PDA

View Full Version : Pulled this off EA.com

markarontierney
04-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Just pulled this of EA.com

It's clearing up the DLC contents in career mode hope it helps

My name is Daniel Castorani and I worked as a designer on The Road to The Masters career mode in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR12. This is my first blog of the year, and I just wanted to take an opportunity to answer an important question that I’ve seen from the community regarding career mode and DLC courses.
So far the community reaction to career mode has been outstanding and we are seeing a staggering number of people playing and enjoying it. In fact about 50 people have already earned ALL of the new HH2 Prototype Equipment - not sure how much sleep they’ve had in the last week - but that is an impressive accomplishment.
The one recurring issue that I have noticed in some reviews and community forums is: “When I come to an event on a DLC course, if I don’t purchase the DLC, I am being punished because my golf ranking will drop.” In other words, you feel like you are being penalized for not buying a DLC course.
I can certainly see how this conclusion could be drawn, but the good news is that it is not true. The EA SPORTS Golf Rankings are derived from a formula that is based on averages. Much like in real golf, not everyone plays all the events- in fact some of the higher profile golfers skip quite a few events every season. The points you earn are divided by the number of events you play in, thus the key to the EA SPORTS Golf Rankings is quality of performance, not quantity of events.
Now if you are consistently playing at a high level, purchasing a DLC course and finishing well can certainly help you achieve your goals faster, but it will never hurt you compared to the rest of the field. The flip side of this is that if you purchase a DLC course and play poorly, you could actually hurt your ranking. This emulates the real risk/reward that professional golfers have to weigh when deciding whether or not to play in an event.
Just to be clear, the main reason we put DLC courses into Career Mode is because we wanted to provide more value for people who purchase courses. In years past, one would purchase a course but never be able to utilize it within Career Mode, one of our most popular game modes. The community has been asking for this integration for a few years now, and we saw this as an opportunity to give more exposure to the courses that we put so much time into making while also providing more value to the gamer.
I hope this clears up any concerns about DLC content in The Road to The Masters. I am thrilled with the overall positive reaction we’ve received and I look forward to reading more feedback from the community.
Daniel Castorani

kingsnipes186
04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for this info... and im glad to be one of the 50 people... and yes i get plenty of sleep lol

Taki...
04-14-2011, 11:40 PM
purchasing a DLC course and finishing well can certainly help you achieve your goals faster, but it will never hurt you compared to the rest of the field.

Bullshit. I know for a fact Tiger passed me on the rankings after he did well in a DLC event that I didn't purchase. How is that 'not hurting' you compared with the rest of the field?

DeaDMau5
04-15-2011, 01:37 AM
the key to the EA SPORTS Golf Rankings is quality of performance, not quantity of events.

If thats the case then just play the Masters, shoot 48,49 or 50, hit all fairways and greens, one putt everything. Then on that performance alone you should be number one for the year as no one is going to come close to that performance. He's wrong, i skipped an dlc and actually ranked up one, skipped one later that year and went down one. The only thing i can say for sure is just keep an eye on your average, dont let it get lower than 4 or 5 points ahead of the second place guy. play the majors to boost it back up. I just play the 4 majors and the last 2 Fed Ex events and seem to due fine, always 6 to 8 points ahead of second place.

Wampus Cra
04-15-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm proud to be one of the all 100s profile golfer.