PDA

View Full Version : How my mom killed my xbox

k1ng Brownie
04-15-2011, 03:10 AM
So I live in south america atm and the electric currency here is stronger than in the us. So we use an adapter for american things.

Well, my mom accidentally plugged it in thinking it was her laptops charger and it blew up, gf xbox 360 slim it lasted from august 2010- april 2011.

I know we all make mistakes but she denies being the one that plugged it in and refuses to pay for the damage. (even thought im 100% sure it was her) /rant

edit 1: I removed "what a *****" (I was pissed when I wrote it)

edit 2: Hopefully it's just the power supply and I can get it fixed or buy a new one for $50 I think

Tyrion619
04-15-2011, 03:12 AM
So you come in here and call your mom a bitch because you're too stupid to keep track of your stuff?

You're so cool. I wanna be just like you.

k1ng Brownie
04-15-2011, 03:15 AM
So you come in here and call your mom a bitch because you're too stupid to keep track of your stuff?

In the first place, why is she in my room touching my things?

My xbox plug is attached to the adapter so I don't know why she removed it

Im pissed that she can't admit to doing it

JDMBO1
04-15-2011, 03:15 AM

Can you blame him, it's called irrationality thought really... plus... it's human nature to vent

Still yea that does suck but, it's partly your fault though

Mr Bungle
04-15-2011, 03:20 AM

It's her house isn't it?

k1ng Brownie
04-15-2011, 03:22 AM
It's her house isn't it?
No, it's my grandparents house

Merciful Fate
04-15-2011, 03:58 AM
But... She's still your mother... Damn I thought this thread was gonna be my mom got pissed at me and threw my 360 in the oven or something like that.

DragonsGoMOO
04-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Your mother obviously isn't the brightest in the box.

How hard is it to look at the adapter, go "that's not what my laptop charger looks like", put it down, and continue looking for it elsewhere?

But, I feel your pain. Sucks to lose a console to such a stupid reason.

Hope you get it resolved and get a replacement soon.

loganm223
04-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Yea man that sucks, but i can understand where your coming from.

ShinobiRain
04-15-2011, 04:16 AM
What's the deal with idiotic people who come in here and make fun of him, such as poster #2. Clearly, he didn't call anyone a bitch, didn't smack talk his mom, and had his Xbox blow up over an stupid accident. If he truly didn't do it himself, which is pretty obvious, then it had to be his mom or someone else, which that party denies doing anything. So instead of punching his wall or his mom he comes to the forum to give us an interesting story, in a mature and rational manner and you guys (poster #2) attack him, even though all of his stuff was in his room and not just lying around his house? What the hell is wrong with you. Also, since I just saw the edits, if you really did say bitch and you edited that out, fix your shit man. Everyone makes mistakes, but don't go around cursing out your mom.

On a side note, wow that sucks. Hopes you can get up and running soon.

Pootcrum
04-15-2011, 04:41 AM
What's the deal with idiotic people who come in here and make fun of him, such as poster #2. Clearly, he didn't call anyone a bitch, didn't smack talk his mom, and had his Xbox blow up over an stupid accident.

I am wondering if there has been a post edit that we have missed.

OP, I understand the frustration when parents fuck up, and then simply refuse to listen to reason.

gamerguy69
04-15-2011, 04:48 AM
So what exactly isn't working now? It may just be the power supply that was affected. Try to get access to another 360 where you can attach your HDD to -- all your game data/saves are still probably on there.

Connect the console to another power supply.

You just seem angry that you can't play right now. Give it a week and you'll feel better. :) Go outside, Read more. Watch TV.

DOOKH8R
04-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Parents just don't understand

Tyrion619
04-15-2011, 05:38 AM
What's the deal with idiotic people who come in here and make fun of him, such as poster #2. Clearly, he didn't call anyone a bitch, didn't smack talk his mom, and had his Xbox blow up over an stupid accident. If he truly didn't do it himself, which is pretty obvious, then it had to be his mom or someone else, which that party denies doing anything. So instead of punching his wall or his mom he comes to the forum to give us an interesting story, in a mature and rational manner and you guys (poster #2) attack him, even though all of his stuff was in his room and not just lying around his house? What the hell is wrong with you. Also, since I just saw the edits, if you really did say bitch and you edited that out, fix your shit man. Everyone makes mistakes, but don't go around cursing out your mom.

