PDA

View Full Version : Trying to 100% mass effect 2

w0kstar
04-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Ok so iam trying to 100% mass effect 2, i currently have 65% of the achievments, so iam more than half way, right now iam replaying the game on insanity difficulty, however has anyone else tried doing it? it almost feels like most of the time that i die because of the game not myself, anyway does the difficulty get too stressful at any given time?

Vanilla Coke Zero
04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
mass effect 2 is easy as hell on insanity. in fact, playing on anything lower is an insult to the game. play as an infiltrator.

w0kstar
04-15-2011, 01:45 AM
mass effect 2 is easy as hell on insanity. in fact, playing on anything lower is an insult to the game. play as an infiltrator.

yeah its cause as easy as it is, versing bosses and huge mechs are HARD!! and sorry whats an infiltrator?

MachineZed
04-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Infiltrator is one of the classes you can choose to be at the beginning of the game.

A lot of the time on insanity you just need to take your time, strip the shields/armor. I had more problems keeping my Shepard in cover (I hate the fact your A button runs to cover, enters cover, and jumps over cover).

Your best bet is to use your powers as much as you can, whether it is your powers (infiltrator/vanguard/engineer) or your team mates powers. Having your teammates do it automatically seemed worthless and manual seemed to help me much more.

Vanilla Coke Zero
04-15-2011, 05:59 AM
yeah its cause as easy as it is, versing bosses and huge mechs are HARD!! and sorry whats an infiltrator?

if you're new to mass effect, then sorry for my above post. i didn't mean to sound like an ass. the infiltrator class is great because if you're in trouble, you can cloak yourself and escape danger. also, those giant mechs, if you shoot off their heads as the killing shot, they make a mini-nuclear explosion. it's good for killing enemies around them.

TAI JASON
04-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Thats the way....the last level is hard as hell, get the best weapons before you enter the suicide mission!

If you reach the flying hexagons you will see what i mean...check out the achivement and hint threads.

Keirris
04-15-2011, 07:27 AM
My Buddy Devioussk47 Had 2 left to 100% but then Arrival Came out xD

Seraph Xii
04-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Do not carry over your commander shepherd from a previous playthrough as all enemies will be scaled to it and since you don't have any upgrades etc... yet it'll be harder.

I played as a soldier, using a sniper seemed to be pretty effective and then when the shit hit the fan you could still rely on the assault rifle.

Stay behind cover as much as you can and spam the fuck out of warp (make sure you have allies with warp) warp ammo is also pretty useful.

Elit3 m0nkey
04-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I played it with a lvl 30 soldier and the only time I had trouble was on Horizon and the Collector Ship. Other than those couple spots it wasn't overtly difficult.

Penguino Rojo
04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Shouldn't this be in the ME2 forum?

Snowwwwy
04-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Shouldn't this be in the ME2 forum?
Exactly what I was thinking.