PDA

View Full Version : Number 1 Spot

TeL2K7
04-15-2011, 05:32 PM
can someone quickly tell me if after a few seasons that tiger woods dont over take you at number1 after each event bcoz this is really annoying

DarkSeraphim198
04-15-2011, 11:45 PM
He won't come close to taking over at number 1 again if you consistantly perform at a high level (winning tournaments, FIRs, GIRs, low putting average, birdies, eagles etc)

billjones0302
04-16-2011, 03:00 AM
He won't come close to taking over at number 1 again if you consistantly perform at a high level (winning tournaments, FIRs, GIRs, low putting average, birdies, eagles etc)

It could happen if you skip too many tournaments. I was up by 30+ points (average points) and down by 1 (1070-1071 total points) after skipping a DLC and the Costa Navarino tournaments (both down from 45/1110 before the skip). So I had to jump start my totals before my ranking dropped.

DarkSeraphim198
04-16-2011, 05:14 AM
I usually go through a spell of completing 3-4 tournaments then skipping 1 or 2 based on how far ahead I am in avg. points. If I'm less than 2 points ahead I wont skip an event as I would hate to lose the no. 1 spot after having it for over 200 weeks. Luckily for me though I regularly keep a backup copy of my season on a different hard drive, just incase something goes wrong.

DwayneDays
04-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I play every event and finish like 14 under every tourney and he still overtakes me, what a pile of piss

Trash Man
04-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I play every event and finish like 14 under every tourney and he still overtakes me, what a pile of piss

Are you hitting regular FIR's and GIR's?

I play every event, in my 3rd season and not skipped one, I'm nearly 20 avg. points in front and have over double the total points of 2nd place.

I usually hit anywhere from -6 to -20.

Sounds like something is going wrong for you somewhere.

billjones0302
04-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Are you hitting regular FIR's and GIR's?

I play every event, in my 3rd season and not skipped one, I'm nearly 20 avg. points in front and have over double the total points of 2nd place.

I usually hit anywhere from -6 to -20.

Sounds like something is going wrong for you somewhere.

Wow! I suppose every gamer is calculated uniquely by their style of play. I have never been more than 16 points (average total) ahead and never been close to double on total points, usually around 150-200 points.

I hit the majority of FIRs and GIRs every game, score between -10 to -20, pick up several birdies, an eagle or two, occasionally an ace, avoid all hazards, and always win the tournament. I am amazed that your totals are so high.

Trash Man
04-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Wow! I suppose every gamer is calculated uniquely by their style of play. I have never been more than 16 points (average total) ahead and never been close to double on total points, usually around 150-200 points.

I hit the majority of FIRs and GIRs every game, score between -10 to -20, pick up several birdies, an eagle or two, occasionally an ace, avoid all hazards, and always win the tournament. I am amazed that your totals are so high.

I've played 56 rounds with FIR of 92.2% and GIR of 89.6%. 2 hole in ones, 50 odd eagles and 700 odd birdies.

I've only skipped the DLC courses, so I have not lost any points for skipping other tournaments.

I've nearly finished all the sponsors to level 4, just need to win The Masters with a Nike ball and clubs. Then I can make a save and start skipping events to try and get to season 7 faster.

Violent Jay 24
05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
FIRs and GIRs have nothing to do with your ranking. Only your position in tournaments does. If you cant keep tiger off of you, check your "Events" in the Golf Rankings. It is probably glitched and only giving you one year of events instead of two so you are stuck at like 18 or 19 if you played all of the previous season no dlc included. This means tiger's ranking is including 2 years worth of tourneys and yours only 1. Very hard to keep your ranking when you are handicapped like that (actually impossible unless you download the Els or Greek Isles so you can always play 20 a year).

This is apparently a fairly common glitch with no known cause. People keep talking past each other about it b/c the OPs dont realize the actual problem, so people without the glitch tell them all sorts of things that (usually) would be accurate if they didnt have the glitch.

DeafeningLime
05-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I dont know what its based on either. I have played 20 tournaments, won all. I was #1 at the end of fed ex cup, played the first tournament on season 2, won by 15 strokes and was still #1, skipped the dlc course and now Im #2. I have won everything since (except dlc) fairway is over 94%, green over 95%, plenty of birdies, eagles, etc...beats me how Im not #1. Sounds like the BCS is making the decisions on this game

xRaW CaRNage x
05-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure how it work either. I got my #1 with still two tournaments left in the first season. I skipped all dlc. My setup is 1 round am. I put the ai scoring on extremely low. My fir is like 95 and girr is also. I'm winning only by 3 to 5 strokes. Tops for the ai is normally around -18 to -19. I'm half way thru second season and I'm still in 1st. Ea rankings. Tiger is in like 5th place. Mabee it is bugged for some peoples games? Idk

Taki...
05-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Top 10 finishes seems to be the most important stat (for Tiger at least). Once you catch him the game pairs you up with him, and as such he'll finish top 10 in that tournament. As soon as the next DLC tournament comes along he will (almost always) go straight back to #1. Which means you'll need to overtake him again... ergo you get paired up again. At a certain point (w/o DLC) you will hold onto the #1 ranking and from that point he'll drop back for good. I won every torunament in year 1 and 2 (excluding DLC) and it took around a year and a half before he dropped far enough back for me to start my run at 281 weeks.

The Morfiend
05-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Hopefully i'm going to have the same process as Taki above.
I played the entire 1st year, 4 rounds a tourney, won them all by miles and only skipped the dlc yet was 2nd. Started year 2 with 1 round per tourney, won the masters and overtook tiger for no1, got to next dlc, dropped to 2nd and had to play next game against him where he cheated many times but still lost. A couple of tournaments later and i'm still 2nd with something like 32.00, 850, 20 to tiger's 30.00, 1300, 37 or there abouts.
I'm just hoping that I don't lose my #1 spot every time a dlc course pops up.