PDA

View Full Version : Got my copy early (play or not to play?)

Zentik
04-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Got my copy today (5 days early), but don't know if i play it or not.
Don't want to be banned to be playing it early.

proof....

http://saved.im/mtc5ody1ahoz/imagen0115.jpg

sorry guys but i'm from chile

Annalie
04-14-2011, 10:40 PM
No dont play it, wait 5 days like everyone else. or risk getting banned your choice....

Tapion
04-14-2011, 10:44 PM
They would ban over playing a real copy? Or was this mentioned about Mortal Kombat?
I know I had Smackdown vs Raw 2009 few days early, and was connected to Live and no problem. That and friend of mine, was able to rent a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3 from Blockbuster on a saturday, few days before its release.

Maybe wait a day or something and see, up to you.

ShaolinShadow
04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
If you have a receipt or a proof of purchase, Then your ok to play online why because microsoft cannot ban you for a legit purchased copy of the game, If you pirated and microsoft catches you then I suggest no, Obviously you have a legit copy so I wouldnt worry about it, A few people had this issue with halo and microsoft couldnt do a damn thing they can only file a complaint on the company that leaked it out, Plus if microsoft banned you for a legit game they know they will get there ass sued

Strider16
04-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Some companies actually don't mind people getting there legit games early. Not sure how these guys would react. But Bungie when Reach came out issued if you got the game early and it was legit, they had no problem with it because they would be resetting ranks on launch anyways.

I can't see why you could get banned. It's legit. But it's how ever the company perceives it.

Sly Toad
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Play it, it is a legit copy so you run no risk of being banned.

KyKy
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I can't see a problem with it, especially if it is a legit copy. They should be happy that someone was loyal enough to pre-order their game.

Zentik
04-14-2011, 11:03 PM
i have my receipt.... so i will try it.

tobiasdennis
04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
crack that bitch open!! it's a real copy, you can't get in trouble (it's the stores fault for selling it to you).

if I had a copy i'd be all over it

Drucifer82
04-14-2011, 11:11 PM
If I received my copy early, I would definitely be playing it. I have proof that I paid for it and there would be an invoice with the product when it arrived, so hell yeah!

InSoMnIaC_190
04-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Don't worry I have gotten MANY games on 360 early. Some big profile ones too. I think the only way you can get in trouble is if it was downloaded (in your case it wasn't) or if you stole a pre-retail copy (maybe before it went gold?) which you also didn't seeing as it's all packaged and what-not and only a few days before release.

You are safe to go my friend! Enjoy the game!

M1 Punk
04-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Try finding out if we received any other exclusives.

jedink
04-15-2011, 12:38 AM
No one would be online if you play it online, just do the main story and stuff and get some practice and when it released you can crush the people who dont bother playing the main story first and go straigh online, you will be more experienced

for me fun stuff comes first then online, online is usually last for me

Vectorman953
04-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Try finding out if we received any other exclusives.

Why did no one else think of this?

ajennice
04-15-2011, 01:04 AM
I work at a game store and i get titles up to 3 weeks early. I still never play them online till street date. I know the articles say MS wont ban you for playing a legit copy... BUT, It's Microsoft. If you do get a ban, they will not overturn it. They wil more likely give you a vague reason why they did it and say "your ban will stay as issued"
Everyone else can say PLAY IT, because it's not their console.
I'd suggest unplugging from the net and playing offline if you do play early. Like I said if you do get a ill fated wrong ban, you're screwed, MS will not overturn it, will not look to an appeal, and will not care if you can provide a picture of the disk, receipt, a sworn testimony from your leader.. nothing.

5 days is better than 300.00

Suiken
04-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Absolutely play it! You will never be banned for playing a legal copy of a game that was sold to you early. The only people who get banned for "early copies" are people playing pirated versions of games. Anyone who tells you otherwise either doesn't know what they are talking about or lying to you.

I have played over half a dozen games before release date, all bought from stores that broke street date, and I have never had any issues whatsoever. I know many others who have done the same and similarly not had any issues.

The simple reason is that it is not the player's fault for owning a legitimate copy of a game early, it is the store's fault and the publisher needs to address it with the store, not with the customer. Only pirates get banned.