On a side note, wow that sucks. Hopes you can get up and running soon.

He edited his post after the fact.

Way to pay attention.

Vanilla Coke Zero
04-15-2011, 05:56 AM
i feel your pain. my dad tripped over my PS2 some years ago, it fell on the floor from a few feet above the ground, and it broke. he denied doing it, which pissed me off.

TAI JASON
04-15-2011, 06:01 AM
If the Xbox is new why you donīt use youre guarentee???

Simply say to MS that the Box stop to work and done...simply say nothing about the damage itself...

Thats not complicated after all....

Pootcrum
04-15-2011, 06:25 AM
He edited his post after the fact.

Way to pay attention.

Thought that might have been the case, you're not usually one to jump to unfounded conclusions.

DragonsGoMOO
04-15-2011, 06:42 AM
i feel your pain. my dad tripped over my PS2 some years ago, it fell on the floor from a few feet above the ground, and it broke. he denied doing it, which pissed me off.

That reminds me of my brother tripping over the Gamecube and unplugging everything.

I was young, and didn't quite understand how it really worked. As soon as that happened, I got mad and quit playing Star Fox since I didn't want to start over.

Little did I know, I started it up years later and everything was saved. But I didn't finish it. Didn't care anymore.

You probably tried playing it again, and got nowhere. I was lucky, but it really sucks that happened.

I was devastated when that happened, but seeing as how it's an Xbox 360 in your case, I can't even imagine what you're feeling.

Bought it yourself? It means more. I bought mine, so if someone broke it, someone is going to pay for a new one. Seriously.

Give it time, and you'll find a solution soon. She'll probably confess and help pay for it. At least hope for that, instead of nothing.

Keirris
04-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Damn Dude that Sucks I Agree Why was she in you'r Room to plug in a Laptop Cord and Why couldn't she Follow the Cord and Realize that theres a Major Difference to the two, I Thought My Mom can't tell What Cord is What (my 360 is in the Living room) But She Still Asks If its the Right Cord even when I'm out! Take Revenge and Plug Her Laptop in and Fry her cord then Plead Innocent! xD The Cords are Really Expensive these days so I See your Dilemma

Snowwwwy
04-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Lets torture the bitch. Okay Im joking.

Really man, I wouldnt come here and call your mum a bitch, it aint gonna solve anything. If you got a problem with your mum touching your things then go and confront her about it.

Nuffzx
04-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Mother knows best ;)

Jtrockn69
04-15-2011, 04:39 PM
lol that sucks.. iv had a similr thing happen to me as well

Opiate42
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM

Or they understand all too well. A strategic "Oops" to get a kid to do their chores or homework?

My Atari burned out under similar circumstances when I was a kid, then oddly enough my grades improved.

Spanish Assault
04-15-2011, 05:25 PM

My xbox plug is attached to the adapter so I don't know why she removed it

Im pissed that she can't admit to doing it

She gave you life...that trumps any mistakes she made.

Very nice Fresh Prince reference...who would of thought he'd become such a superstar.

Skillet
04-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Someday you'll look back on this and laugh, and laugh....

niko da bos
04-15-2011, 05:58 PM
But... She's still your mother... Damn I thought this thread was gonna be my mom got pissed at me and threw my 360 in the oven or something like that.

lol not gon lie, i was almost expecting the same thing:p. maybe the grandparents did it, i couldnt see a mother lying about soemthing so silly to her child. but either way its a tough situation. my internet connection has constantly been in & out lately. good luck on solving the crime :P

Wii187
04-15-2011, 07:09 PM
So I live in south america atm and the electric currency here is stronger than in the us.

I loled, cause it makes sense.

OT, take her to court. :p

zippy100012
04-15-2011, 07:22 PM
you're in her debt now.

ZoddTheImmortal
04-15-2011, 09:03 PM
sucks bro mess her laptop charger up

my_box_72
04-15-2011, 09:15 PM
So I live in south america atm and the electric currency here is stronger than in the us. So we use an adapter for american things.

Well, my mom accidentally plugged it in thinking it was her laptops charger and it blew up, gf xbox 360 slim it lasted from august 2010- april 2011.

