PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle fights

Elkon75
04-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Anyone have the solutions for the puzzle fights?

Dcon6393
04-15-2011, 11:37 AM
It is too early to have all solutions, but I am working on an achievement guide as well as a battle puzzle guide, bounty locations guide, and artifact location guide. It will take me or anyone else awhile to get a guide up for anything.

If you are afraid of not being able to do the battle puzzles because you are going on with the story then do not worry, you can return to previous campaigns whenever you want to.

KnightOfTruth
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I solved the first 2 in the Sylvan campaign (the second one on the first try), no more available yet - I'll post the solution to those in just a bit.

Black Barney
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
good stuff Dcon, look forward to reading your cheevo guide and roadmap. Don't worry about the multiplayer stuff, you can save that for last and get up a cheevo guide for single player stuff first if you want.

KnightOfTruth
04-15-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm not saying these are the ONLY ways, but this is how I did it...

Okay, thought I had a save right before I did 'em, but apparently not - I went with my memory on this and then also used a vid from the Nintendo version/FAQ to see if I was right.

I swear the 2nd puzzle has a Treant and not a dragon though... can't remember. Will gladly be corrected if someone remembers.

Nelir's Puzzle #1:
Remove (press "B") on the Blue Hunter between the Yellow Hunter and the Dragon in the 3rd column. This should make a wall out of your Yellow Hunters and an attack formation of your bears.
With the chains, you should now have 4 moves, woohoo! Now you'll need to activate the Dragon in champion formation:move the Blue Hunters in the 1st and 2nd column to the 3rd one (so that there's 4 Hunters in a square). For the final moves you'll need to move the Blue Hunters from the 3rd and 4th column to the 1st. *Voila*

Like I said I found this one very easy after spending so much time on the 1st one. The objective is to activate the Treant/Dragon.

Nelir's Puzzle #2:
Start by moving the Blue Hunter in the 5th column to the 2nd column. Remove (press "B" on) the Yellow Hunter in the 2nd column and the Blue Hunter in the 5th. After that move all the bears to activate the Treant/Dragon's champion formation.

I won't spoil it, but you get a pretty nifty reward for completing the 2nd one (IMHO). :woop:

KnightOfTruth
04-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Oooo just found another couple puzzles in the tree...

Ranger Puzzle #1:
Destroy/Remove the wall in the 3rd column. Now you should have 3 moves. Move the blue bear from the 3rd column to the 1st, THEN destroy the pixie to activate the Druid (you need that extra move). With the remaining 2 moves, activate the yellow druid by moving the 2 hunters below him. Yay!

Ranger Puzzle #2:
Destroy the bear in the 2nd column, it will create a wall and a Hunter attack formation. Now we've got 4 moves! Destroy the bear in the 3rd column for another Hunter group and still 4 moves. Now what I did was pull one of the green Deer from the right (the last column) and put it to the right of the pixie in the 1st column. Then move the pixies to activate each Deer's elite formation and it should work...

(I'm typing these out as I try 'em, so as long as they work I'll keep the strategies up!)

I'd recommend doing these puzzles asap because they're basically free experience. The last puzzle here was sort of a waste because all my units are already level 5 that you use in that puzzle... just a protip I guess! ;)

Black Barney
04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
gamefaqs.com has the solutions under the DS version of the game. I assume it's the same for this. I don't intend to read the solutions until I've tried each one a ton of times tho. I feel personal pride for finishing all Magic:the Gathering puzzles, for instance.

KnightOfTruth
04-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Figure I'll just keep it going... eventually we'll probably want a thread dedicated to all the solutions on THIS site...

Just found another puzzle giver - this time its Rolly the Barkeep:

Wow, this one took me awhile!!

Rolly's Puzzle #1:
Move the Swordsman in the last column three columns left (below the first Priestess). Move the Spearman in the last column one column left (below the Priestess). Remove the lone Spearman below the Knight and watch as multiple chains rock your world! Move the Priestess in column 1 left one space (so she's aligned with the right side of the angel thing). Move the remaining Spearmen to activate the left Priestess and win!

Rolly's Puzzle #2:
Got it on my second try by some freak chance... Move the Swordsman from the second to last column to the second column (from one griffin to the other). Remove the Archer in the 3rd column up near the top, you should end up with 2 walls and now a white Swordsman in its place. Now destroy the Archer in the 6th (3rd to last) column for 2 extra turns. Now move the white swordsman to complete the Champion setup with the left Griffin. Use your last two turns to move the archers from under the left Griffin to the right Griffin to complete the puzzle! Booyah!

