PDA

View Full Version : Beta Discussion (Keep it here, please.)

Pages : [1] 2 3

FPS GLIMMER
04-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Whats with the double barrel shotgun? It takes 9years to reload and has a HUUUGE reticule.

Also whats the deal with people being able to blast each other at the same time with it killing both of you.

What did they do to the active reload? It just doesnt seem right.

I personally dont know what to think about this. It seems to be much more slow paced then gears 2. I really like the unlockables and such, there are tons of them. I dont understand why they have like 5 levels of them, I mean do we really need a gold star in active reloads? I can sit and boost it for 5 minutes over and over again.

Im still loving the pistols though.

To answer Googles question, you literally have to be breathing on them, a few feet in front of you and it wont kill them in one shot, which makes it risky because it takes so long to reload. You honestly have no point in using it since the standard shotgun is a little less powerful but move effective if you miss. The double barrel shotgun has i believe 1 star range while the regular one has 4. There doesnt seem to be a host problem though.

FPS GLIMMER
04-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Also to be honest, I really dont think I will be playing it long, ive played for about 2 hours and I honestly dont care if I play again. Its not really THAT fun.

McGoogles
04-16-2011, 03:38 AM
How close do you have to get in order for the double barreled shotgun to be effective? If it's very powerful, then I can understand why the reload time is high.

Off topic: You can edit your first post instead of double-posting. It's considered spam.

Sly Toad
04-16-2011, 04:41 AM
Yea the double barrel is shit and so is the retro lancer, gnasher ftw! Favorite map right now is the trenches one and favorite gametype is CTL.

EDIT: After playing it a bit more, the sawn off is good, but not as OP as people on the beta are saying it is. Retro Lancer is still shit though :P

$ Cream $
04-16-2011, 05:05 AM
The double barrel IS effective, it can turn multiple enemies into pieces with just one shot. The trick is to be really close to the enemy, pretty much as close as if you would use melee, and shoot from the hip. If you actually try to aim with the left trigger it doesn't seem to be as deadly.

I skipped the second GoW, so I'm very used to the epic shotgun battles that the first GoW had (which I really enjoyed). But with the third game they seem to try to encourage the players to use more assault rifles. Rifle fire drops you down pretty quickly and sometimes it feels a bit too powerful when someone just runs next to you, starts spraying with a lancer from the hip without aiming and kills you.

So that's something to get used to, but I guess it adds a bit of balance and variety in the sense of making you use different weapons.

Jumping and running feels kinda heavy: you can't quickly jump next to a downed enemy, melee him with B and jump away. Everytime you try to hit a downed enemy, instead it goes to short animation where you kick em Duke Nukem style.

....but so far it's quite entertaining! You just gotta learn all the little changes made to the gameplay and BAM, it's fun.

Skeletor
04-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Whats with the double barrel shotgun? It takes 9years to reload and has a HUUUGE reticule.

Also whats the deal with people being able to blast each other at the same time with it killing both of you.

I personally dont know what to think about this. It seems to be much more slow paced then gears 2. I really like the unlockables and such, there are tons of them. I dont understand why they have like 5 levels of them, I mean do we really need a gold star in active reloads? I can sit and boost it for 5 minutes over and over again.

To answer Googles question, you literally have to be breathing on them, a few feet in front of you and it wont kill them in one shot, which makes it risky because it takes so long to reload. You honestly have no point in using it since the standard shotgun is a little less powerful but move effective if you miss. The double barrel shotgun has i believe 1 star range while the regular one has 4. There doesnt seem to be a host problem though.

Ok, I'll bite...

1. The Double Barrel shotgun is INSANE when you get a shot off right... but that's the trick, timing and aiming it so the shot counts. There's a reason there's only 4 bullets and takes FOREVER to reload. I prefer the gnasher slightly more, but still, awesome weapon, IMO.

2. Double kill or killing each other was definitely in Gears 2, not sure about 1 as I didn't play that online as much. But I remember it happening plenty of times to me in Gears 2

3. I like what they did with active reload. Each weapon's active is unique and the process is a little slower, making you have to time it right even more so now. I remember being able to blindly active reload in 2, that's going to be a little tougher now.

4.I feel you on all the levels for all the medals, but I think they just included that for more replayability, it also seems to be the way a lot of MP games are going now. You'll either have lots of medals/pins or a prestige type of mode, or both in some cases.

I played about 2 hours myself today and had fun. Definitely liked the pace. Still plays like gears, maybe a little too much as it didn't feel TOTALLY different. Not sure if that's a bad or a good thing. I'll have to keep playing it to see if my opinion changes, but so far so good methinks.

ConfusedGeek
04-16-2011, 09:53 AM
got to get used to running again. havent played much gow2 lately so i might be rusty but it feels too sensitive when trying to turn.

MASS DOMINATION
04-16-2011, 10:27 AM
got to get used to running again. havent played much gow2 lately so i might be rusty but it feels too sensitive when trying to turn.

If you're having trouble running then i think thats the least of your problems, lol.

Zenith94x
04-16-2011, 02:12 PM
All I have to say is the Digger Launcher is one of the most unique, satisfying, and fun weapons I have used in a video game.

Mongolian Beef
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Edit: Online is still a shotgun fest, so if that's what you like about gears 1/2, then I'm sure you'll like gears 3 as well. :rant:
I also noticed a lack of ammo boxes, what's up with that??

All I have to say is the Digger Launcher is one of the most unique, satisfying, and fun weapons I have used in a video game.
The digger launcher is awesome! just like an underground bombchu (from the Zelda series).
The Oneshot sniper rifle kills in 1hit, but it takes time to charge (every time you scope in) and you cannot move while scoped.
I also like the new Gorgon smg (pistol).

The Lancer actually kills things now! I wasn't a fan of the hip firing (read:random), wall bouncing, active, gnasher shotguns from gears 1 and 2, so this is a welcome change. Retro Lancer seemed more powerful than the regular lancer but the recoil is terrible, great for hip-firing. The charge is pretty cool but there's a good chance you'll just take a shotgun to the face.

Shotguns are just as powerful as ever. The Sawed Off shotgun is pretty useless imo. It has a WIDE reticule, which may help people who have no aim get kills, but I honestly don't see why anyone would use this over the much superior gnasher. And yes, it take forever to reload.
Edit: The Sawed Off shotgun is pretty helpful in King of the Hill when you have to kill multiple enemies in 1shot. (so I guess it's not as useless as previously thought)

The double kill thing that someone mentioned^^ I think is fair. Unlike cod, bullets don't disappear in midair. I didn't notice any difference in active reloads, seems to work the same. (maybe it's just the sawed off that's giving you problems?)

There's also a delay when you pickup weapons, there's this ring that needs to filled when you pick up new weapons or ammo. I like the idea but it seems pretty inconsistent right now. Epic needs to fix this because it is really annoying (there would be a prompt to pickup the weapon, I'd press the button but nothing happens, so I would have to get closer or reposition myself to pick it up.)

The graphics look good but not very impressive. The ribbons and medals and all that are nice little extras, there seem to be a ton of them. Did not notice too much lag.

Overall, I am enjoying the beta. I was not a huge fan of the bouncing shotgun contests of gears 1/2 MP, but I am having a blast with this.

chizrocker88
04-16-2011, 05:03 PM
This might be a stupid question (and my apologies if it's been answered and I missed it) but does the beta progress from the Bulletstorm version carry over into the GoW3 preorder one?

ConfusedGeek
04-16-2011, 08:04 PM
This might be a stupid question (and my apologies if it's been answered and I missed it) but does the beta progress from the Bulletstorm version carry over into the GoW3 preorder one?

i dont think the progress does, but you can win and keep skins for your weaopns and thrasher cole.

CMCX360
04-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Stupid question, is there 2 player split-screen or are they saving that for the retail version? Was looking for the FAQ they posted but can't find it.

FPS GLIMMER
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I never got the option for 2 player split screen. ALso for some reason today the Double barrel shotgun seems to be the popular item to use. People will literally use it the whole game without switching weapons.

Pr0ph3cy
04-16-2011, 10:14 PM
the game is retarded and i hate it

ConfusedGeek
04-16-2011, 10:30 PM
its a shotgun fest. maybe there too much recoil on the lancer.

ConfusedGeek
04-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Stupid question, is there 2 player split-screen or are they saving that for the retail version? Was looking for the FAQ they posted but can't find it.

no mp split screen in this beta.

IIISETIII
04-16-2011, 11:15 PM
i dont think the progress does, but you can win and keep skins for your weaopns and thrasher cole.

I really hope your wrong about this, everything should carry over. Does anyone know the exact time the Bulletstorm beta will be active? Will it be tomorrow night at midnight?

Burning Karma
04-17-2011, 01:15 AM
its a shotgun fest. maybe there too much recoil on the lancer.
Welcome to Gears's MP. Please enjoy your stay.

I really hope your wrong about this, everything should carry over. Does anyone know the exact time the Bulletstorm beta will be active? Will it be tomorrow night at midnight?
I remember watching IGN vs Epic yesterday, and Cliffy was on the phone talking to the IGN guys. They asked if the other stuff would carry over, but he said the logistics of it or something hadn't been worked out, but they could.

Thoughts on the beta:
I really love the Digger and the Retro Lancer. The rifles are quite useful now, and charging into someone with the RL is a great feeling. Not a big fan of the sawed off. Too low of ammo and too long of a reload for my tastes. Digging the maps; there isn't a single one I love, but I don't hate any of them either so that's a plus. I'm enjoying Capture the Leader. It doesn't feel like such a burden being the leader anymore, like it did in Guardian. Can't wait to play more of it later on tonight!

RedAuerbach
04-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Capture the Leader. Oh man, can that take forever.

Also I love these ribbons, medals and challenges.

GILLHUHN
04-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Ok i have a question for getting the gold retro lancer you need to play 90 matchs then get 100 kills with it. My question is does it count as a kill if i down them with the golden lancer then curb stomp them? Or do i have to shoot them while down?

Marcus issavage
04-17-2011, 03:00 AM
I played it only for about 30 minutes at a friends, so my mind could change, but the things I didn't like were

1. The stupid loading bar thing when you pick up weapons, revive people, and to do executions. I honestly don't understand why it was even added to the game. I mean it only makes it about a second longer but for some reason it really bothers me. I hope they get rid of it.

2. I feel like they spent way too much time on making fancy executions. It's not a huge deal, just feel like they take too long to do, and way too much focus on them.

Other than that I really enjoyed it, but won't be able to play it on my own xbox until the 25th. Damn.

GILLHUHN
04-17-2011, 03:02 AM
I played it only for about 30 minutes at a friends, so my mind could change, but the things I didn't like were

1. The stupid loading bar thing when you pick up weapons, revive people, and to do executions. I honestly don't understand why it was even added to the game. I mean it only makes it about a second longer but for some reason it really bothers me. I hope they get rid of it.

2. I feel like they spent way too much time on making fancy executions. It's not a huge deal, just feel like they take too long to do, and way too much focus on them.

Other than that I really enjoyed it, but won't be able to play it on my own xbox until the 25th. Damn.I don't like what you said about the executions they are supposed to take long epic said you will get more XP for performing long executions as apposed to killing quickly. so there is a point to it take a risk get more xp or kill them quick get less xp. I love the idea because i think executions are awesome.

Marcus issavage
04-17-2011, 03:53 AM
I understand you can make them last longer for more points, but I just feel like they went overboard on them. I've never been of fan of executions so I guess I'm just biased. I also haven't played for long so I might warm up to them (most likely not, but who knows).

Pea Tear Gryphon
04-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Seen a few players running around with a Green Gnasher; could possibly be a skin for the other weapons as well, just curious if anyone else has seen what I am referring to or know how to unlock this during the beta as I dont see it as being an option when I look through the weapon unlock screen in game? :confused:

RecklessMatten
04-17-2011, 05:42 PM
how are people playing it already :S

ConfusedGeek
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
how are people playing it already :S

now sure if this is a serious question, but they got early early beta codes. friends family and lucky ppl.

