PDA

View Full Version : owned by walmart

hondafast
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
I pre-ordered mk9 at walmart.com but for me to get the game on the 19th. I had to order it 3 business days before release day, now i got to wait till the 25 - 27 of April. :mad:

The Bum-Mobile
04-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Damn, that sucks. I got delivery-day delivery for 99 cents on Amazon.

PrinceOfThralls
04-16-2011, 07:01 AM
I got mine from an austrian shop and it's already on my way to me.

Can't wait...will most likely get in on monday, with a very small chance of getting it today.

M1 Punk
04-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Is there zero chance of getting the game on release day if you didn't pre-order it in the States?

Genesis x360a
04-16-2011, 08:55 AM
I dont see why people pre-order......=S You always run the risk of getting it late. Just go into the shop on release and buy it. Atleast you know you'll get it there and then.

jswartz0181
04-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I dont see why people pre-order......=S You always run the risk of getting it late. Just go into the shop on release and buy it. Atleast you know you'll get it there and then.
Unless they run out. :P

PrinceOfThralls
04-16-2011, 09:05 AM

I do this often. Sadly games like MK are never released in germany, so I have to get them from an internet austrian shop anyway. I have no choice there.

Genesis x360a
04-16-2011, 09:11 AM
I do this often. Sadly games like MK are never released in germany, so I have to get them from an internet austrian shop anyway. I have no choice there.

Ohhh I totally get it if you need to order because you cant get hold of it by means of a shop, I was just getting at that in general people will pre-order games when they can easily pick them up from the store but they run the risk of not getting it at all :p

@Jswartz - Ive been gaming for nearly 9 years and I cant say ive ever gone into a gamestore on release day and they've been sold out.

Drucifer82
04-16-2011, 09:40 AM

Only if you pre-order by mail, most people pre-order locally, then they are guaranteed a copy when they walk into the store on release day.

I pre-ordered by mail, so no midnight release for me, but I also paid for express shipping to ensure that I would have it by release day.

PrinceOfThralls
04-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Ohhh I totally get it if you need to order because you cant get hold of it by means of a shop, I was just getting at that in general people will pre-order games when they can easily pick them up from the store but they run the risk of not getting it at all :p

@Jswartz - Ive been gaming for nearly 9 years and I cant say ive ever gone into a gamestore on release day and they've been sold out.

I see and agree. I also cannot understand why people pre-order games so often instead of just picking them up. I remember preordering Halo Reach limited Edition, and at the end it made no point because all the stores had and still have the Reach limited Edition. You only risk to get it later if you pre-order it.
I guess people get just so hyped for the game that they want to make 100% sure they get it.

When Skyrim comes out I will have the highest collectors edition preordered, just to make that one sure. And I also will go to the store and get a regular copy. I want 2 copys anyway so this will be the perfect solution. My Oblivion disc got messed up and it has some problems now. And when I think about how often/long I will play Skyrim...2 copys will be a minimum. So I will get my collectors edition for sure, and also I will have a copy to play right on from the release.

But why pre-ordering normal games when you can just pick em up at the store?

Drucifer82
04-16-2011, 09:44 AM
But why pre-ordering normal games when you can just pick em up at the store?

1) Pre-ordering locally ensures that when you walk into the store, you'll have it.

2) In the case of this particular game, most places (if not all) have run out of Kollector's Editions due to pre-ordering. :)

Genesis x360a
04-16-2011, 11:28 AM
2) In the case of this particular game, most places (if not all) have run out of Kollector's Editions due to pre-ordering. :)

Maybe in the past but not anymore. Now when you pre-order a game that game is added to the total amount the store will recive. For example if the stores amount is 80 games and they get 50 pre-orders then they will recive 130 games. Thats why gamestores push pre-orders so much because even if you dont pick up the game you ordered then they can still sell it on to the public.

hondafast
04-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I ordered online because walmart has the 10 egift card if you buy mk9. I used it towards the 12 month xbox live code that was 39.99. Wanted store pick up but they didn't have that option for this game. I might have to go to the store and buy it and return the other one when it gets here.

Sno Pirate
04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
In the UK im not legally allowed to buy it so pre-ordering is the way to go, you normally get it early if you order from GAME as well

jswartz0181
04-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I have. The one time I've ever tried to buy a game on release date, it was sold out and I had to wait almost a week for a new copy to come in (after reserving it).

Hutchy27
04-17-2011, 10:06 AM
In the UK im not legally allowed to buy it so pre-ordering is the way to go, you normally get it early if you order from GAME as well

Yeah you normally get it a day early.
but I preordered from Amazon I rather save 10 then have a possibility to get a day early.

djpatje
04-17-2011, 11:48 AM
i already have it only downside so far is omfg laggy online play and SSF4 spamming of special skills and the weird ranked match system theres no levels or rank based so u just get raped by owners now and then wich kinda ruins ranked achievies this game is going to be hell to 1k