PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Round Sponsor Challenges & Training.

PuppieSnacks
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Okay, so I recently passed Q-School and earned my PGA Tour Card (in game of course, lol), and completed one of my first sponsor challenges, which was from Oakley. I remember that I skipped the first pre-round sponsor challenge available to me during the Amateur Tour, which was provided by Foot Joy (FJ). My question is, how am I able to go back and complete any sponsor challenges, and training challenges, that I skipped since there is no selection-menu for completing sponsor challenges under the sponsors main menu? ...or am I just out of luck, and will never be able to complete and earn the equipment for that challenge?

I also noticed by the time I did pass Q-School, I wasn't even able to compete in the first PGA Tour event at Whistling Straits - Champion Cup...I had to skip it and move onto the next Tour event...does everyone have to skip this first event?

Lastly, for those who have already completed an entire season, do you just start all over again...like you first started the game and have to pass the Amateur Tour, and will the sponsor challenges be available to do again?

DarkSeraphim198
04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Hello there, here are a few answers to your questions.

The 1st tournament will always be unlocked in your 1st season as its basically a tournament of champions, so to enter it you must win a tournament in the season before it.

When you get to the end of the season the game will just take you back to the 1st tournament again after the selecting rounds per tournament and live weather menu.

The sponsor challenges themselves will come full circle if you happened to miss 1 or 2, just make sure you complete them all as they pop up. Every tournament will have one until you have completed 4 seasons or so.

Hope this helps!

xplanetpiscesx
04-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Sort of the same question as the OP, but in the Amateur and Nationwide Tours, if you meet the requirements to advance to the next level BEFORE the season ends (which is obviously extremely easy to do), what happens to the Sponsor Challenges in the events that you never get to play? Does this matter, or will these challenges skip over to the PGA TOUR?

mark21667
04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Doesn't matter. I did the same. There will be ample chances to earn all gear. Just do them as they come. Only one is tough.

PuppieSnacks
04-14-2011, 11:50 PM
...in the Amateur and Nationwide Tours, if you meet the requirements to advance to the next level BEFORE the season ends (which is obviously extremely easy to do), what happens to the Sponsor Challenges in the events that you never get to play? Does this matter, or will these challenges skip over to the PGA TOUR?

I was wondering the same thing myself! I basically breezed through the AM Tour, Nationwide, and Q-School, and wasn't given the option to finish playing the rest of the other tournaments if I wanted to, which possibly could of contained other pre-round sponsor challenges. I only skipped the one (first) FJ sponsor challenge during the AM Tour, so I hope I can still get 99/99 completed. Like Darkseraphim198 mentioned, I think they come back around eventually so you can unlock something you might have missed/skipped.

mark21667
04-15-2011, 12:06 AM
You do not need 99/99 completed. You will have unlocked everything way before that.

CanuckLefty
04-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Doesn't matter. I did the same. There will be ample chances to earn all gear. Just do them as they come. Only one is tough.

The goddamned eagles at Costa?

DarkSeraphim198
04-15-2011, 04:59 AM

Yeah that one is the most difficult of all the sponsor challenges, everything else is pretty easily done.

billjones0302
04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
You do not need 99/99 completed. You will have unlocked everything way before that.

Great to know! At the start of my fourth season and a few sponsor challenges are not popping up in pre-tournaments. I was getting worried because I have only completed 49/99 and I have not skipped any.

billjones0302
04-15-2011, 10:28 AM

If that is the challenge I believe it is...back-to-back eagles at Costa Navarino in the third season. Yes, it was a pain, took several tries to complete.

DarkSeraphim198
04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Great to know! At the start of my fourth season and a few sponsor challenges are not popping up in pre-tournaments. I was getting worried because I have only completed 49/99 and I have not skipped any.

I managed to get everything unlocked at 51/99 sponsor challenges, so you should almost be there. The only one that pops up for me now is the Augusta Par 3 challenge.

shilbo-assassin
04-15-2011, 03:03 PM
I managed to get everything unlocked at 51/99 sponsor challenges, so you should almost be there. The only one that pops up for me now is the Augusta Par 3 challenge.
So, is it even possible to get 99 then?