ConfusedGeek
04-17-2011, 09:36 PM
just an fyi for those who are already playing, tomorrow (and apparently for two weeks), the only game type is TDM. so you may want to get other game type skins done.

see this epic forum link (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=775634).

i guess since tdm is new they want ppl to play it. and since the bbee (and the vip) got it early, they may want the next wave (gow3 preorders) to play it too.

btw, according to the above link if you already have the skins unlocks they wont go away.

ConfusedGeek
04-17-2011, 11:17 PM
and this is why they call it a beta.

http://www.justin.tv/omnislasher/b/283912135

hopefully this type of stuff doesnt happen at retail, but im sure it will.

Shivettez
04-17-2011, 11:53 PM
i have Bulletstorm Epic Edition. so... i have to wait til tomorrow morning to play??

IIISETIII
04-17-2011, 11:58 PM
2am pst from what I've heard.

Zenith94x
04-18-2011, 01:48 AM
So many people use that sawed off shotgun its so easy to get kills...

Teh Phantomz
04-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Only 45 more minutes :)

Agent JFG
04-18-2011, 08:54 AM
People will probably do this anyway, but I'd still like to ask. Could a few people post here and let us know when you start your download at 2am (PST)? Thanks.

Leak8
04-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Just went into bulletstorm and beta menu... Downloading a 400 megabyte update.

Master_D
04-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got the 400 MB update for the Gow3 Beta in Bullet Storm. 5:20 AM EST

Edit: Oops, looks like you beat me to it Leak8. See you on the Beta.

Cheers

Agent JFG
04-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got the 400 MB update for the Gow3 Beta in Bullet Storm. 5:20 AM EST

Edit: Oops, looks like you beat me to it Leak8. See you on the Beta.

Cheers
Yeah, I'm downloading that now as well. Does anyone know if that is the Beta? I thought I remembered seeing posts saying to expect 2GB or something like that.

Leak8
04-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Im guessing we will have to download something else. On the beta menu it said have 2gb free......

Master_D
04-18-2011, 09:31 AM
These guys over in this thread seem to know whats going on:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=305788

This 400 Mb is supposed to be an initial update, and there are others to follow suit, hence the need for the 2 GB worth of space.

Cheers

Leak8
04-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Cheers for that master d. Maybe catch you online.

Smashing Impacts
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your very informative input to this thread. It is severely appreciated.

I am enjoying this so far. The Retro Lancer takes some getting used to it but I prefer the normal Lancer. Not used too much of the Sawed Off Shotgun but it seems easy to shoot from the hip than to actually aim. Not used the Digger yet but I used it at Eurogamer last year and really enjoyed it, such a unique weapon. Still getting the feel for the game and the little changes that have been made but I am having fun.

If anyone wants to play some, send me a message. :)

DFizzle720
04-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone want to post a link to a tutorial or give me some tips? This is my first time playing Gears and I have no idea what I'm doing.

nappster187
04-18-2011, 12:58 PM
how do you play other modes besides teamdeath match... I want to unlock everything....

neok182
04-18-2011, 01:13 PM
to those of you with beta, how the fuck do you pick up a meat shield or revive someone?

i was under the impression that it was press x, but that never comes up when i'm near someone, all i get is hold Y for the execution for a meat shield, but revives i never get a indicator to revive someone when i'm near them, i just button mash praying to god it revives them.

Smashing Impacts
04-18-2011, 01:21 PM
how do you play other modes besides teamdeath match... I want to unlock everything....
TDM is the only game mode available until 25th April when another will be released.

to those of you with beta, how the fuck do you pick up a meat shield or revive someone?
:xbut: for both.

Akatsuki Sw1tch
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Wow after ALL the hype about how they've tweaked the dire VS modes on GEARS they've hardly changed anything!? It's still just as shit as it's ever been! :mad:

Clunky/Horrible/Slow/Small teams, With the Gears Of War games it's always been about the co-op for me but i was willing to finally give the MP another try to see if it had redeemed itself, And after a few go's the only noticeable changes that i saw were Stat tracking (Which i HATE anyway) and various unlockables which are a just a games way of keeping you playing to unlock new skins/weapons ect.

I will be picking Gears 3 up on release for sure but will NOT be touching the online VS modes yet again, Co-Op All the way :woop:

neok182
04-18-2011, 01:29 PM
TDM is the only game mode available until 25th April when another will be released.

:xbut: for both.

Thanks man.

BTW, does anyone else think that the Gnasher shotgun is MORE powerful than the sawed-off? i constantly get 1-shotted by the Gnasher from 5+ feet away and 2-3 shots to take someone out from 10+ feet.

And the Retro lancer just sucks.... screw the gold one, never going to happen.

Perxxxxx
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
The 400mb update has made my Xbox break. Every time I select Gears of War 3 Beta my Xbox crashes. What's going on? This is just pathetic. :mad:

Please, someone help.

ConfusedGeek
04-18-2011, 01:51 PM
The 400mb update has made my Xbox break. Every time I select Gears of War 3 Beta my Xbox crashes. What's going on? This is just pathetic. :mad:

Please, someone help.

maybe delete the stuff already downloaded? and try again.

ConfusedGeek
04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks man.

BTW, does anyone else think that the Gnasher shotgun is MORE powerful than the sawed-off? i constantly get 1-shotted by the Gnasher from 5+ feet away and 2-3 shots to take someone out from 10+ feet.

And the Retro lancer just sucks.... screw the gold one, never going to happen.

yeah, i think its too powerful from far away.

btw when someone writes plancer, what rifle are they talking about? the retro?

also, one of the ribbons say get bronze on all 5 starting (?) weapons, what are these? does this include the pistol?

neok182
04-18-2011, 01:57 PM
yeah, i think its too powerful from far away.

btw when someone writes plancer, what rifle are they talking about? the retro?

also, one of the ribbons say get bronze on all 5 starting (?) weapons, what are these? does this include the pistol?

yeah it feels like the shotgun from gears 1/gears 2 no patches. Which was way to powerful, hence why they dumbed it down during 6 patches. Now gears 3 is going to need the same.

The Plancer is the Pendulum Lancer, or the Retro Lancer.

And the starting 5 are the Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro, Sawed off and Gnasher.

IIISETIII
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM

Wow really, why? I think it's fantastic. I liked Gears and Gears 2 but so far this is just way better than both. Maybe it's because it's still new to me but I think Gears 3 is going to be amazing. Also the maps are two of the best they've ever done imo.

Perxxxxx
04-18-2011, 02:01 PM
maybe delete the stuff already downloaded? and try again.

I've done everything that I can think of, basic Xbox restarts, cleared the cache. Deleted and re-downloaded the update(s). Cleared the cache again. For the best part of an hour I've just been trying to make it work. This isn't happening.... :(

Smashing Impacts
04-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Official news on the game modes and dates. Someone might want to update the OP.

Mon 18th through Sun 24th - TDM on Thrashball and Checkout only.
Mon 25th through Sun 1st - TDM on Thrashball, Checkout, and Trenches only
Mon 2nd through Sun 8th - TDM and KOTH on all 4 beta maps
Mon 9th through Sun 15th - TDM, KOTH, and CTL on all 4 beta maps

Link (http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/therealcliffyb/~uJ34g).

neok182
04-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Official news on the game modes and dates. Someone might want to update the OP.

Originally Posted by Cliff Bleszinski
Mon 18th through Sun 24th - TDM on Thrashball and Checkout only.
Mon 25th through Sun 1st - TDM on Thrashball, Checkout, and Trenches only
Mon 2nd through Sun 8th - TDM and KOTH on all 4 beta maps
Mon 9th through Sun 15th - TDM, KOTH, and CTL on all 4 beta maps

Link (http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/therealcliffyb/%7EuJ34g).

really pissed about this. Nothing but TDM for two weeks? and then what i keep hearing is the best mode, CTL is only out for one week? just ass.

Kal_El
04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Game is amazing! i love it it kinda sucks that theres only 2 maps and only 1 mode but it's fine the game is so good it's absolutely mind blowing! no lag!!!

p.s check it

just uploaded this =)

YouTube - Gears of War 3 Beta Gameplay | Team Deathmatch on Checkout(Score: 13-2)

Touch
04-18-2011, 05:56 PM
bots that are not even looking at me shooting me is annoying, anyone else?

LOKIkillsALL
04-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Downloaded the update and got everything set up this morning so I'm good to go when I get home. SLOWEST workday eeeevvveeerrr :(

Lord Montymort
04-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Absolutely HATE this game.
I loved Gears 1 and 2, but this...the only thing good about it is the Dedicated servers.
Shotguns are still screwed beyond belief (still the "you shoot someone five times, they shoot you just once and yet you die" crap).
Checkout is the worst map for any game ever.
The people playing are useless cowards who instead of helping out will run away crying rather than fight a group of more than one enemy with you.
Mantel kick can knock you over even when you're nowhere near the cover the enemy went over, which in turn equals auto-death.
Getting your kills stolen is even easier and even more annoying because of the stupid hold button for x amount of time executions.
New Rodie-Run gives me a headache.

In short the beta better get better as new modes and maps unlock and people learn how to play because right now I'm considering canceling my pre-order.

Mega Mayo Man
04-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Lots of people saying that the Retro Lancer is shit, however I would go as far to say it's actually my favourite weapon in the beta BUT I only seem to kill when I'm not ADS. If you fire from hip it's really, really effective and I have took down 3 people charging at me whilst walking backwards doing this method. Maybe the haters should try it? It dows enemies in seconds!

The new game modes should be interesting when they're released. I kept hating on the respawn countdowns when I first played, but I suppose it's actually the same as all other FPS who's kill count climbs, just reversed.

Smashing Impacts
04-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Lots of people saying that the Retro Lancer is shit, however I would go as far to say it's actually my favourite weapon in the beta BUT I only seem to kill when I'm not ADS. If you fire from hip it's really, really effective and I have took down 3 people charging at me whilst walking backwards doing this method. Maybe the haters should try it? It dows enemies in seconds!
Agreed. I started using it to try and get the feel for it and it is great at a close to medium distance!

Ondu Kinuta
04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
I just started playing and saw that to get the Chrome Hammerburst I believe I need the rookie gear achievement from Gears 2. I have it but didnt get it online. (Played offline horde) Can I get it at all?

GrislyDW13
04-18-2011, 09:57 PM
I noticed that "Old Guard" metal is not unlocking, even though I've already got the Veteran Achievement in GEARS 2. WTF??

jd070993
04-18-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm actually loving the Retro Lancer. Charging in Leeroy Jenkins style and stabbing your target in the gut is an oh so sweet feeling. Use it right, and it can be a real game changer. Unfortunately, online still seems to be a shotgun fest, so there are not many chances to use the bayonet, but still...

Loving the beta so far (shame Portal 2 also comes out this week...).

SteroidalEagle
04-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I seen someone using Baird in the multiplayer, and the leaderboards for CTL and KOTH has a bunch of people playing it. Can someone explain?

jd070993
04-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I seen someone using Baird in the multiplayer, and the leaderboards for CTL and KOTH has a bunch of people playing it. Can someone explain?

I think that the people who got early access with codes had the entirety of the beta unlocked for them until today.

Yes, I know it's incredibly silly. If they wanted to test these new maps and modes, then surely Epic can just unlock them for everyone from the get-go? It's like taking candy from a baby, except the candy resembles the game modes and maps, and the baby resembles a bunch of men (and Anya) running around with over-powered shotguns.

KillerChris8814
04-18-2011, 10:20 PM
So far playing the beta the only problem I've seen is the sawed off isn't consistant on damage. Really I shot a guy in the back of his head 3 times and once in the front of his head and he doesn't die yet he shoots me once in the leg with the same gun from further away and I die. Really, they need to be more consistant with the damage.

xhunterrrr
04-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I am getting pissed off at the sawed-off shotgun. It is turning into the Gnasher of Gears 2. People just roll through your bullets and blast you once. They need to balance it a little more. Or making the stopping power of bullets a little better.

