PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard update?

davezpsp
04-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I had a 43MB update to Netflix last night, for those who don't know the Kinect is now compatible with Netflix.

This morning/afternoon I had another update that took place as soon as I signed in on the dashboard. Anyone know what that did for us? I've done some googlin and couldn't find what I needed, hopefully someone else knows more.

Chaosflare
04-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Been looking for that same information myself; nothing.
Possible continued support for said Netflix access? I haven't noticed any possible differences. =/

ViRaLuNdEaD
04-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. It ended up screwing up my screen resolution in the end.

Worhammer
04-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Get the latest Xbox LIVE update and bring Kinect into the picture to instantly watch TV shows and movies streaming from Netflix with just the wave of your hand or the sound of your voice on Xbox LIVE!

link (http://www.facebook.com/#%21/xbox)

My guess is, one is the update for netflix itself, the other (dashboard) is the update for kinect, to bring both into sync.

davezpsp
04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I've played around with the Kinect/Netflix functionality and it's still quite infantile. Meaning that you can only select from "Suggestions for you", I'd like to be able to go through my instant queue and still use the Kincet. The FF, Play, Pause and Rewind all work as they should (with the Kinect delay of course).

Like I said I'm gonna have to harp on this not being able to surf your instant queue with Kinect though. It's almost like "Hey you wanna use your Kinect on Netflix? OK sure but you can only choose what we suggest..." Still gotta keep your controller close in case you wanna watch something in your instant queue or in a different genre or anything NOT suggested to you.

Yes, I Know we just got the update today, but at the same time, I thought this was supposed to be given to us at the same time as Kinect release?

P.S. Special thanks to those who helped here!

Worhammer
04-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I've played around with the Kinect/Netflix functionality and it's still quite infantile. Meaning that you can only select from "Suggestions for you", I'd like to be able to go through my instant queue and still use the Kincet. The FF, Play, Pause and Rewind all work as they should (with the Kinect delay of course).

Like I said I'm gonna have to harp on this not being able to surf your instant queue with Kinect though. It's almost like "Hey you wanna use your Kinect on Netflix? OK sure but you can only choose what we suggest..." Still gotta keep your controller close in case you wanna watch something in your instant queue or in a different genre or anything NOT suggested to you.

Yes, I Know we just got the update today, but at the same time, I thought this was supposed to be given to us at the same time as Kinect release?

P.S. Special thanks to those who helped here!
Major Nelson on twitter said that more updates to increase functionality will come. So I assume these will come along later on.

Jtrockn69
04-15-2011, 04:40 PM
i beleive it was for netflix

ZoddTheImmortal
04-15-2011, 09:01 PM
great now i can be even more lazy and have my arms around rather then get up and get my controller

Snowwwwy
04-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I didnt get the update yet, and I dont have Netflix, so it might have been for people with Netflix only.