I know we all make mistakes but she denies being the one that plugged it in and refuses to pay for the damage. (even thought im 100% sure it was her) /rant

Stop blaming your mom seriously this post is pathetic , go buy yourself a new one :mad: .

k1ng Brownie
04-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Stop blaming your mom seriously this post is pathetic , go buy yourself a new one :mad: .
Not every 17 year old has a job (even if I wanted to get one I couldn't cause they only give jobs to people with the age of 20+ here) and can buy back whatever they need to replace/or have rich parents.

DragonsGoMOO
04-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Not every 17 year old has a job (even if I wanted to get one I couldn't cause they only give jobs to people with the age of 20+ here) and can buy back whatever they need to replace/or have rich parents.

And where do you live???

That's crazy

k1ng Brownie
04-16-2011, 12:06 AM
And where do you live???

That's crazy
Lima, Peru

I once applied at burger king and starbucks but I was over qualified because they said they give priority to people with lower resources.

This is because the government wants the upper middle and higher society families to pay for college as soon as they finish school without the kid having to work. (I know, it's bull)

Kievah
04-16-2011, 12:51 AM

I'm hearing that, and I feel your pain. I've only JUST reached a point where it's not a total tragedy if something happens to my console (or even having the funds to actually afford a moden console, in the first place), and I recently completed Uni...

We don't all have rich parents, and the jobs we have when we're younger don't pay near enough to afford a console without saving for a year or so. You might be lucky and find it's only the power adapter that blew (I had that happen when I stupidly plugged in US Gamecube adapter with a cheap power converter here in Aus...). Get a buddy's Xbox360 adapter, plug her in and see if she works. Other than that, it just sucks. Good luck!

Kunduz
04-16-2011, 02:02 AM
a new mom or a new xbox?

Anyway, I had hoped the thread would go something like this: My mom got so pissed while playing and threw my xbox into the microwave or perhaps she took my xbox down to the shooting range and never returned it to me.

Ice Car
04-16-2011, 02:08 AM
So you come in here and call your mom a bitch because you're too stupid to keep track of your stuff? You're so cool. I wanna be just like you.

I lol'd. :p

Tyrion619
04-16-2011, 03:10 AM
I lol'd. :p

Glad you liked it. :D

k1ng Brownie
04-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Glad you liked it. :D
I bet you're so proud

Snowwwwy
04-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Someday you'll look back on this and laugh, and laugh....
Haha. True that.

KeyOfDarkness
04-16-2011, 03:15 PM

But it was in his/her room... how is that not keeping track of it?
Yes there's no reason to call his/her mum a bitch but still.

On topic: Yeah that sucks :T this is why everything of mine is boxed up after I use it. Not kidding. Mostly because I can't afford to replace anything that breaks.
Do what I do, hold it over her, go break something then deny it forever :V

jules the great
04-16-2011, 03:36 PM
That sux but im glad you edited your calling her out of her name. Unless she abused you, pimped you out as a child, beat you uncontrollably, or did any horrendous act throughout your childhood, theres no need to call her names. Like someone else said one day you will look back on it and laugh.

spyder2g
04-16-2011, 04:07 PM

So did it kill your mom's laptop too? Man I would have been in deep shit if something that I left out toasted my mom's laptop, even if it was in my own room.

Sucks that it's a slim - I've got an extra brick for the older model.

Damage
04-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Its NOT his room!! Technically its his grandparents. Until you pay rent its not yours and you have no legal rights in regards to its use etc. Its the old, get out my room kid rant.

Try using a different PSU before you buy a new one. & here is the kicker!! HAVE YOU TRIED CHANGING THE FUSE IN THE PLUG!! Its rigged to blow BEFORE the PSU or xbox. Its really simple to do and should always be the first thing you check! IF not, then why??

TheUglyCasanova
04-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Sucks for you bro. I keep my Xbox and TV as far as away from any traffic in the house as humanly possible for such reasons. Hell, I don't even let my cat in the room in case he decides to hop up where my TV sits and decides to scratch his ass and take it out.

I probably value my Xbox more than I should but reality sucks so I need it to forget how weak the day to day rat race is.

sak7395
04-17-2011, 01:31 PM
unlucky mate

shouldn't say stuff like that to your mum though, you'll feel guilty afterwards

master_shake_350
04-17-2011, 01:45 PM
That's why my mum has her own 360!

Snowwwwy
04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
That's why my mum has her own 360!
If your mum has her own 360, it means she plays 360, which makes her sound pretty cool haha.

Elit3 m0nkey
04-18-2011, 01:02 AM
a new mom or a new xbox?