IXISHADOW
04-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I myself have not played the Beta yet... however I have heard numerous cases of a strange glitch going around. It states that the dedicated servers are down and it lists 0 players in social and ranked and then all of a sudden you can play on the Trenches and Old Town maps. Does anyone else have this issue to confirm the problem?

jd070993
04-18-2011, 10:30 PM
I myself have not played the Beta yet... however I have heard numerous cases of a strange glitch going around. It states that the dedicated servers are down and it lists 0 players in social and ranked and then all of a sudden you can play on the Trenches and Old Town maps. Does anyone else have this issue to confirm the problem?

Haven't heard of that one :confused:

Where did you hear about this glitch?

IXISHADOW
04-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Haven't heard of that one :confused:

Where did you hear about this glitch?

One of my friends has posted this on his TA feed and also if you take a look on the link below and scroll to the bottom another person is experiencing this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8118-Gears-of-War-3-Multiplayer-Beta-Schedule-Revealed.html

Mega Mayo Man
04-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I think I have played nearly 25 matches or so and I also have entered Old Town. It feels really familiar, I got stupid deja vu playing it and I don't know why. Unfortunately I had to quit out to get some food in me and haven't had such luck again since :(

Checkout and Thrashball are getting annoying now but I really want to unlock Cole in Retail ASAP so I can chill lol

ARCANEVALORE
04-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I find in most cases they have now made the Hammerburst completely useless. It's to slow at far away and less powerful up close i'd prefer the retro lancer up close if not using the Gnasher. Does anyone else think the hammerburst became crap or am I all alone :p

McGoogles
04-18-2011, 11:25 PM
I have the Bulletstorm Epic Edition and a beta code. How/where do I enter the code? It gives me no option to do so.

xhunterrrr
04-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I have the Bulletstorm Epic Edition and a beta code. How/where do I enter the code? It gives me no option to do so.

Did you use the code when you first played Bulletstorm to get the Epic Edition extras (like the leash)? If so, all you have to do is go to the Bulletstorm main menu and at the bottom is the Gears 3 MP Beta. Select it and it will ask you to download an update. Good to go!

McGoogles
04-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Did you use the code when you first played Bulletstorm to get the Epic Edition extras (like the leash)? If so, all you have to do is go to the Bulletstorm main menu and at the bottom is the Gears 3 MP Beta. Select it and it will ask you to download an update. Good to go!

I rented Bulletstorm a month or two ago, purchased an online code, got all the achievements, then returned it. Then came the new DLC and the beta, so I rented another copy from Blockbuster and I've acquired a beta code from someone.

I downloaded a title update that was only 60 mb but it still gives me no option to the Gears 3 beta.

xhunterrrr
04-18-2011, 11:39 PM
I rented Bulletstorm a month or two ago, purchased an online code, got all the achievements, then returned it. Then came the new DLC and the beta, so I rented another copy from Blockbuster and I've acquired a beta code from someone.

I downloaded a title update that was only 60 mb but it still gives me no option to the Gears 3 beta.

That beta code does not go with Bulletstorm. You have to have an Epic Edition code to play the Gears 3 beta through Bulletstorm.

You should try entering that code through the Redeem Code option on Xbox Live.

McGoogles
04-18-2011, 11:43 PM
That beta code does not go with Bulletstorm. You have to have an Epic Edition code to play the Gears 3 beta through Bulletstorm.

You should try entering that code through the Redeem Code option on Xbox Live.

It worked. Very much appreciated sir.

Maybe this conversation will help other users who had the same problem as I did.

xhunterrrr
04-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I find in most cases they have now made the Hammerburst completely useless. It's to slow at far away and less powerful up close i'd prefer the retro lancer up close if not using the Gnasher. Does anyone else think the hammerburst became crap or am I all alone :p

I am loving the new Hammerburst. The iron sights are great for across map shooting and I think the firing speed is great (then again, I can mash RT quite quick).

space_monkee69
04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
I noticed that "Old Guard" metal is not unlocking, even though I've already got the Veteran Achievement in GEARS 2. WTF??

Im having the same issue. Got it during one of those 30x Exp events but its not showing i have it unlocked. WTF!?! now i want to know what it unlocks for the BETA!!

IIISETIII
04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Why is it that when doing the charge kill w/ the Retro Lancer you sometimes bounce off of your opponent rather than stabbing through them and getting the execution animation?

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Im having the same issue. Got it during one of those 30x Exp events but its not showing i have it unlocked. WTF!?! now i want to know what it unlocks for the BETA!!

It only unlocks the medal. Also, Epic knows it is glitched.

space_monkee69
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM
It only unlocks the medal. Also, Epic knows it is glitched.

meh, then im not missing anything. thanks man:drunk

Lord Montymort
04-19-2011, 01:29 AM

What on earth are you talking about, before Gears 3 I never touched the Hammerburst I hated it so much, but in this one it is my go-to gun, even more so than the Shotguns. Best feeling I have ever had in a game was when I was sat in the Mortar/Mulcher spawn on Thrashball as the last player alive on my team against the final 5 locust and killed them all with nothing but my Hammerburst:cool:.

Deaf_Paradox
04-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Anybody else noticed that 2 of the medals require you to kill someone who is either 25 or 50 levels above (Underdog & Giant Slayer). Could it be that some people won't be able to get Serious 3.0 or that there is going to be a prestige rank???

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Anybody else noticed that 2 of the medals require you to kill someone who is either 25 or 50 levels above (Underdog & Giant Slayer). Could it be that some people won't be able to get Serious 3.0 or that there is going to be a prestige rank???

The "leaked" list is fake. What is said to be Seriously 3.0 is not true.

Deaf_Paradox
04-19-2011, 01:43 AM
The "leaked" list is fake. What is said to be Seriously 3.0 is not true.

Fair enough and good news then otherwise :uzi:lol. Cheers

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Fair enough and good news then otherwise :uzi:lol. Cheers

I, for one, am glad it is fake. It sounded INSANE.

Schism
04-19-2011, 02:21 AM

its pretty good when you fire it really fast but when ADS its terrible. Damn sights are crap and move around crazy.

Zenith94x
04-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Damn, so many threads being closed. Guess i'll post here.

I think they defiantly have to patch the sawed off. Its so easy for someone to get a kill with it. Just walk up, shoot, run away while it reloads. Repeat. It is good for some situations but really doesn't benefit your team since you have to leave the fight after you shoot once. Also, the gnasher is better and it can do just about the same as the sawed off, but it just takes more skill.

Nevander
04-19-2011, 02:34 AM
Anyone know how to get the "Under The Radar" ribbon?

Under The Radar
At least you're here.

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Damn, so many threads being closed. Guess i'll post here.

I think they defiantly have to patch the sawed off. Its so easy for someone to get a kill with it. Just walk up, shoot, run away while it reloads. Repeat. It is good for some situations but really doesn't benefit your team since you have to leave the fight after you shoot once. Also, the gnasher is better and it can do just about the same as the sawed off, but it just takes more skill.

I know, I saw that. Someone got a little carried away with locking threads?

And I completely agree about the Sawed-off Shotgun. Very annoying.

ARCANEVALORE
04-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Anyone know how to get the "Under The Radar" ribbon?

I think you either have to hideout and survive without a kill or Just not move at all the whole match!

Zenith94x
04-19-2011, 02:42 AM
I think you either have to hideout and survive without a kill or Just not move at all the whole match!

I think its the entire match with no kills, deaths, captures, etc. Basically all the stats on the scoreboard have to be dashed marks. And it cannot be standing still since they put in idle booting.

One last thing, Anya better gain some weight by the time the retail game comes out.

ARCANEVALORE
04-19-2011, 02:44 AM
I think its the entire match with no kills, deaths, captures, etc. Basically all the stats on the scoreboard have to be dashed marks. And it cannot be standing still since they put in idle booting.

One last thing, Anya better gain some weight by the time the retail game comes out.

Agreed with Anya, I had no idea they put in an idle booting. Since i'm never idle it would never happen to me. Well I can honestly say no deaths and that you better have a damn good team to get that ribbon!

Burning Karma
04-19-2011, 02:47 AM

I think that the people who got early access with codes had the entirety of the beta unlocked for them until today.

Yes, I know it's incredibly silly. If they wanted to test these new maps and modes, then surely Epic can just unlock them for everyone from the get-go? It's like taking candy from a baby, except the candy resembles the game modes and maps, and the baby resembles a bunch of men (and Anya) running around with over-powered shotguns.
They did. I have Baird (as well as a few others) unlocked. Thankfully I did that before the "real" beta started as Baird is my favorite character.

Why is it that when doing the charge kill w/ the Retro Lancer you sometimes bounce off of your opponent rather than stabbing through them and getting the execution animation?
You have to be fully charged up. I've heard your character will yell and the bar showing how long you've got left to run in the upper right corner will turn red. I've not played since learning of this info so I cannot confirm.

As for the Hammerburst, I'm no fan of iron sights. For now, I prefer the Lancers to it.

huskies13
04-19-2011, 03:15 AM
anyone else get put into a game where its jsut a black room and its a comlete cluter of confusion. Is this a glitch did the developers put that in?

ARCANEVALORE
04-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Dedicated servers my ass... I've lost connection to a host twice, Been demoted both times an it always seems to happen after a match is done before it goes to the stats screen, wtf is this garbage? My internet is fine how am i losing connection...? Gotta say this Beta is pissing me off for more then just that Reason some people don't fucking go down or die!

EDIT: I still have my Consecutive match bonus at 1000 so i shouldn't be losing EXP when i'm not quitting matches... I know it doesn't matter cause it can't be carried over but that's still some bullshit

Agusta1
04-19-2011, 04:00 AM
YouTube - Gears of War 3 Beta - Secret Map Glitch

I think my thread got deleted. But check out this cool bug I managed to quickly get on capture card.

basis
04-19-2011, 04:06 AM

i know some folks have replied that there's a leaked list and it shouldn't be trusted etc.

but i did see 1 medal that required us to kill a player 50 levels above us. this is in the beta itself. so is the medal requirements in the beta to be trusted?

AmyGrrl
04-19-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm not sure I like the multiplayer that much. The Retro Lancer is useless. The weapons don't do enough damage to take someone down. So every just ends up using 1 of the 2 shotguns which kill in one shot. I'm just going to play long enough to unlock the items for the final game.

tripleb2k
04-19-2011, 04:38 AM
I'm not sure I like the multiplayer that much. The Retro Lancer is useless. The weapons don't do enough damage to take someone down. So every just ends up using 1 of the 2 shotguns which kill in one shot. I'm just going to play long enough to unlock the items for the final game.

That's pretty much what I was gonna write. I'll play for all the unlockables but won't put much time past that.

I can't wait for Horde and Beast Mode. That's where I'll put most of my time.

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 04:43 AM
i know some folks have replied that there's a leaked list and it shouldn't be trusted etc.

but i did see 1 medal that required us to kill a player 50 levels above us. this is in the beta itself. so is the medal requirements in the beta to be trusted?

Medals in the beta are in the retail release.

ZedChuva
04-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Eh... spent longer downloading the beta than I did playing. Looks great, plays like Gears, reminds me of just WHY I don't care about MP. Boring boring boring.

Can't wait to play the actual game in September. Woot!

basis
04-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Medals in the beta are in the retail release.

that's what i thought, so that pretty much puts at least the 'kill someone 50 levels above you' as an actual challenge to fulfill.

now whether the game has a prestige mode i'm not sure. otherwise it doesn't make sense, everyone would just be waiting for someone else to to get to a high enough level. or perhaps i'm missing something in the requirements for that medal. and what if you're level 51? no longer possible to get the medal?

Tyger7
04-19-2011, 06:45 AM
How's everyone enjoying Gears 2.5? Looks like they made a few tweaks to multiplayer and threw in some medals and weapon skins.

MiNDmaZing
04-19-2011, 07:54 AM
is it possible to play the beta mp via splitscreen with 2 gold accounts? never tried it out

Mega Mayo Man
04-19-2011, 08:24 AM
How's everyone enjoying Gears 2.5? Looks like they made a few tweaks to multiplayer and threw in some medals and weapon skins.

Win .

