PDA

View Full Version : Does my room need to be tall to use Kinect?

Frasr
04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
my room is in the attic/loft and its only 6 ft tall (my head touches the ceiling lol). I'd really like to get Kinect but I don't think my room is tall enough..
Are you able to play it while sitting in a chair or something?

Agent Aero
04-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Some games you can, but it's not enjoyable. I only have 2 kinect games which are K:A and kinectimals, but they both require a lot of movement and jumping.

JeJans
04-15-2011, 10:07 AM
my room is in the attic/loft and its only 6 ft tall (my head touches the ceiling lol). I'd really like to get Kinect but I don't think my room is tall enough..
Are you able to play it while sitting in a chair or something?

You are gonna have to jump! when playing at a friends house (having 2 m to the ceiling) im hitting the ceiling with my head all the time, and it hurts! luckily i have 3 M in my room (im 1.88 cm tall).

TAI JASON
04-15-2011, 11:39 AM
3x3 meter are the best for kinect. I got a big living room so everything works fine...

JeJans
04-15-2011, 12:05 PM
3x3 meter are the best for kinect. I got a big living room so everything works fine...

3 x 3 doesn't say much about the height from floor to ceiling, does it? ;)

Snowwwwy
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
I wouldnt say tall, but Id say spacious. Just so your comfortable, when playing and dont fear of breaking things around you haha.

DragonsGoMOO
04-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes, you need more room than that. You probably won't be able to play sitting in a chair.

There is a lot of jumping (from the games I've played: Sonic Air Rider, Kinect Adventures, Kinectinimals, Kinect Adrenaline Misfits [sorry if names are wrong, I played them long time ago])

Either cut a head-sized hole in your ceiling, or learn to play on your knees.

It's really fun. I hope you find a solution. Great way for exercise. Sonofabitch system made me lose 6 pounds without me knowing.

bartipoo
04-30-2011, 03:25 PM
6ft should be fine but I guess this depends on how tall you are.

Sorrel
05-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Mines currently in a room with a 6' ceiling (fine by me, I'm a little under 6')
Kinect Adventures is ok as you don't really have to jump much just make sure your feet leave the floor occasionally.
Zumba fitness however, I've had to flap my arms up and down like a loon and I keep scraping my knuckles on the artex. I can imagine most of the other fitness type ones will be like that too.
You might be safe with the YooMovie thing, but I don't think you'll get the full enjoyment out of the kinect till you get some head room.

AwesomeBigBear
05-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Well, I hit my hand i my room ceiling so my hand started to bleed when I jumped while playing kinect

Rockshow2oo8
05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
It all depends on what games you are playing, but i think that the high isn't that important as the distance from the Kinect cameras....

HammerIntoAnvil
05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
You'll put yourself in hospital with concussion with Kinect plus a ceiling that low. An attic possibly won't be big enough anyway, as it does need a lot of space.

captainpiccard
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm playing by myself (tee hee) on a 6' x 6' space and that is enough (at least for Kinect Adventures), but in terms of height, as everybody mentioned, you will be jumping, so either get a helmet or a room with a higher ceiling.

BlackRob182
05-25-2011, 06:09 PM
My room doesn't seem fit for certain games like the Biggest Loser when you get on the ground, oh well I only play the demo anyway :p

Nicholai wolf
05-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Well, I hit my hand i my room ceiling so my hand started to bleed when I jumped while playing kinect

I've done this quite a few times now, I'm just under 6' and my ceiling in the living room is about 8'-9'

ydnarrocks
10-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Some of the games require jumping, your settup may not be optimal for that.

xiVSQUIRRELVix
11-01-2011, 08:59 AM
6ft should be fine but I guess this depends on how tall you are.And It all depends on what games you are playing.

Worhammer
11-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I remember back when the Wii first came out, I took it over to a friend's house, we were playing Tennis doubles with my gf & his. I punched a hole in his cieling.

Oops. :/

So I'd say...Kinect is probably the same. Gunstringer you can play sitting down, and it's a super fun game! Not sure about any others as I just got my Kinect today.

Savage13
03-13-2012, 01:51 AM
If I had a 6 foot ceiling, I dont know if i would even bother with Kinect unless you plan to use it for voice commands only. We have ours in the basement and have a 7 foot ceiling. I'm 5'10" and wife is 5'6" and we can play most games, but have smashed our hands into the ceiling on so many games (KS2 tennis). Waiting for the day i put my head throguhnthencan light. Can't imagine anything shorter...