bandwidth coupled with the bridge losing connection momentarily - most likely due to the bandwidth - how fast is your connection?

Liquid-X
04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Is it happening to the same Xbox every time? *EDIT* Also, if both have the same Gamertag and you're trying to connect with the same time, that'd be the problem, as only one console can be online with a Gamertag at one time.

Blasphemy
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
its probably a bandwidth coupled with the bridge losing connection momentarily - most likely due to the bandwidth - how fast is your connection?

My connection's fast as hell. If I play on the bridged box, it's fine. If I play on the wireless box, it's fine. But when I play on both boxes the wireless one will keep disconnecting. Is it happening to the same Xbox every time? *EDIT* Also, if both have the same Gamertag and you're trying to connect with the same time, that'd be the problem, as only one console can be online with a Gamertag at one time.
No I have two tags and yes it's the same box that disconnects. I can play a game or two but then it disconnects. Sometimes in a game.

Glowin Smurff
04-14-2011, 10:01 PM
goto speedtest.net and test, post results here

cuz 'fast as hell' to some, might not be fast enough for XBL.

i can run 3 xbox 360s on live, multiplayer. here's my result
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1252515175.png
i have no issues w/ lag or time outs or kicked off.

3 systems all running multiplayer/and/or netflix at the same time with no issues.

can your 'main' xbox not be hardwired into the router?

and your using netgear what? there are so many variables that could be the culprit of your situation. first go w/ a speedtest.net and post your results. your system (modem/router/connection type) just might not be able to handle it.

Liquid-X
04-14-2011, 10:50 PM
No I have two tags and yes it's the same box that disconnects. I can play a game or two but then it disconnects. Sometimes in a game.

If it's the same Xbox everytime, does it happen even when it's the only Xbox running, or does it only happen when you also turn the other Xbox on?

Blasphemy
04-15-2011, 12:48 AM
goto speedtest.net and test, post results here

cuz 'fast as hell' to some, might not be fast enough for XBL.

i can run 3 xbox 360s on live, multiplayer. here's my result
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1252515175.png
i have no issues w/ lag or time outs or kicked off.

3 systems all running multiplayer/and/or netflix at the same time with no issues.

can your 'main' xbox not be hardwired into the router?

and your using netgear what? there are so many variables that could be the culprit of your situation. first go w/ a speedtest.net and post your results. your system (modem/router/connection type) just might not be able to handle it.

I'd say this is fast as hell http://www.speedtest.net/result/1252666628.png

It's working now my router just needed a firmware update. Thanks anyways guys.