Schism
04-19-2011, 10:02 AM

yeah i was actually thinking of getting it. but after playing this for a bit..just seems almost identical to gears2. So im just going to rent gears 3 to finish the story (beat part 1 and 2, good story mode..maybe not so much part 2 but still haha). Hopefully the rest of the beta in the coming weeks can change my mind but right now it seems like a big rent :/

XPL1C1T GAM3R
04-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't know what you're all on about the retro lancer is extremely powerfull you just have to use it like an SMG not an assault rifle. And i don't agree with it being gears 2.5 i think they found a good balance between gears 1 and 2.

Mosizzle313
04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
My rebuttal to the OP:

The sawed off shotgun is definitely worth using. How could you turn down a gun that is an instant kill if you're face to face with someone? I find it to be a big pain in the ass when I get killed by someone that's using it, but it's lack of range offsets its obvious overpowering damage.

As far as why both people die when they shoot one another in a shotty duel, it needs to be a part of the game. Imagine if you were charging up a torque and aimed it at the sniper, but just as you released it, he headshotted you. You had the bow aimed right on him, but because he killed you first you would never find out if that torque bow got him or not. If both players pull the trigger, both players should die. No reason to not have that in the game as frustrating as it may seem to you.

The game is definitely more fast paced than Gears 2, imo. In Gow 2 it felt as though the movements were slower and less fluid, but in GOW 3 everything moves much more smoothly. I was actually very, very relieved that they didn't make it like Gears 2 in that aspect. It's a combination of Gears 2 movements with Gears of 1 speed. It's definitely not a slow paced game though.

Mosizzle313
04-19-2011, 12:17 PM
King of the Hill and Capture the Leader?

Am I dumb or are these gametypes just not out yet? lol i keep reading the little tutorials at the bottom of my screen in between matches that talk about King of the Hill yet I can't play it. Is it not in the beta?

xxbreak
04-19-2011, 01:21 PM

Am I dumb or are these gametypes just not out yet? lol i keep reading the little tutorials at the bottom of my screen in between matches that talk about King of the Hill yet I can't play it. Is it not in the beta?

It is but not yet accessible....http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8118-Gears-of-War-3-Multiplayer-Beta-Schedule-Revealed.html

Lord Montymort
04-19-2011, 01:27 PM

KotH is added in the 3rd week, and CTL is added in the 4th week, which IMO sucks because TDM is boring as hell.

Smashing Impacts
04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I know, I saw that. Someone got a little carried away with locking threads?
No need for hundreds of threads about the beta when there is one stickied. There is an announcement saying to post in here and this thread itself before you even hit the new threads so there is no excuse to post a new thread! :)

They will be released within the beta, just not yet. I posted the dates when everything will become available on page 2. TDM is a new game mode so that is why it is the only one available at the moment.

Touch
04-19-2011, 02:12 PM
did you know that this game has host migration? i didnt, just happened but it reset the game back at 15 lives each.

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 02:21 PM
No need for hundreds of threads about the beta when there is one stickied. There is an announcement saying to post in here and this thread itself before you even hit the new threads so there is no excuse to post a new thread! :)

Oh, I know. It is fine. It was just funny coming back here later in the evening and seeing almost the entire first page locked. :p

EMP
04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Also to be honest, I really dont think I will be playing it long, ive played for about 2 hours and I honestly dont care if I play again. Its not really THAT fun.

After all that is your opinion..

Elit3Ski11s
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
2 Questions:

1. So if i borrow the Bulletstorm Epic Edition Disk, can i use my April 25th beta code to play? Or does it need the stupid online pass?

2. If i put my profile on my friends console, and play for one match to get the flaming hammerburst, will it mess up my april 25th code? I say that because the beta stats will see me on his, and then when i bring my profile over the save wont be there. So i guess the question is, does it save the unlock to my gamertag or the console?

Thanks

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 02:58 PM
2 Questions:

1. So if i borrow the Bulletstorm Epic Edition Disk, can i use my April 25th beta code to play? Or does it need the stupid online pass?

2. If i put my profile on my friends console, and play for one match to get the flaming hammerburst, will it mess up my april 25th code? I say that because the beta stats will see me on his, and then when i bring my profile over the save wont be there. So i guess the question is, does it save the unlock to my gamertag or the console?

Thanks

1. Bulletstorm Epic Edition comes with a one-time use code that unlocks the Epic Edition extras along with the Gears 3 Beta. So, no you cannot use the disk with a code that is for April 25th. You need a new version of the Epic Edition or find a friend who did not use the code.

3. You can't access the Beta with different gamertags, as far as I know. Epic has said that anyone who has accessed the Beta without having obtained a code properly will be banned from the Beta and from Gears 3.

Elit3Ski11s
04-19-2011, 03:04 PM
1. Bulletstorm Epic Edition comes with a one-time use code that unlocks the Epic Edition extras along with the Gears 3 Beta. So, no you cannot use the disk with a code that is for April 25th. You need a new version of the Epic Edition or find a friend who did not use the code.

3. You can't access the Beta with different gamertags, as far as I know. Epic has said that anyone who has accessed the Beta without having obtained a code properly will be banned from the Beta and from Gears 3.

So, i know of someone with the Epic and an un-used code. So if i take his code and borrow a copy would it still mess up my 25th one? i can only borrow for the weekend. So i would be installing 2 different codes.

So im assuimg there is no split screen on the beta?

thanks for the quick reply

Touch
04-19-2011, 03:38 PM
no spiltscreen in beta only full game

Smashing Impacts
04-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh, I know. It is fine. It was just funny coming back here later in the evening and seeing almost the entire first page locked. :P
Ha, nothing new! It tends to happen when a new game comes out and people just bypass all of the proper threads and post a new one!

Pearson
04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
After playing a few matches, I am reminded of how I really never gotten into the multi-player aspect of Gears, just the campaign. Hopefully the more that I play the Beta it'll change my opinion of MP.

EDIT: Nope still hate it. The weapons are the most unbalanced weapons that I ever seen in any multi-player game. No matter how much that you implore Epic to balance them, they don't. After the Beta is over, it'll be the last time that I play a MP match in Gears. The shotguns is what make this game unbalanced and boring.

xhunterrrr
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
So, i know of someone with the Epic and an un-used code. So if i take his code and borrow a copy would it still mess up my 25th one? i can only borrow for the weekend. So i would be installing 2 different codes.

So im assuimg there is no split screen on the beta?

thanks for the quick reply

I think using two codes would be fine. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

As for split screen, there is none in the Beta.

ConfusedGeek
04-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Ha, nothing new! It tends to happen when a new game comes out and people just bypass all of the proper threads and post a new one!

No it's just stupid to think that a game, even a beta, should be discussed in one thread and one thread only.

Why not have one thread for an entire game then all the time?

What they should of done is treat it like a dlc and made a sub forum.

ConfusedGeek
04-19-2011, 05:15 PM
did you know that this game has host migration? i didnt, just happened but it reset the game back at 15 lives each.

Remember this is a test and maybe they are testing this too.

I think, that when the dedicated servers are down, your are playing p2p and this is when you get host migration.

Touch
04-19-2011, 05:38 PM
but restarting the round at 15 all is silly. it was 6 lives to 1 for my team. i hope it restarts as it was before the host left

Smashing Impacts
04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
No it's just stupid to think that a game, even a beta, should be discussed in one thread and one thread only.

Why not have one thread for an entire game then all the time?

What they should of done is treat it like a dlc and made a sub forum.
But this is just for a very small aspect of the game. Makes sense to me to keep it all in one thread than unnecessary threads clogging up the whole forum about the same thing. This thread is for opinions/bugs/glitches on the beta.

francisp
04-19-2011, 06:18 PM

there is no double barrel shotgun its a sawed off. thats why it takes so long...but i hate the range on it anyways. To me active reload is fine. Only complaints i have is one team being low ranking and other having all high ranks.

pistols didnt seem to change much nor the gnasher but i dont care for the zoom for the longshot now

Sgt Hartman 87
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
After playing a few matches, I am reminded of how I really never gotten into the multi-player aspect of Gears, just the campaign. Hopefully the more that I play the Beta it'll change my opinion of MP.

EDIT: Nope still hate it. The weapons are the most unbalanced weapons that I ever seen in any multi-player game. No matter how much that you implore Epic to balance them, they don't. After the Beta is over, it'll be the last time that I play a MP match in Gears. The shotguns is what make this game unbalanced and boring.

Exactly my thoughts, gnasher is soooooooooo overused and overpowered. I consistantly get downed or killed with 1 or 2 shots from a multitude of distances. But i know epic wont fix it, it was the same with the first two games with the shotgun, all they did in this one was add another!!! Another thing i dislike is the weapon spawns, I think they should be rotated and spawns change. This would stop the mad rush at the beginning, and people who CONSTANTLY whore the power weapons...

Lord Montymort
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Is anyone else finding it impossible to get into games today, I have been trying to find games for about an hour now and it just keeps telling me that "no suitable matches could be found", what the hell?

Pearson
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
It's funny how it's one shot one kill with the shotguns for everyone else but me. So unbalanced.

Mega Mayo Man
04-19-2011, 06:24 PM
It's funny how it's one shot one kill with the shotguns for everyone else but me. So unbalanced.

I feel the same man, but I'm sure hundreds of others do too. I'm off to flame the sawed off on the official beta forum

Hot Juicy Pie
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Is KotH in the beta yet? deathmatch is the only playlist i see but ive seen people using the character unlocked by playing other modes

Pearson
04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Is KotH in the beta yet? deathmatch is the only playlist i see but ive seen people using the character unlocked by playing other modesI think someone said that in the very beginning of the beta it had to do with the date. The beta thought that it was the week of April 25th and not the week of the 18th so things that weren't supposed to be available were. It's fixed now.

ODST Kayne
04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Is KotH in the beta yet? deathmatch is the only playlist i see but ive seen people using the character unlocked by playing other modes

I noticed that too. Maybe that preview weekend had it available?

JohnnyR74
04-19-2011, 06:43 PM

Not until May 2nd. If they have a KOTH character, they probably had the VIP Code which let them have access to things the Bulletstorm owners don't.

Pearson
04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I feel the same man, but I'm sure hundreds of others do too. I'm off to flame the sawed off on the official beta forum I hope they will listen this time around and not just add something to try and even things out.

Mega Mayo Man
Or maybe people have said this 20 times in the previous pages?

Opiate42
Exactly my thoughts, gnasher is soooooooooo overused and overpowered. I consistantly get downed or killed with 1 or 2 shots from a multitude of distances. But i know epic wont fix it,

Shrug, not a huge MP guy anyhow so this is okay but nothing to play for hours on end. Waiting for beast and horde.

That gnasher. Yah. I have to 100% agree.

At first it's fun seeing everyone running mad for the new weapons and power ups in the middle of the maps. Seeing that burrowing grenade was fun, until it hit me LOL!!

But as the game goes on, more gnasher. Then even more gnasher. Then by the end EVERYONE is using a gnasher and you're boned if you don't. New weapons? Fuck 'em. The gnasher-fest took all the fun out of it pretty quick.

It was fun to try out the new weapons, but you don't stand a chance if you don't use the gnasher.

The old school Lancer was interesting, wish it had iron sights like the revised hammerburst. The firing recoil is awful too, it's completely inaccurate and jumps everywhere even firing in short bursts. But that melee charge, I managed to pull it off once and it was fun. But seemed to be hard to get a hit with it. Several times steering straight at a guy and somehow go THUNK into the wall beside him or something.

Never go to try the burrowing grenade, someone always beat me to it and I was on the receiving end quite a few times.

EDIT: I too had a good chuckle at the immensity of locked threads on the first page. That's quite funny.

Sgt Hartman 87
04-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Shrug, not a huge MP guy anyhow so this is okay but nothing to play for hours on end. Waiting for beast and horde.

That gnasher. Yah. I have to 100% agree.

At first it's fun seeing everyone running mad for the new weapons and power ups in the middle of the maps. Seeing that burrowing grenade was fun, until it hit me LOL!!