I had a good chuckle after reading that.:D

SinkSickness
04-18-2011, 01:05 AM
its not really nothing much you can do. Its your mom.

i got squeezed
04-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Sad story but just tell your mom to not touch things in your room next time, and ask in a polite tone or what ever suits you lol.

I'm 18 and finding a job, finding jobs are hard out there and I let my mom know and anybody don't touch my expensive stuff not unless they know what they're doing. Only thing she touches in my room is the computer.

Kunduz
04-18-2011, 02:19 AM
I had a good chuckle after reading that.:D
I aim to please ;P

TheFlusher
04-18-2011, 02:28 AM
This reminds me of my old playstation...

When I was visiting overseas, we had to get a transformer to be able to play the playstation.

So as soon as we got one, we watched our dad plug it in and boom! The gray smoke coming out of the system and boy it does stink..

Did we get mad? No..We just laughed at Dad and told him looks like we are getting new playstation!!! :P

darktears88
04-18-2011, 02:59 AM
that sux but you shouldnt blame ur mom!~

Hitchman
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
That does suck, but I would be out getting a new one instead of complaining about it on the forums.

DragonsGoMOO
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
that sux but you shouldnt blame ur mom!~

Are you serious? If his mom was the one who plugged it in and broke it, then he should blame her.

vLotus
04-19-2011, 12:19 AM
what a noob

Tyrion619
04-19-2011, 01:49 AM
what a noob

Pot, meet kettle.

RudeBoy TK
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
just love your mother!!(L)

Ice Car
04-28-2011, 11:16 PM
just love your mother!!(L)

I just love how you bumped this topic for no reason. If you are going to at least add something constructive. If it is not possible to in a case such as this topic, don't bump it.

RudeBoy TK
04-29-2011, 12:10 AM
General off topic and my mom kill my xbox to but i still love her!!! Have respect!!

Tyrion619
04-29-2011, 02:20 AM
General off topic and my mom kill my xbox to but i still love her!!! Have respect!!

Respect for what?

Like what was mentioned, you added nothing constructive to this thread.

If your mom killed your XBox too, maybe you should have mentioned that in your original post.

RudeBoy TK
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Grow up pleaze haha i post what i want to post in here!!!

Tyrion619
04-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Grow up pleaze haha i post what i want to post in here!!!

Yeah.

That attitude will get you pretty far in here.

Great job so far.

/sarcasm

RudeBoy TK
04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
:boomhaha very mad people in here!! pleaze grow up first and then complain about me! /sarcasm

by the way this tread is bumped!!

Tyrion619
04-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Who's mad?

We're just annoyed.

If you want to bump a dead thread, that's fine as long as you add something constructive to the thread, which you didn't until you were called out on it.

Your response was, "I can post what I want."

That attitude won't get you very far with the mods and/or other members here.

It's in the forum rules dude. Check 'em out.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=180508

"Donít Spam. If you have nothing new and constructive to add to a thread...donít post. If someone has posted an answer or a link, there is no need for a ĎWhat he saidí post. Donít spam the New Members board. If you are just going to post a short generic message, donít bother. Don't make posts like "I agree" or "Thanks for 'X'" as it just clutters up threads.

If Staff feel that your thread isn't adding anything constructive to the site, they will remove it without warning."

If you don't like the rules, take it up with a mod or admin. No need to necro a dead thread.

RudeBoy TK
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Who's mad?

We're just annoyed.

If you want to bump a dead thread, that's fine as long as you add something constructive to the thread, which you didn't until you were called out on it.

Your response was, "I can post what I want."

That attitude won't get you very far with the mods and/or other members here.

It's in the forum rules dude. Check 'em out.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=180508

"Donít Spam. If you have nothing new and constructive to add to a thread...donít post. If someone has posted an answer or a link, there is no need for a ĎWhat he saidí post. Donít spam the New Members board. If you are just going to post a short generic message, donít bother. Don't make posts like "I agree" or "Thanks for 'X'" as it just clutters up threads.

If Staff feel that your thread isn't adding anything constructive to the site, they will remove it without warning."

If you don't like the rules, take it up with a mod or admin. No need to necro a dead thread.

But are you a staffmember?? I think not

Tyrion619
04-29-2011, 03:22 PM
But are you a staffmember?? I think not

Holy shit dude.

You just don't get it do you?

Nevermind.

I'm done with you.