InSoMnIaC_190
04-15-2011, 01:51 AM
I work at a game store and i get titles up to 3 weeks early. I still never play them online till street date. I know the articles say MS wont ban you for playing a legit copy... BUT, It's Microsoft. If you do get a ban, they will not overturn it. They wil more likely give you a vague reason why they did it and say "your ban will stay as issued"
Everyone else can say PLAY IT, because it's not their console.
I'd suggest unplugging from the net and playing offline if you do play early. Like I said if you do get a ill fated wrong ban, you're screwed, MS will not overturn it, will not look to an appeal, and will not care if you can provide a picture of the disk, receipt, a sworn testimony from your leader.. nothing.

5 days is better than 300.00

Like my post said I used to get games early, you will not get banned for playing a store bought game. Only the store that sells it to you can get in trouble and that's only if you rat them out. If they banned someone playing a legit copy they would get sued so bad. Like someone else said even with Halo 3 leaking WEEKS before release people were playing it they said no big deal if your playing a retail copy but if you are playing a pirated copy you will get banned.

It is NOT against the law to buy a street date broken game but it IS against the law to sell it. (if your a store at least, don't know if that same case carries me selling it to you after I bought it)

Purple Hooter
04-15-2011, 02:54 AM
Play it. I have absolutely NO idea why people think they will get banned if they purchased a copy of a game from a store. It isnt your fault that a game cracked the street date and sold it to you.

I used to get games early all the time. In the past, I have played GTA 4 a week before release, Halo 3 before release, Gears 2, MW2, Black Ops, etc. Never been banned.

Deadly Moves
04-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Mk isnt a AAA title, so i doubt anyone gives a shit, even microsoft. So i'd play it

chanman
04-15-2011, 03:57 AM
Play it! I'm so jealous right now! Haha!:p

M 0 R T I K I A
04-15-2011, 04:12 AM
I think alot of people are going to get there copy early now, as it just leaked onto the internet. Same with Portal 2.

KillerChris8814
04-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Mk isnt a AAA title, so i doubt anyone gives a shit, even microsoft. So i'd play it

If MK isn't a AAA title what pray tell do you consider a AAA title? Please enlihten me.

DEG23
04-15-2011, 06:18 AM
If MK isn't a AAA title what pray tell do you consider a AAA title? Please enlihten me.

I think he means hyped up titles like halo and call of duty. I used to work at a game shop and those games had warning labels all over them about the street date and reps from the companies would even come and check to see if we had sold any copies early.
Mortal Kombat in my opinion is a AAA title but apart from gaming sites, the news of Mortal Kombat hasn't really flooded mainstream media. Also i get the impression Warner Bros and NeverRealm couldn't care less if the game was played early.

Pieville
04-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Mortal Kombat not an AAA title, blasphemy I say!

ajennice
04-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Like my post said I used to get games early, you will not get banned for playing a store bought game. Only the store that sells it to you can get in trouble and that's only if you rat them out. If they banned someone playing a legit copy they would get sued so bad. Like someone else said even with Halo 3 leaking WEEKS before release people were playing it they said no big deal if your playing a retail copy but if you are playing a pirated copy you will get banned.

It is NOT against the law to buy a street date broken game but it IS against the law to sell it. (if your a store at least, don't know if that same case carries me selling it to you after I bought it)

I'm not saying to play it or not. Just to be aware that if for somereason he does get banned ( 1,000 to 1)that MS will not give him 20 seconds of their time.
And they will not get sued for a wrongful ban. MS is so vague with ban reasons that they will just say your console was tampered with..that's it. they will not ask if your game is/was legit and they basically do not care. If he lived in Redmond WA and by chace did get abnned and he could cart the console and the disk ovver, thats one thing. But try to dispute something us closer folk get nowhere on from South america.
And the reason you never hear of any wrongful bans, is because MS denies that such a thing exists. To them, if you get banned, you deserved it. Doesn't matter if you opened your box, took the console out of the wrapper, plugged it in and you got banned with a brand new console. They'll say there is nothing they can./...err.. WILL do and blow you off. AND by chance if you do get their attention, they just deflect your issue to other departments and keep you on hold till you hang up, or never reply to you if you visit their forums.
I mean if he wants to play it, go for it.. I doubt anything will happen.

eeffeekkuuss
04-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Dont play it because MS will ban you ass BIG TIME :uzi:

Plym
04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
His gamer profile says he played it and got a few achievements.
Any surprises you can reveal about the game?