But as the game goes on, more gnasher. Then even more gnasher. Then by the end EVERYONE is using a gnasher and you're boned if you don't. New weapons? Fuck 'em. The gnasher-fest took all the fun out of it pretty quick.

It was fun to try out the new weapons, but you don't stand a chance if you don't use the gnasher.

The old school Lancer was interesting, wish it had iron sights like the revised hammerburst. The firing recoil is awful too, it's completely inaccurate and jumps everywhere even firing in short bursts. But that melee charge, I managed to pull it off once and it was fun. But seemed to be hard to get a hit with it. Several times steering straight at a guy and somehow go THUNK into the wall beside him or something.

Never go to try the burrowing grenade, someone always beat me to it and I was on the receiving end quite a few times.

EDIT: I too had a good chuckle at the immensity of locked threads on the first page. That's quite funny.

I know exactly what you're saying, damned if you do damned if you don't. If they drastically reduced the damage on it, say make it a 3 or 4 shot kill then it would be ok in my opinion. Or i read somewhere that they should have "no shotgun" playlists.

Mega Mayo Man
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
No shotgun playlist sounds beautiful man, but no way will that ever happen, up close I think it's fine and should be a one-shotter as it's a scatter shot weapon, however the range on it needs to be decreased or do less damage.

3-5 shots and medium range would suffice for a down, seeing as it takes nearly a whole clip of an assault rifle to equal that amount of damage.

I've signed up to the beta forums to leave feedback on glitches, skins, sound, and gameplay yet I do not have permission to post. How retarded?

And everyone going on about beast mode, is this going to be in the beta? I don't think it will but everyone seems to be on about it making me question myself.
Also, I wish it had a campaign sample :(

Sgt Hartman 87
04-19-2011, 07:00 PM
No shotgun playlist sounds beautiful man, but no way will that ever happen, up close I think it's fine and should be a one-shotter as it's a scatter shot weapon, however the range on it needs to be decreased or do less damage.

3-5 shots and medium range would suffice for a down, seeing as it takes nearly a whole clip of an assault rifle to equal that amount of damage.

I've signed up to the beta forums to leave feedback on glitches, skins, sound, and gameplay yet I do not have permission to post. How retarded?

And everyone going on about beast mode, is this going to be in the beta? I don't think it will but everyone seems to be on about it making me question myself.

EDIT: I don't care about kill death ratios and the like but I must admit the kill stealing is insane!!! I'm not talking about in the heat of battle. I'm talking about when there is nobody else around or I down the last guy on their team and some idiot theives it at the end. Where's the team play!!! If someone else downs the last guy or the area is clear, I let my team mate rightly finish the job.

I feel safe in the knowledge that campaign (4 player), horde and beast mode will be awesome. But something has to give, gears 1 and 2 both had overpowered gnasher, they won't change anything about it. I consistantly get outgunned when using lancer or retro, even the mulcher a couple times.

off topic, love the St georges cross. FLY THE FLAG BROTHER!!!

Pearson
04-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I know exactly what you're saying, damned if you do damned if you don't. If they drastically reduced the damage on it, say make it a 3 or 4 shot kill then it would be ok in my opinion. Or i read somewhere that they should have "no shotgun" playlists.I think that they should have a playlist without shotguns. I'm tired of being over powered by someone with a sawed-off shotty, they run up to me while I'm blasting away on them with my weapon only to be taken out with one shot. Or myself and someone else is slugging it out with gnasher shotty's, but they win out because they're level 17 and I'm a 4. I'm sure glad that CoD isn't this way.

zombieflamingo
04-19-2011, 07:51 PM
So far the only things annoying me are the amount of people that just charge with the sawn off or the retro lancer, not too keen on TDM just too much rushing in for kills and not playing like a team and stupid team members (not really the games fault). Love the way the hammerburst works now not even tried the retro lancer yet and i think im rank 12.
Also is it just me or does everyone seem to work Anya all the time and the normal lancer seems to have so much more bullets.

ODST Kayne
04-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Also is it just me or does everyone seem to work Anya all the time and the normal lancer seems to have so much more bullets.

I'm always Anya too. I'm stuck waiting for CTL to unlock Baird, and anything is better than Marcus/Dom XD

zombieflamingo
04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm always Anya too. I'm stuck waiting for CTL to unlock Baird, and anything is better than Marcus/Dom XD

Same too just waiting form him seeing as we cant get Hoffman in the beta. Just need to play ten matches with the cole train now really not fond of the costume but i want to unlock it because i can

LoKuS773
04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah, all I have been seeing the last few times are ppl just using the sawed off running it and running away if missed. It gets sooo damn annoying especially the one shot down, thats always fun...

*NOTE* I also agree with ppl thinking that only one thread is a bit ridiculous. This is the GOW3 forums and all that is out right now is the beta so what else do you expect ppl to be making threads about.... smh

ConfusedGeek
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
i would rather have playlist with no power weapons, other than nades.

AmyGrrl
04-19-2011, 08:33 PM
The Retro Lancer should have better aim then it does. The Lancer, Retro Lancer & Hammerburst should do more damage, as its almost impossible to take someone down with those weapons. They can get to cover to quickly and run away. People just use the 2 shotguns because its easier to down people and get kills. Shotguns should be moved to a power weapon on the map. I like that the movement is better. At this point. I would rather see them remove multiplayer and just make a really long kick ass campaign. As my previous comment. I'm just playing long enough to unlock the items for the final game.

neok182
04-19-2011, 08:35 PM

where did you hear/see this? my friends gf did this last night, and even though i could care less if she gets banned, i'd like to know if thats true or not.

side note,

anyone else feel that the retro lancer got SERIOUSLY over powered today. I just played a match with everyone using the retro and i was getting 2-3 hit kills by it across the damn map. meanwhile i'm using my regular lancer and doing almost no damage to them.

LOKIkillsALL
04-19-2011, 08:43 PM
The Retro Lancer should have better aim then it does. The Lancer, Retro Lancer & Hammerburst should do more damage, as its almost impossible to take someone down with those weapons. They can get to cover to quickly and run away. People just use the 2 shotguns because its easier to down people and get kills.

I think this has a lot to do with the maps available now. They are small with a lot of tight corners which makes for easy get aways while getting hit at a distance. Most people only use shotties on these 2 maps and for good reason as they are tight fighting spaces. That being said, the sawed-off is almost worthless when you can still kill someone from the same distance with the Gnasher. If I've noticed one thing, it's that the Gnashers ability to down from further away seems to be better than Gears 2 and needs to be adjusted.

J BARNSLEY
04-19-2011, 08:48 PM
I think the MP is simply incredible. I'm a huge gears fan and was wondering how they would approach this game. I still love gears 2 even through its lag and gameplay issues it was still a great game, but they have well and truely ironed the majority of faults out. Just a shame that when the betas gone it will make the wait for this game even longer!! Here's a quick list of my likes and disklikes so far:

Likes: Gnasher is back to it's best! Game speed is spot on, Matchmaking speed and connection, Incendiary grenades are amazing!, digger launcer is a great addition to the weapons, graphics are amazing, the executions are brutal to say the least lol

Dislikes: Ink grenades are useless (seriously they do no damage at all!) hammerburst, still the weapon of choice for idiots with trigger mods . I don't like how your stunned after a mantle kick, it would be fine if it kicked you back and did a little damage but you cant react when stunned its practically the gears twopiece again!

I see a lot of people moaning about the sawed off shotgun and I agree and disagree. I don't think it should be taken out completely it's good to see more choice with the shotguns but I do feel it would be better suited as a pick up weapon rather than a default one. I've seen countless people aimlessly run in a room to get one kill with it to be instanly killed by another player.

Thats about all, simply cant wait for this game!

Smashing Impacts
04-19-2011, 08:59 PM
I think the Retro Lancer's reticule should take longer to become bigger. It expands far too quickly and for an assault rifle, makes it virtually impossible to use as a long ranged weapon.

Agent JFG
04-19-2011, 09:49 PM
I think the Retro Lancer's reticule should take longer to become bigger. It expands far too quickly and for an assault rifle, makes it virtually impossible to use as a long ranged weapon.
I believe its a fair trade-off that balances the weapons. The retro lancer deals major damage up close or even mid range if you burst it. Plus, it comes with an instant kill sprint when you flank someone. I think they are all balanced pretty well. Retro = short range, heavy damage, instant kill sprint / Lancer = short-mid range, average damage, instant kill up close / Hammerburst = short-long range, high rate of fire, no instant kills.

If any of the weapons could do everything everyone would use it as there wouldn't be any strategic advantage to using the others. So far I usually use the hammerburst on Thrashball and the Retro on Checkout.

Burning Karma
04-19-2011, 09:57 PM
I noticed that too. Maybe that preview weekend had it available?

Not until May 2nd. If they have a KOTH character, they probably had the VIP Code which let them have access to things the Bulletstorm owners don't.
Again, yes, all modes and maps were available to those with VIP codes before the "real" beta started.

As far as what's been said, it won't be. Only Team Deathmatch, Capture the Leader, and King of the Hill are going to be in it.

Chuppernicus
04-19-2011, 10:09 PM

You can have a 2nd tag and play the Beta. My friend tried it and it worked. It may be because it's already on his hard drive? We were trying to figure out a way to allow me to play the Beta if I borrowed the Bulletstorm disk from one of my students. I may have to wait until the 25th.

spikedzombies
04-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Now i know why I hate this damn game soo much

poheroe
04-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I have play the game and so far nothing great, having a hard time to find out who is who since the maps design color are not that great, I am a great Gears fan I am hoping to get into it since the only 2 maps right now are not that great.people will hate me and i know is just a Beta but feels like gow 2 2.0. except for some weapons that are not a great chnage to the multiplayer game and slowly reload is the same thing.

Clericking
04-20-2011, 01:27 AM
I like the beta the the speed up gameplay seems to suit me more as a player doing better on the beta at blind fireing than i ever did in gears two howerever there are some mayjor issues in it
for one i think the sawn off need to be made a pick up weapon as someon carrying negates the shotgun duels that gears is all about second is spawn invincebilty needs to be reinstated especially apparent in maps like thrashball were you wan walk out of the spawn room and be downed.speared.mortered pretty much instantly third and biggest problem...... retro lancer i notice alot of people saying its shit they are stupid it is the most game breaking weapon i have come across since the mp40 in CoD:WaW it pretty much makes the gnasher obselete in maps like checkout the charge on it is also stupid even if your not killed instanly and just take damage one blind fire bullet gets you down its frustrating how unfairly it is used it seems its inclusion makes the hammerburst obselete witch has no powerful melee or instant stopping power and a smaller mag .... bitch over the is a video on Epics forums of how devestating it is but cant seem to find it again

neok182
04-20-2011, 02:04 AM
wow, i got banned from epic forums for simply asking if the bulletstorm 2nd account glitch gets you banned from the beta.

just wow.

Oogie Boogie
04-20-2011, 02:08 AM
I don't see a problem with the sawed off shotgun, in fact i would be happy if it stayed how it is now.
The sawed off is a win or lose situation you either kill the person or get killed for missing your one shot.
The reload Time on the gun is perfect because its an extremely strong gun that can take multiple people out.

Oogie Boogie
04-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Anyone notice how in Checkout you can hear the Gears theme playing in a shopping mall type of way.

Shivettez
04-20-2011, 02:48 AM
so glad i got bullststorm

ConfusedGeek
04-20-2011, 03:12 AM
wow, i got banned from epic forums for simply asking if the bulletstorm 2nd account glitch gets you banned from the beta.

just wow.

yeah they are trigger happy over there. i got banned for defending myself froma charge of troll.

what did i do to get this charge?

posted majornelson list of top games. it just happen to show gow2 falling.

Toathy
04-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Well after playing 120 games and having 1300 kills I have formed an opinion on this game.

Its Great!

