PDA

View Full Version : The Golden State Warriors shake up the Draft!

Jdm
06-30-2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/Warriors_2007_Draft_Release.html

^^^More info from the G.S. Warriors site.

WOW! After all of the talk after the post-season about keeping Jason Richardson and that he's going no where...he got traded yesterday to the Charlotte Bobcats for the #8 Overall Pick, (F) Brandan Wright. I guess unloading Richardson was better for the Warriors because that unloaded his contract as well. The Warriors now should have some breathing room when it comes to their payroll. At the #18 spot in the First Round, they drafted (G) Marco Belinelli from Italy. I am praying that these 2 guys will make an impact on the team. Maybe not soon, but one day. I know first hand how lousy the Warriors drafts are. We could have picked Kobe in the past. Need I say more?

With the #46 Overall Pick in the 2nd Round, G.S. drafted (F) Stephane Lasme.

Let's hope this draft is a good one! Farewell J. Rich and good luck in Charlotte!

Shaaady Souljah
06-30-2007, 12:21 AM
thats a good trade. that kid could turn out to be one of the best from this draft. he could also become a bust... but either way, richardson is not very good anymore. he cant shoot.

Krazie
06-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Yea, Richardson has really become nothing more than an average player who still looked better than he was cause there werent too many playmakers on his team..

SegaSaturnSNK
06-30-2007, 12:58 AM
I think he'll do good with the Bobcats because the last couple of years he hasn't played well was that he had others to do the scoring plus injuries he had. Golden State don't even need him anymore knowing they have Harrington, Davis, Jackson, and others to score. Reason they got rid of Richardson was to sign Davis to an extension which probably will happen. He'll def. be a scorer for the Bobcats, easily at least 20 points per game. Especially that Jordan is around, he can help Richardson on a lot of things and give him some advice.

Hulking Bubba65
06-30-2007, 02:36 AM
good move by the warriors Jason Richardson isn't even that great, he is way too over paid, plus the warriors got Brandan Wright who was a steal at number 8 but i guess the bobcats didnt want him, i think that Brandan Wright and Baron Davis should be a good 1-2 punch, what a great move by the warriors

SegaSaturnSNK
06-30-2007, 03:36 AM
I don't think Bradan Wright is going to come off all that great in his first season even though they needed a big man. I think what makes the Warriors great and continue to be a playoff team is Baron Davis to stay healthy. No healthy Baron, no playoffs.

yoyojovan
08-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Brandan Wright and Marco Bellinelli are huge pick-ups for the Warriors. The future is very bright in the Bay Area.

Shaaady Souljah
08-11-2007, 02:03 PM
please stop dragging up all of these older threads for no reason...