PDA

View Full Version : New to MK

Vectorman953
04-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Hi guys,
I'm new to Mortal Kombat as a whole, and my girlfriend is borderline obsessed with it. I've been trying to read all of the MK wiki, but it's not really helping me as to technique (obviously).

Would any of you be able to suggest a good beginning character, tactics, whatever?

jedink
04-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Scorpion is probbably good beginner

i dont know all the characters that is in MK9 but scorpion has always been my favourite in all games and i always play him

i used to do "Get over here, uppercut, get over here, uppercut, repeat"

ShaolinShadow
04-15-2011, 02:27 AM
I would stick with the originals, SubZero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Raiden,

Deadly Moves
04-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Hi guys,
I'm new to Mortal Kombat as a whole, and my girlfriend is borderline obsessed with it. I've been trying to read all of the MK wiki, but it's not really helping me as to technique (obviously).

Would any of you be able to suggest a good beginning character, tactics, whatever?
MK has always been about the cheapest character/moves. So find the character with the cheapest moves and spam the shit out of them, bcos everyone else will.

ShaolinShadow
04-15-2011, 02:41 AM
MK has always been about the cheapest find the character with the cheapest moves and spam the shit out of them, bcos everyone else will.

SO SAD BUT TRUE:mad:

DEG23
04-15-2011, 05:50 AM
my girlfriend is borderline obsessed with it.

You are a very very lucky man indeed:eek:. As an Aussie most of my friends' girlfriends can't understand why we are all so upset that the game has been banned.
Although i'm not sure what the psychological effects would be if my girlfriend ripped me in two on screen.:confused:

evo_4
04-15-2011, 06:28 AM
MK is not a detailed and deep fighting game like Tekken or SF series.
You should get used to it, as long as you play the game.
Watch youtube videos for learn sth. from MK Veterans.

Vectorman953
04-15-2011, 03:05 PM
You are a very very lucky man indeed:eek:. As an Aussie most of my friends' girlfriends can't understand why we are all so upset that the game has been banned.
Although i'm not sure what the psychological effects would be if my girlfriend ripped me in two on screen.:confused:

Yeah, her brother (a year younger) would always play it with his friends and she kind of caught the bug. Meanwhile, I grew up in a house where tearing off someone's head was frowned upon (for some reason). Basically she's teaching me MK, while I teach her about Portal/half life. She laughs when she tears me apart, and I laugh when she doesn't figure out momentum is conserved.

Thanks to everyone else for their input too. I'll try to watch some of the combo videos for the popular guys (scorpion, sub zero) and see if I can't pick it up from story mode and the early parts of the tower

EnfantDuSiecle
04-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Scorpion or Sub-Zero, You can also go to Mortal Kombat wikia for info about characters history of previous games etc. Do you know how lucky you are? I mean i would die to have my girlfriend obssesed with this game as much as i am!