DarkSeraphim198
04-15-2011, 11:42 PM
So, is it even possible to get 99 then?

People have mentioned getting 90+ sponsor challenges completed, I just completed them all as they popped up. Its a bit of a strange one to be honest.

billjones0302
04-16-2011, 02:48 AM
People have mentioned getting 90+ sponsor challenges completed, I just completed them all as they popped up. Its a bit of a strange one to be honest.

I cannot seem to get pass 50 yet, there has not been a sponsor challenge in the past nine tournaments (I need 5 sponsored events to complete the Ping sponsor challenge). Would the DLC courses have sponsor challenges? Just a thought.

DarkSeraphim198
04-16-2011, 05:11 AM
I cannot seem to get pass 50 yet, there has not been a sponsor challenge in the past nine tournaments (I need 5 sponsored events to complete the Ping sponsor challenge). Would the DLC courses have sponsor challenges? Just a thought.

That is a good question, however I aint willing to pay the prices for the extra DLC lol. Which season are you currently in? How many challenges do you still need?

billjones0302
04-16-2011, 08:48 AM
That is a good question, however I aint willing to pay the prices for the extra DLC lol. Which season are you currently in? How many challenges do you still need?

Season 4, I still need 3 challenges. I also found that you can in fact receive sponsor challenges in the DLC tournaments. I downloaded Rivera (I always liked the course) just to check and I received a challenge (beat Tiger in match play over 9 holes). I know the Masters tournament has one, so I will play it by ear and see how it goes, especially since I have to play at least two more seasons anyway (presently 151 weeks at #1).

DarkSeraphim198
04-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Thats probably where the extra sponsor challenges come from then, it makes sense since 10 or so tournaments within the season are DLC.

lincoln80
04-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Do them every time!!!!!!!

Stewie Griffin2
04-19-2011, 04:16 PM

I finished that one on my first try. The holes are in tough spots, but it's not all that difficult. Just gotta stick it close and make your putts.

Mister Macclad
05-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah that one is the most difficult of all the sponsor challenges, everything else is pretty easily done.

Like it! Glad to see that they don't get harder than this, done it today, pain in the a**e

lincoln80
05-01-2011, 04:36 PM
It is the dlc courses that give you the additional. I bought the dlc s the day i got the game and im half way through the second season with over 50 done.

tuxedo2170
06-07-2011, 01:05 AM

That's what I've found as well. The only pro shop items I have left to unlock are what I get for the Ping level 3 and 4 sponsorships.

neverendr
06-10-2011, 08:02 AM
99 is possible, my brother finished it up last night...the only issues being that you don't gain any unlocks after 51 (I think he said that was where he was) and you have to purchase every dlc course. I did the math on the eagle pack, just out of curiosity, and you do get 4,640 ms points worth of course for 2,800 ms points, but you're paying more for courses than you paid for the game in most cases. I got mine brand new on a weekend special at Gamestop for $39, and unless I see the dlc packs as a deal of the week for 60%-75% off I can't see myself buying any of them. I admittedly find it pretty cool that the dlc is integrated into season play, but I can't justify the cost to myself, especially for courses that have been included free for years, like Bethpage black (my favorite course, fortunately a friend from Gamestop printed me out a preorder code to unlock it for free), the predator, the blue monster (I believe), and the dragon one...I never bought PGA 11, I tried 06 on 360 because there weren't many games available for the console when it released, but I didn't care for it...I do own 07 through 2010 since you used to be able to buy used games without an 800 ms point asshole tax from EA. I'm not sure what they're thinking to be honest, the content was obviously available and complete and at least some of it could have come on disc or as part of the "VIP" voucher, the game simply doesn't have enough courses compared to some of the older versions.

At any rate, with the willingness to spend like 50 bucks on courses, you can have your 99/99 sponsor challenges, for whatever it's worst. Pardon my rant, I'm more than a little bit frustrated with EA over this game, among others.