PDA

View Full Version : Achievements don't pop

YvoMulder
04-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi all,

I have gotten a question. I didn't touch my xbox for a couple of months, so when i fired it up 2 days ago, I had a dashboard update. Ok, no problems, but... i played forza 3 today, gotten to driver lvl 30 and the achievement didnt pop at all! on the dashboard, the game even says nothing when i last played forza 3. very weird! so i just thought, ahh wel, lets pop in left 4 dead. there was a small update, then i loaded up my gamerprofile and it said, couldnt update the gamerprofile no achievements will be saved.
what the heck?!
so basicly, achievements dont pop and games dont update their last played date!
anyone has any ideas what to do?!
thanks

my_box_72
04-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

I have gotten a question. I didn't touch my xbox for a couple of months, so when i fired it up 2 days ago, I had a dashboard update. Ok, no problems, but... i played forza 3 today, gotten to driver lvl 30 and the achievement didnt pop at all! on the dashboard, the game even says nothing when i last played forza 3. very weird! so i just thought, ahh wel, lets pop in left 4 dead. there was a small update, then i loaded up my gamerprofile and it said, couldnt update the gamerprofile no achievements will be saved.
what the heck?!
so basicly, achievements dont pop and games dont update their last played date!
anyone has any ideas what to do?!
thanks

Try clearing you system cache ;)

YvoMulder
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Try clearing you system cache ;)

ok, but that will delete all game patches too right? also my dlc or not?
and btw; where do i delete my cache?

B0seiju
04-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Quick tutorial here:
Q) How do I delete my console's Cache?
A) WARNING!: No ill-effects of clearing your console's cache have been reported but there is no proof that it's entirely safe either. Clear the cache at your own risk.

Select Device Option on your HardDrive and then hit LB, RB, X, X, LB, RB, X, X.

EDIT: also to answer the dlc and update question. It doesn't delete downloaded dlc, but it does delete updates if I remember well. But only game specific updates. If anyone would confirm this, it would be nice.

Off topic: Achievements don't pop, they bleep bloop. Doesn't anyone else notice that?

Kidin ;).

Son of Kyuss
04-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Clearing your cache doesn't sound like the solution to this problem IMO. I've heard of this happening before and people have reported that deleting and recovering their gamertag fixed the problem.

[Waggly Bean]
04-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Clearing your cache doesn't sound like the solution to this problem IMO. I've heard of this happening before and people have reported that deleting and recovering their gamertag fixed the problem.

That was going to be my suggestion! ;)

Snowwwwy
04-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Did you change the options? If thats possible Im not sure?

YvoMulder
04-16-2011, 07:02 AM

thanks for this and all other suggestions. i will try to recover my gamertag. i thought about it myself, but its always good to ask you lot here ;)
i will try in a couple hours.
thanks again!

ldpleasant
03-22-2013, 07:45 AM
dang, hope this never happens to me