Rifle

Lancer: not enough damage.(makes up for it with no recoil)
Retro Lance: Too much recoil.(makes up for it with power)
Hammerburst: Not very useful.(The :rs: sights are nice touch though)

The Shotguns

Gnasher: My weapon of choice(500+kills) Great power distance and accuracy.
Sawed Off: I have not used this one as much but I do enjoy it.
It is good only at close range. more then 5 feet and its pretty much useless. ( Over used )

Pistols

Snub pistol: Not much to say it does its job.
Revolver: Deadly accuray with deadly power.
Gorgon Pistol: Love the fact that it is now full auto.

The digger is an amazing gun!

The dedicated servers are a nice touch. I do not like the P2P servers though. Too many people rage quit!

Tip: Take a break if you get mad.

I love this game and you guys should too.

In summary. All games have there flaws. But do keep in mind that this is a beta. They are tracking every tid-bit of info they can get there hands on.

So I believe the final version will be amazing!

If anyone wants to play Inv: xl UBETARUN lx

I am trying to break top 1000. currently at 2245.

OH YEAH! Checkout is an amazingly fun map.

Extra bit of info:
On trashball look at the scoreboard and it will give you the games score.

Pearson
04-20-2011, 04:12 AM
My opinion of the MP aspect of Gears has eased a bit, but it still hasn't won me over. The shotty's are still massively over-powering, the automatic weapons are weak and the handcannons I used once and were pretty decent. I'll keep on playing until I reach the 60 match mark to keep the Blitzball Cole and unlock all of the flaming skins for the weapons. After the retail release of 3, I may visit the MP aspect again because everything will be available i.e. maps and game types. Until then I'll be playing a lot of Horde mode and the Campaign.

McGoogles
04-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Hammerburst: Not very useful.(The :rs: sights are nice touch though)
Extra bit of info:
On trashball look at the scoreboard and it will give you the games score.

Nice find on the Thrashball map, I never noticed.

However, I disagree with your statement about the Hammerburst and how it's not very useful. Personally, I find it my go-to weapon to down people from any range. It's effective for me as I can spam the RT at a fast rate and it downs enemies fairly quickly and allows me to grt the kill. It also stops enemies that charge with the retro lancer towards you and enemies with sawn-off shotguns who rush you.

I'll never use the Retro Lancer or Lancer, unless there's an achievement regarding the weapon(s).

RayPaja
04-20-2011, 04:19 AM
good to know that the double barrel shotty sucks so when i get on the beta i stay away from it anyother weapons that aren't good?

McGoogles
04-20-2011, 04:28 AM
good to know that the double barrel shotty sucks so when i get on the beta i stay away from it anyother weapons that aren't good?

Gorgon pistol isn't very powerful nor are the Incendiary grenades. The lancer is pretty weak but is equaled out with its lack of recoil.

FlyBoy120586
04-20-2011, 05:24 AM
I like the beta. The the sped up gameplay seems to suit me more as a player. I am doing better in the beta at blind firing more than I ever did in Gears two. However, there are some major issues in it.
For one I think the Sawn-off needs to be made a pick-up weapon as someone carrying it negates the shotgun duels that Gears is all about. Secondly the spawn invincibility needs to be reinstated. It is especially apparent in maps like Thrashball where you can walk out of the spawn room and be downed, speared, or mortared pretty much instantly. The third and biggest problem is the retro lancer. I notice a lot of people saying it is shit. They are stupid. It is the most game breaking weapon I have come across since the MP40 in CoD:WaW. It pretty much makes the Gnasher obsolete in maps like Checkout. The charge on it is also stupid; even if you're not killed instantly and just take damage, one blind fire bullet gets you down. It's frustrating how unfairly it is used and it seems its inclusion makes the Hammerburst (which has no powerful melee or instant stopping power and a smaller mag) obsolete. [unnecessary words] There is a video on Epic's forums of how devastating it is but I can't seem to find it again

There, I fixed it for you.
Hopefully that makes it easier to read for everyone else who is not you.

XDG Irish Dude
04-20-2011, 05:59 AM
i see stats and awards-weapon skins.

there no flame gnasher on that list

so i went options-multiplayer-gnasher-skins

i see gnasher flame locked.

soo how to get gnasher flame??

Schism
04-20-2011, 06:16 AM
I don't know what you're all on about the retro lancer is extremely powerfull you just have to use it like an SMG not an assault rifle. And i don't agree with it being gears 2.5 i think they found a good balance between gears 1 and 2.

my biggest beef is that unlike the lancer, it jumps up. I dont understand why but when firing the regular lancer it stays still..but the retro jumps and moves around. yet the lancer has a chainsaw...and the retro just has a bayonet.

Perxxxxx
04-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Guys. I need some serious help. Please. I have already posted, but it didn't get a response. So I have to try again, because I NEED this beta.

I have the 250GB Xbox 360. I also have the Bulletstorm Epic Edition. When I select the option 'Gears of War 3 MP Beta', my Xbox temporarily crashes. The screen goes black, and I can hear a sound like the disc is jumping. The disc is NOT faulty, I can guarantee this, as this problem sometimes occurs with 'some' other games. Just not to this extent.

However, I don't need to turn off the console to get rid of this screen. I just need to open the disc tray. From this I am greeted with a message 'The game could not start'.

I have tried this on TWO consoles now, one of them brand new, as of yesterday. Microsoft have told me to contact my internet service provider (which I have), but they won't help me as 'they don't deal with problems like this'.

I have tried absolutely everything that I know of to try, to fix this issue. System resets, cache clearing, using a memory unit instead of HDD. I just don't know what else to think. It can't possibly be a hardware fault because I've already eliminated that possibility. If the issue is anything to do with my router, why would it crash my Xbox? Surely I'd just be prompted to test Xbox Live connection (or something along those lines). It just doesn't make sense to me.

Please if anyone can help me, it'd be greatly appreciated. :(

Aiden 514
04-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Is it just me or sometimes does the bayonet charge just hit them and not spear them it's quite annoying as I then recieve a shotgun shell to my face :(

AmyGrrl
04-20-2011, 10:21 AM
I finally unlocked the gold retro lancer... unlocked cole and the 2 flame weapons... I'm happy I don't have to play again until week 3 to unlock the 3rd flame weapon..

Mr Plow
04-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Has anyone seen the glich I call the tea-hump? It has to the the last kill of the game, and the person will hold Y and will rip off an arm or start punch and end the motion early. They then start running in a crouch position over their enemy body. I rofl every time I see it.

Flinty1234
04-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Little question.

I understand the bulletstorm users have a earlier beta. But ive just received my pre-order code for the beta. Wondering wether it will work now or i shall have to wait until 25th when everyone else recieves there codes...

Aiden 514
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
I finally unlocked the gold retro lancer... unlocked cole and the 2 flame weapons... I'm happy I don't have to play again until week 3 to unlock the 3rd flame weapon..

have i missed a flame weapon or something because all i have is the hammerburst.

xhunterrrr
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Little question.

I understand the bulletstorm users have a earlier beta. But ive just received my pre-order code for the beta. Wondering wether it will work now or i shall have to wait until 25th when everyone else recieves there codes...

You will have to wait.

have i missed a flame weapon or something because all i have is the hammerburst.

The Flaming Lancer was unlocking early for a couple hours because of an error on Epic's part.

Mega Mayo Man
04-20-2011, 02:57 PM
or you could try by entering the code like any other sane person would do before posting about it

Pearson
04-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I swear to God I always get teamed up with idiots. I just got finished with a match where both times we had the Cog down to their final lives while we had 6 or 7 respawns left and still lost. I'm really trying hard to like Gears multi-player, but when you get teamed up with people who don't want to play as a team and the unbalanced weapons makes it really hard to like it. If it weren't for the free stuff, I'd quit playing it.

Flinty1234
04-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Ever thought that im at work? Could be why i'd ask before hand? Just wondered if anyone else had this.

Opiate42
04-20-2011, 03:13 PM
I swear to God I always get teamed up with idiots. I just got finished with a match where both times we had the Cog down to their final lives while we had 6 or 7 respawns left and still lost. I'm really trying hard to like Gears multi-player, but when you get teamed up with people who don't want to play as a team and the unbalanced weapons makes it really hard to like it. If it weren't for the free stuff, I'd quit playing it.

You know I'm not sure this is entirely being teamed with idiots (though yah I know that doesn't help! Could've been just bots on your team...). I've noticed this happening in quite a few games too, been on both sides of that one. It's almost like the losing team gets an HP boost or damage boost once they're on their last chance.

Being on the winning side, pounding the hell out of someone from behind with the lancer and they're not going down, they spin, fire a few rounds from whatever gun, shotty or AR, and I go down instead.

Then visa versa on the losing side, I've taken a beating and spun to dish on someone with the lancer or hammerburst and it seems they go down easier.

That's had me scratching my head a bit. If that's actually the case it may make for a more interesting game in theory, but in practice am finding it wholly unwelcome.

Pearson
04-20-2011, 03:35 PM
You know I'm not sure this is entirely being teamed with idiots (though yah I know that doesn't help! Could've been just bots on your team...). I've noticed this happening in quite a few games too, been on both sides of that one. It's almost like the losing team gets an HP boost or damage boost once they're on their last chance.

Being on the winning side, pounding the hell out of someone from behind with the lancer and they're not going down, they spin, fire a few rounds from whatever gun, shotty or AR, and I go down instead.

Then visa versa on the losing side, I've taken a beating and spun to dish on someone with the lancer or hammerburst and it seems they go down easier.

That's had me scratching my head a bit. If that's actually the case it may make for a more interesting game in theory, but in practice am finding it wholly unwelcome.I didn't know about the bots, but I've heard that if someone is charging with the retro lancer the hammerburst is supposed to stop that, well it hasn't worked for me yet. I don't shoot from the sights, but from the hip. Another thing that has me puzzeled is why the opponents weapons are able to kill me at a distance but mine aren't? You don't know how many times that I have been owned by a shotty from across the map! Will it work for me? No! I hate the unbalanceness of this game!

tripleb2k
04-20-2011, 03:49 PM
the Retro Lancer is the strangest weapon I've ever used in Gears. People seem to down me in a few shots. Meanwhile I use it and can't get anyone. It's not till the person is really close I can actually get them downed.
I've tried to burst fire and hold down the trigger. Neither seem to work. I just don't understand that weapon. Everyone else seems to rock it, I can't for the life of me.

guess I need to stick with Shotguns of War. that's the only weapon that works (sadly)

CRAPYKAUH
04-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Guys. I need some serious help. Please. I have already posted, but it didn't get a response. So I have to try again, because I NEED this beta.

I have the 250GB Xbox 360. I also have the Bulletstorm Epic Edition. When I select the option 'Gears of War 3 MP Beta', my Xbox temporarily crashes. The screen goes black, and I can hear a sound like the disc is jumping. The disc is NOT faulty, I can guarantee this, as this problem sometimes occurs with 'some' other games. Just not to this extent.

However, I don't need to turn off the console to get rid of this screen. I just need to open the disc tray. From this I am greeted with a message 'The game could not start'.

I have tried this on TWO consoles now, one of them brand new, as of yesterday. Microsoft have told me to contact my internet service provider (which I have), but they won't help me as 'they don't deal with problems like this'.

I have tried absolutely everything that I know of to try, to fix this issue. System resets, cache clearing, using a memory unit instead of HDD. I just don't know what else to think. It can't possibly be a hardware fault because I've already eliminated that possibility. If the issue is anything to do with my router, why would it crash my Xbox? Surely I'd just be prompted to test Xbox Live connection (or something along those lines). It just doesn't make sense to me.

Please if anyone can help me, it'd be greatly appreciated. :(I know this probably won't help but, have you installed Bulletstorm to your HDD? If you have, try deleting it. If you haven't, try installing it.

the Retro Lancer is the strangest weapon I've ever used in Gears. People seem to down me in a few shots. Meanwhile I use it and can't get anyone. It's not till the person is really close I can actually get them downed.
I've tried to burst fire and hold down the trigger. Neither seem to work. I just don't understand that weapon. Everyone else seems to rock it, I can't for the life of me.

guess I need to stick with Shotguns of War. that's the only weapon that works (sadly) I've found that the Retro seems to work more efficiently by firing at an opponents legs, due to the bullets kicking up as you shoot. Any time I aim at the chest area (the normal area to aim at in gears), it seems to miss a lot more than when I aim at their lower body.