Dcon6393
04-15-2011, 07:12 PM
good stuff Dcon, look forward to reading your cheevo guide and roadmap. Don't worry about the multiplayer stuff, you can save that for last and get up a cheevo guide for single player stuff first if you want.

Oh yeah, I am definitely playing the campaign first, while writing everything down while I play it haha. I played a round of multiplayer for fun and the guy quit out instantly, and I got the achievement for winning a game.

@Knight of Truth, good stuff man. Do what I am doing, type them all up in a word doc. I am still on the first campaign because I have been writing the guide, but I will try to get a good road map up tonight with a general guide with a few achievements in heavy detail. This game is very deep in the amount of time it will take to get 200, so obviously I do not have it yet, but I want to get a general guide with some beginner tips and full explanations of a few achievements. I would just like confirmation that no achievements are misable.

Black Barney
04-15-2011, 08:37 PM
yeah the focus should be on determining if there are missable achievements (like the side-quests and such) or not. thanks again!

Dcon6393
04-15-2011, 08:52 PM
yeah the focus should be on determining if there are missable achievements (like the side-quests and such) or not. thanks again!

Yeah, i will test the missability (is this a word???) of achievements at the end of my game by making like 4 separate saves to be safe, then finishing whatever the final quest is, then see if I can go back. This game is great btw, whoever hasn't tried it yet.

KnightOfTruth
04-15-2011, 08:58 PM
So far it looks like you can definitely go back. I beat the first campaign (just shy of getting all my creatures to level 5 for the achievement), made a separate save just in case. Found out you can choose to go back and play that campaign again after you've started the next one - it lets you choose upon savegame load.

KnightOfTruth
04-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Ooo, almost walked right past this guy... got it first try though!

Sir Roderick's Puzzle #1:
Move the swordsman from the 1st column to the 3rd (below the Griffin). Move the spearman from the 1st column to the last (below the Priestess). Destroy the swordsman in the last column for +2 turns! Move the lonely swordsman from the 1st column to the 3rd occupied column (the one below the griffin with the spearman). Now DESTROY said spearman! Bring the newly freed spearman from below the Griffin to his final resting spot below the Priestess! Shazam!

Okay, this next one was a pain... kept getting stuck with needing 1 more move, which usually means you need to do another chain somewhere.

Sir Roderick's Puzzle #2:
Ugh,... this one is an ugly mess. Since all 8 columns have things in them, we'll keep them #'d 1-8 from left to right. After 30 minutes my first instinct was right... the first move IS destroying a wall. Destroy the bottom wall (white) in the 5th column. Remove one of the Archers in the 2nd column (whichever one annoys you more). Move the Swordsman from the 3rd column to the 2nd. Remove the 2nd Archer (the 2nd from the top) in the 3rd column. Remove the Archer in the 2nd column. Now you've got 2 moves left and two white Swordsmen left. Move the one from the 5th column to below the Angel in the 7th column. Do the same for the Swordsman in the 6th column (at the bottom of your attack formation). Now all that's left is to watch the destruction... and the lone yellow Archer who apparently is left cleaning up the debris!

Dcon6393
04-16-2011, 02:15 AM
So far it looks like you can definitely go back. I beat the first campaign (just shy of getting all my creatures to level 5 for the achievement), made a separate save just in case. Found out you can choose to go back and play that campaign again after you've started the next one - it lets you choose upon savegame load.

Yeah i know that, I just meant after you complete the entire game, maybe it will not let you.

Auburok
04-16-2011, 05:02 PM
gamefaqs.com has the solutions under the DS version of the game. I assume it's the same for this. I don't intend to read the solutions until I've tried each one a ton of times tho. I feel personal pride for finishing all Magic:the Gathering puzzles, for instance.

Yeah, it's the same. This is the same exact game from the DS, just spiffed up and units are redrawn and given different names.

KnightOfTruth
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Well, here's the first puzzle fighter I found in Fiona's campaign -

This one is pretty easy...

Sir Reginald's Puzzle #1:
Remove the green zombie in the 5th column (4th occupied column). Move the Ebon Guard from the 1st column to the last column. Move the green Zombie from the 3rd column to the 1st column. Move the remaining Zombie from the 4th column to the 1st column. Remove the blue Zombie from the 1st column to activate the Vampire. Use your last move to move the Ebon Guard from the 6th column to the last column, activating the last Vampire and completing the puzzle! Huzzah!

Sir Reginald's Puzzle #2:
(need Bone Dragon still)