Drucifer82
04-15-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm now officially going to stalk my mailman until Tuesday :P

Deadly Moves
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Gears of War
Call of Duty
Halo
Fallout

Mortal Kombat isnt big enough to be anywhere the level of these franchises, fighting games never are.

watts320
04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Play it mate. I got mine early and im playing now.

JEDI MASTER 0B1
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
They can't ban you for a playing a real copy of the game(it's the shops fault not yours)in the UK I get games around 2-3 days early & I've never had a problem even when I had Halo 3 & GTA 5 a week early,if you do play it can u let me no if the xbox version has a 3D(it should be in the options)I no the ps3 does,but I'd prefer the xbox version.Thanks & good luck with the game.

M1 Punk
04-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Btw, the picture on the cover of the game is so brilliant. Fighting games shouldn't have more than 2 fighters on the cover of the game, the MK and SF4 are the best I've seen so far. It adds some value to the game in my opinion :p

http://g10gaming.com/images/gaming/xbox360_fighting_Street_Fighter_4_337099.jpg

watts320
04-15-2011, 01:14 PM
They can't ban you for a playing a real copy of the game(it's the shops fault not yours)in the UK I get games around 2-3 days early & I've never had a problem even when I had Halo 3 & GTA 5 a week early,if you do play it can u let me no if the xbox version has a 3D(it should be in the options)I no the ps3 does,but I'd prefer the xbox version.Thanks & good luck with the game.

Not seen any option for 3D mate.

Suiken
04-15-2011, 01:53 PM
MS is so vague with ban reasons that they will just say your console was tampered with..that's it. they will not ask if your game is/was legit and they basically do not care

And since his console is not tampered with, he will not get banned. Its a legit copy and no one has ever been banned for playing legit copy of a game before street date.

Suiken
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Dont play it because MS will ban you ass BIG TIME :uzi:

No, actually, they won't.

darky the hun
04-15-2011, 02:33 PM
If the Copy's CRC matches the legit games CRC, you don't get banned. you could be an Employee, or a Reviewer, no one knows, so you can play it.

M 0 R T I K I A
04-15-2011, 03:07 PM
And since his console is not tampered with, he will not get banned. Its a legit copy and no one has ever been banned for playing legit copy of a game before street date.

FALSE! There was a case where a reviewer was banned from xbox live with his review copy of Forza 3, but the case was resolved and he went back to doing his job... Anyways on a side note this thread should be closed, if you look at his card, hes already played it there for he won`t be looking at this anymore probably.

Suiken
04-15-2011, 03:24 PM
FALSE! There was a case where a reviewer was banned from xbox live with his review copy of Forza 3, but the case was resolved and he went back to doing his job... Anyways on a side note this thread should be closed, if you look at his card, hes already played it there for he won`t be looking at this anymore probably.

It was one isolated case and it was resolved. Try harder...

demonizer_andy
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
the only way u get banned is if u have a copied version they cant ban you for having a normal version, i had GTA 4 2 weeks before its release and the original gears of war 2.5 weeks before retail release theres no worries at all with it

Vulger Spartan
04-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Well with the videos that have popped up in the past 15 hours of people playing their early MKs & uStream-ing it & Justin.TV-ing it all over the web I'd say play that damn thing & tell what you find.

Welsh Killa B
04-15-2011, 06:22 PM
I am GUTTED

mate , fukin smash it!!!!!!

play one player get some practise in. I wouldnt bother online'ing it till release date tho!

if u really are paranoid though take your cable out/ turn wireless off

EnfantDuSiecle
04-15-2011, 07:37 PM
PLAY IT!!!!! and post pictures :woop:

littlejay
04-15-2011, 07:47 PM
no harm will come of playing a retail game early. you know why i wont help people with fable 2? because i got the game 5 days early, got 1k on release day and was 2nd in the world (i shared my hero dolls with the first guy cuz im nice :p )and people will not stop begging me to help them with a game i traded in 2 years ago.

so dont tell anyone you finished it early and enjoy the game :)