Pearson
04-20-2011, 03:57 PM
All I know is when I should have about 8 kills in a game, I average about only 4. This is sad compared to CoD where I average 15 to 25 kills a game. I know that CoD has it's W.T.F moments, but not like Gears has. Other than Campaign and Horde, I don't know how anyone can call this game fun to play. Maybe it's because I'm no good at Gears and decent at CoD I don't know, but what I do know is; Epic needs to balance out the weapons more.

CRAPYKAUH
04-20-2011, 04:28 PM
All I know is when I should have about 8 kills in a game, I average about only 4. This is sad compared to CoD where I average 15 to 25 kills a game. I know that CoD has it's W.T.F moments, but not like Gears has. Other than Campaign and Horde, I don't know how anyone can call this game fun to play. Maybe it's because I'm no good at Gears and decent at CoD I don't know, but what I do know is; Epic needs to balance out the weapons more.My only issue with balance currently is the Sawed off. I know alot of people don't seem aggrivated by it right now, but imagine how terrible it's going to be in a game without respawns?! E-Gads!

A lot of times in gears, it may feel like you're getting the short end of the stick, but when you play more you just realize you just haven't polished your skills enough yet. The skill gap in this game has a very nice range, and (barring the P2P games) the fact that there is no lag makes it feel all the more natural. Still, there will be some people that just don't enjoy gears. And I get that. You may just be one of those people.

Lollin
04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
I have two montages up all thanks to this amazing game. I think I have some fairly sick clips hehe

Day 2: YouTube - Gears of War 3 BETA Montage Day 2 - Lollin [HD]
Day 1: YouTube - Gears of War 3 BETA Montage Day 1 - Lollin [HD]

Would appreciate some comments/likes/subs, etc. Thanks everyone, especially Epic for such a sweet game. :)

darkstormyrain
04-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Anyone want to post a link to a tutorial or give me some tips? This is my first time playing Gears and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Communication is a real big part of the game and honestly in most of the random teams I have been on its either no talkin at all not even helpin by watchin your teams back from the ghost cam or its people complaining about others stealing kills..

Hit me up sometime, my gamertag is darkstormyrain (http://raptr.com/darkstormyrain) always love to meet new peolpe

I'm just gettn back into the grove of the game so I still kinda suck.. I uploaded 2 videos on day 1. First video was like my third team and not a single person talked not even a yo great job. 2nd video was with some long time friends, I would have put the party chat so you could hear us plan everything and letting each other know whats goin on in their part but our language.. yeah

Gears of War 3 Beta Game Play 1st Hour It Was Up!

Gears of War 3 Beta Game Play Day 1 - 2nd video

Everyone feel free to hit me up to play or talk or whatever. GT darkstormyrain

ConfusedGeek
04-20-2011, 05:08 PM

guess I need to stick with Shotguns of War. that's the only weapon that works (sadly)

yeah, once i get 100 i may never use this gun again.

dont hold down the trigger or learn how to pull the gun down to compensate. I seem to be using the latter more.

Merciful Fate
04-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Either nerf the sawed-off's damage or nerf the accuracy of the damn thing more than it already is.

darkstormyrain
04-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Does anyone here or know anyone that is having trouble keeping Cole Train set as the default COG? Its making getting those 10 plays on him for the challenge/retail unlock virtually impossible for me. I was only planning on this being a private video but I figure I would ask around and attempt to submit this as part of my demo feedback for the developers.

Here is the video I just recorded on my situation.
I swear I added anotations to this entire video but not showing up yet I will lookinto that

GT - darkstormyrain (http://raptr.com/darkstormyrain) / Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/darkstormyrain)

JDMBO1
04-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I like the Gears 3 beta but don't get me wrong it isn't perfect or anything at all. I've got Cole Train and the Golden Retro Lancer for retail, within two days might I add, and after which I just felt like I couldn't enjoy the beta past this. Within those two day I experienced what might seem like a months worth of play. I've been through games with abusive lag, shotgun abusive people, people kill stealing, and people that seem to team up on one person. While I may be giving all these complaints it's good it's just there are somethings that make me feel like I've played all the beta has to offer. In retrospect the Retro Lancer is inaccurate but over powered, the Hammerbust is over powered and extremely accurate, the Lancer is good but a bit to underpowered, and the sawed-off shotgun is just so abusively overused. I do like the feature they add with medals and ribbons though but that's all I have to say

Opiate42
04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
I didn't know about the bots, but I've heard that if someone is charging with the retro lancer the hammerburst is supposed to stop that, well it hasn't worked for me yet. I don't shoot from the sights, but from the hip. Another thing that has me puzzeled is why the opponents weapons are able to kill me at a distance but mine aren't? You don't know how many times that I have been owned by a shotty from across the map! Will it work for me? No! I hate the unbalanceness of this game!

Yah, if it's 4 on 3 in a lobby they'll fill the vacancies with bots until more players get routed in. The bots are idiots, they like to charge off and die. One game it was just me, a bud and 3 bots. We only died a couple times each, but we lost like 10-0 because the bots are just fodder.

Totally agree, I've been cross-map owned by the gnasher a few times and yet in close quarters when using it myself the bastards aren't going down.

More head scratching and why I like campaign and co-op modes better in pretty much any game :p

Sgt Hartman 87
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Gnasher clips are not immpressive in any way shape or form. The gun seriously needs nerfing. It gets very boring dying by the same gun over and over and over again.

tripleb2k
04-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Either nerf the sawed-off's damage or nerf the accuracy of the damn thing more than it already is.

agreed. I'm not gonna play competitive MP if this gun is the way it is. complete bullshit. since 90% of the gunfights are up close (cover system won't allow for anything else), the shotguns are the only option.

I just saw 1 guy take out 5 of us with a sawed off. I was first in and made the mistake, than the rest of my team followed. maybe I was playing with idiots and all, but that's ridiculous.

Burning Karma
04-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Is it just me or sometimes does the bayonet charge just hit them and not spear them it's quite annoying as I then recieve a shotgun shell to my face :(
You have to be fully "charged". You'll know it's good to go when 1) the bar in the upper right corner of the screen turns red and 2) your character lets out a yell (sometimes doesn't happen).

Don't get so close to them then. It has terrible range. Seriously. I bounce between both shotguns, and I get plenty of kills with them. But I also use my rifles and get many kills with them as well.

(Not saying any weapons are overpowered.) Does anyone else think the frags need to be turned up a notch or two? They don't seem as effective as in Gears 2.

MR. RAiDER 702
04-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Talk about a very divided crowd; with half of the people downright hating the beta and bitching about every weapon being overpowered, than the other half actually enjoying the beta for what it is, you know, not the real shipped game.

For example...

I think some of you complaining don't play Gears often, if at all, to whine about it being, "A shotgun whore fest"

When Gears multiplayer has always been about the Shotguns. They're your Primary, go-to weapon for close combat. Because, Gears of War is a close combat type of game. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

tripleb2k
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
we're gonna need a Beta Bitching Thread soon.

MR. RAiDER 702
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
we're gonna need a Beta Bitching Thread soon.

You couldn't be more right sir. Though in a due fairness, the Gears 3 Beta is getting as much complaints as Gears 2 in its entirety. So it's to be expected, and will definately continue over when the actual game gets shipped in September.

Gnasher clips are not immpressive. The gun seriously needs nerfing. It gets very boring dying by the same gun over and over again.

It says on Xbox Live that you haven't played Gears 1 or 2, your opinion fails.

Don't get so close to them then. It has terrible range. Seriously.

I agree 100% to this about people on the receiving end of the Sawed Off Shotgun. Almost every gun (save Retro Lancer, in my time playing) can beat this matchup for range. Jump back, whip out the regular Lancer or Hammerburst people, and watch how fast they fall. The Gnasher can even work around it.

Failing that guys, try to dodge a shot from them. It sounds a little silly, yeah. And it doesn't always work to manuever away, but if you can get them to waste a bullet, then they're insanely long reload leaves them wide open.

A lot of times in gears, it may feel like you're getting the short end of the stick, but when you play more you just realize you just haven't polished your skills enough yet.

Agreed.

DTF INFERNO
04-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Question for people accessing through Bulletstorm:

Can I simply go borrow my friend's Bulletstorm, download the beta to my xbox, then give him the game back? Or is it a 1 beta access per game kinda thing?

xhunterrrr
04-20-2011, 11:38 PM
You couldn't be more right sir. Though in a due fairness, the Gears 3 Beta is getting as much complaints as Gears 2 in its entirety. So it's to be expected, and will definately continue over when the actual game gets shipped in September.

The complaints were about the retail release of Gears 2. THIS IS A BETA. NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT. Expect Epic to listen to complaints and fix things as they feel necessary.

DFizzle720
04-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Question for people accessing through Bulletstorm:

Can I simply go borrow my friend's Bulletstorm, download the beta to my xbox, then give him the game back? Or is it a 1 beta access per game kinda thing?
Bulletstorm EE came with a code to download the bonus content and beta access. To play the beta you need both the Bulletstorm disc (to launch the beta from the menu) and an unused EE code. You would also need to keep the Bulletstorm disc since you can only access the beta from the Bulletstorm menu.

Danny Dibo
04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
I can't believe that three games into the series, some of you are still bitchin about people using the shotguns. It can be one of only 3 things.

1. You have NEVER played multiplayer on the first two.
2. You just like to bitch about things.
3. You just flatout suck at this game. If your constantly being killed over and over again, maybe its time to switch up your strategy ??

tripleb2k
04-21-2011, 12:45 AM
The complaints were about the retail release of Gears 2. THIS IS A BETA. NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT. Expect Epic to listen to complaints and fix things as they feel necessary.

I really hope so. As I've mentioned above, I'll stick to Beast and Horde Modes if the MP isn't what I hope and Epic keeps its fairly similar. After all, it's just me bitching about it if I don't like it, I won't play it.

Aiden 514
04-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Can not remember who asked what the number 1 next to the name meant so here's what gearsviking put on twitter

GearsViking (http://twitter.com/GearsViking)

Since I'm here - the large number 1 next to the names in the Ranked pre-game lobby is just an incorrect icon. It means "in Xbox Party Chat"

Merciful Fate
04-21-2011, 01:50 AM
I wasn't bitching... I just said I think they need to nerf the sawed-off. Never once said OMG TEH SAWED OFF IS SO OPED. I just want it nerfed that's all. And I actually like the beta, a hell of a lot more than Gears 1 and 2. Can't wait for the game.

Pearson
04-21-2011, 02:51 AM
My only issue with balance currently is the Sawed off. I know alot of people don't seem aggrivated by it right now, but imagine how terrible it's going to be in a game without respawns?! E-Gads!

A lot of times in gears, it may feel like you're getting the short end of the stick, but when you play more you just realize you just haven't polished your skills enough yet. The skill gap in this game has a very nice range, and (barring the P2P games) the fact that there is no lag makes it feel all the more natural. Still, there will be some people that just don't enjoy gears. And I get that. You may just be one of those people.Don't get me wrong I love Gears, I'm just tired of getting owned by the same weapon the entire game or me not being able to do to others that they do to me. Maybe as the other game types come out and I play them, I might enjoy the MP aspect of this game a lot more.

More head scratching and why I like campaign and co-op modes better in pretty much any game :pI'm with you on that one Opiate, the headscratching and liking the Gears campaign and co-op modes. On a side note, I was in a match with Mass Domination the other day. He's another member on the boards here.

KillerChris8814
04-21-2011, 03:04 AM
My only real issue involving the beta is the amount of damage dealt is so inconsistant. I get shot once with either shotgun and I'm dead, okay I just got shot in the face with a shotgun from a foot away I should be dead. But then I shot someone in the face 3 or 4 times with the gnasher and they don't die or even get bothered by it, the shoot me once with a lancer I know it was once because they turned shot one bullet and started auto reloading because they were empty, and I die and I just spawned so it's not like I was hurt.

CaptainMurphy77
04-21-2011, 03:28 AM
So far, for me, the beta is hit or miss. It's Gears so that's cool but then everyone and their mother uses the piss out of the SoS and Gnasher, which gets a bit annoying. Also, the Retro Lancer is just a tad too jumpy. On the flipside, it took me until now to figure out how to use the Gnasher effectively and now that I have, it seems to be my go-to gun. Everytime I get angry about one thing, something else happens to make me want the retail version even more. For instance, about 5 min. ago I was having a horrible losing streak (not uncommon for me as I suck at most mp games). Then, the game spawns me in the enemy spawn point with my teammates pinning the ENTIRE enemy team in the spawn WITH ME. Needless to say, I broke out the Gnasher and wiped out 5 of 'em. Got my Quad and Quinn ribbons. Granted it was probably a fluke, but still cool. Anyway, just had to share that. Thanks for listening guys!!

Hot Juicy Pie
04-21-2011, 04:29 AM
I've noticed some people can get a retro lancer impale from a running distance of absolutely nothing, where as i have to start the run from miles away it seems... what gives?

vetteindreams
04-21-2011, 04:37 AM
that was the question i came in to ask HJP - hopefully there is an answer and its not because of lag or something......

am enjoying the beta - just wish that i was more skillful and that i could get used to the active reload function again

ok rant - why is the active so farkin' slow on the SOS compared to every other gun

DOOKH8R
04-21-2011, 04:53 AM
I've noticed some people can get a retro lancer impale from a running distance of absolutely nothing, where as i have to start the run from miles away it seems... what gives?

There are definitely some issues. I don't know if it is a latency issue or something worse.

Also, anybody else end up on Locust team 13 out of 15 times?

Mongooli P5
04-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but i don't want to scroll through 8 pages, or start a new thread.

How do you execute people? I thought it was B, and the longer you hold it the longer the execution will go for, but all my guy does is nudge the enemy over. I have unlocked a number of the executions (gnasher, Retro, Mulcher, mortar and digger) but have only seen them when done to me. I wanna rip a guys arm off!!!

I don't know if it matters, but i use the alternate control scheme.

Thanks

KillerChris8814
04-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but i don't want to scroll through 8 pages, or start a new thread.

How do you execute people? I thought it was B, and the longer you hold it the longer the execution will go for, but all my guy does is nudge the enemy over. I have unlocked a number of the executions (gnasher, Retro, Mulcher, mortar and digger) but have only seen them when done to me. I wanna rip a guys arm off!!!

I don't know if it matters, but i use the alternate control scheme.

Thanks

Not sure on the alternate but on default execution is :ybut:

vetteindreams
04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
@Dook - yep when i finally had enough games to play and unlock cole, i was placed on the Locust side for the following 12matches grrrr

@KC - is it just holding the 'Y' for longer that makes those massive chains of face-smashing goodness? and further, is it for any real purpose *smashing them 20x for example?

how do i get the various non-weapon based executions, do i have to have the smoke grenade in my hand or something because i always do something with a weapon (i want to curb stomp sometimes just for the sake of variation)

Bulldog LXXIII
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM
I think Curb Stomp is just tapping Y

And having read a few people saying this - Yes !! What gives with the amount of time you get put on the locust team. I too got the chance to use cole only for it to then take me ages to get the 10 games I needed with him.

I also don't like the retro lancer - very jumpy even if you try to burst fire...

Pearson
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
After I unlocked Cole, it took about another 20 matches until I unlocked the retail Cole. I'm glad that's finally over, now I can concentrate on getting the gold retro lancer.

Lord Montymort
04-21-2011, 01:40 PM
There are definitely some issues. I don't know if it is a latency issue or something worse.

I didn't to begin with but as soon as I hit 50 matches and switched my character to Cole Train, It took ages for me to get my first match with him.

Mongooli P5
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Not sure on the alternate but on default execution is :ybut:

No, Y is meat shield. hmmm...i guess i'll just have to mess around with it.

Opiate42
04-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Yes, almost constantly.

Kal_El
04-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Here Are my Thoughts I've played a lot of the beta so far over 2000 kills already... 2.1 kd 2 win loss so it's safe to say i am a hardcore gears player

the only things i think need to be fixed are

1. The Sawed Off Shotgun - ok so here's the only way to balance this weapon. I personally think it is very annoying but that is mainly because of the spread of the shotgun a lot of people are saying reduce the damage but that can't happen because it would make it a crappier gnasher shotgun with a longer reload...so i think the spread should be cut down, it's a bit to wide... after that i think it would be fine....there is also an alternative idea where it could be placed on the map as a power weapon but if epic does that then the reload has to be sped up because it wouldnt really be a power weapon

2. The Retro Lancer - i think there is some fine tuning to be done with this weapon but not too much i think they should reduce the recoil a bit but cut the dameage slightly a lot of people are using it and just hip firing and rightfully so it works...it'll down people instantly.. Other than that i have no other complaints...other than i would like 2 more shots on my digger launcher =)

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Someone tell me how to get the beta. I have friends who dont have bulletstorm and have not pre-ordered gow yet they've had the beta about a week ?

Lord Montymort
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Someone tell me how to get the beta. I have friends who dont have bulletstorm and have not pre-ordered gow yet they've had the beta about a week ?

Then they must have gotten one of the codes that EPIC where giving away, been friends with/related to people who work for EPIC or Microsoft, or worked at GameStop(US), GAME(UK) or GameStation(UK), or other places where staff where given early access, or got in using one of the now unavailable glitches which allowed anyone to access the GameStop way, those where the only ways to get in before Bulletstorm.

CRAPYKAUH
04-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Here Are my Thoughts I've played a lot of the beta so far over 2000 kills already... 2.1 kd 2 win loss so it's safe to say i am a hardcore gears player

the only things i think need to be fixed are

1. The Sawed Off Shotgun - ok so here's the only way to balance this weapon. I personally think it is very annoying but that is mainly because of the spread of the shotgun a lot of people are saying reduce the damage but that can't happen because it would make it a crappier gnasher shotgun with a longer reload...so i think the spread should be cut down, it's a bit to wide... after that i think it would be fine....there is also an alternative idea where it could be placed on the map as a power weapon but if epic does that then the reload has to be sped up because it wouldnt really be a power weapon

2. The Retro Lancer - i think there is some fine tuning to be done with this weapon but not too much i think they should reduce the recoil a bit but cut the dameage slightly a lot of people are using it and just hip firing and rightfully so it works...it'll down people instantly.. Other than that i have no other complaints...other than i would like 2 more shots on my digger launcher =)
I was wondering why it felt like you were reading my mind, and then I noticed your gamertag! haha (sup Kal)

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that the Gnasher seems to work a lot better when aiming higher that you would in Gears 2?
In Gears 2 you normally tried to aim in the groin-belly region, but in this beta I've noticed I get a lot more gib kills when aiming in the Upper Abdomen and Pectoral areas. Is it just me? or has anyone else found this also?

In other words, instead of aiming at the same level where your screen is centered when you spawn, aiming up a bit before shooting?

GNB
04-21-2011, 06:06 PM
OK, I have a stupid question. How do you change the game type? I can only play Team Deathmatch and can't figure out how to switch it to KOTH or CTF. Thanks.

LOKIkillsALL
04-21-2011, 06:07 PM
No, Y is meat shield. hmmm...i guess i'll just have to mess around with it.

I'm almost positive X is meat sheild. That used to be execution but now it's meat sheild because I did it a ton to start off the beta before realizing Y is the new execution button.

Lord Montymort
04-21-2011, 07:02 PM
OK what the hell has happened to this game?

On Monday it was great no lag, and played really well and everything seemed to be balanced.
Tuesday the few matches the game would actually let me into where also good.
Wednesday a bit of lag and some pretty messed up shots that should never kill or down did manage to get through but not enough to put you off the game.

But today the lag seems worse than it was in Gears 2, I mantle jump over anything and I get stuck on top of it and have to wait to be killed. Any retro charge I perform bounces off the enemy even when my character is screaming while doing it yet any retro charge performed on me, regardless of range, is always a kill. Headshots with Sniper never kill or even down. I even hit an entire enemy team with the Mortar and they all survived it.

I dunno what has happened to this game today, but I'm not liking it at all.

Sgt Hartman 87
04-21-2011, 07:20 PM

It says on Xbox Live that you haven't played Gears 1 or 2, your opinion fails.

I agree 100% to this about people on the receiving end of the Sawed Off Shotgun. Almost every gun (save Retro Lancer, in my time playing) can beat this matchup for range. Jump back, whip out the regular Lancer or Hammerburst people, and watch how fast they fall. The Gnasher can even work around it.

Failing that guys, try to dodge a shot from them. It sounds a little silly, yeah. And it doesn't always work to manuever away, but if you can get them to waste a bullet, then they're insanely long reload leaves them wide open.

Agreed.

Clearly your observation skills fail...If you had actually looked at my bio on my profile you would know that this in fact is not my original gamertag. Ergo, YOUR opinion fails even harder...

UnholyShinigami
04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Some quick questions...

1 - How do you play Capture The Leader? I read that you can play this mode in the BETA but the only thing that pops here when i start the BETA is Team Deathmatch.. Do you have to be a certain level to do this?

2 - I play the BETA on my brothers Xbox, but with my Gamertag, since he purchased the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm and redeemed the code himself, i have now unlocked Trashball Cole, but will i be able to play with him when i purchase GOW3 myself?

3 - Also, i have only 2 maps to play on, but i seen on the Xbox channel on the dashboard there should be 4? Why do i only got 2?

Sorry if this is allready asked but i simply dont got the patience to read thru all that been posted

Lord Montymort
04-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Some quick questions...

1 - How do you play Capture The Leader? I read that you can play this mode in the BETA but the only thing that pops here when i start the BETA is Team Deathmatch.. Do you have to be a certain level to do this?

2 - I play the BETA on my brothers Xbox, but with my Gamertag, since he purchased the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm and redeemed the code himself, i have now unlocked Trashball Cole, but will i be able to play with him when i purchase GOW3 myself?

3 - Also, i have only 2 maps to play on, but i seen on the Xbox channel on the dashboard there should be 4? Why do i only got 2?

Sorry if this is allready asked but i simply dont got the patience to read thru all that been posted

Sigh, f***ing lazy people, this question has been asked and answered on almost every page of this topic. If you don't have the patience to take the same amount of time it took you to make that post to look for it, why should we take up are time to post it again?

Regardless of my rant, here is the schedule for the beta.

Mon 18th April through Sun 24th - TDM on Thrashball and Checkout only.
Mon 25th April through Sun 1st - TDM on Thrashball, Checkout, and Trenches only.
Mon 2nd May through Sun 8th - TDM and KOTH on all 4 beta maps.
Mon 9th May through Sun 15th - TDM, KOTH, and CTL on all 4 beta maps.

RedAuerbach
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Some quick questions...

In the early access beta, it was available for everyone. Not sure why it's not here this week.

Edit: Never mind. See above post.

UnholyShinigami
04-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the answer :)

But.... On the Event Calendar menu it says that the map TRENCHES should also be playable during the Bulletstorm Epic Edition Early Beta Access...

So do you guys got to play Trenches?

FPS GLIMMER
04-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Sawed off is ridiculous. SOmetimes i think its more accurate when you dont aim. Right now my only problem with the beta is the weapons inconsistency. Sometimes when someone is running and spiking you you can kill them with the sawed off, some other times not. Even if your at the same distance.

veece16
04-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Sawed off is ridiculous. SOmetimes i think its more accurate when you dont aim. Right now my only problem with the beta is the weapons inconsistency. Sometimes when someone is running and spiking you you can kill them with the sawed off, some other times not. Even if your at the same distance.

I never aim with the sawed off, it won't help at all. If you're already that close to a person, just shoot and you'll get the kill.

ColdSpider72
04-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the answer :)

But.... On the Event Calendar menu it says that the map TRENCHES should also be playable during the Bulletstorm Epic Edition Early Beta Access...

So do you guys got to play Trenches?

So....you looked at the event calendar and still had to ask why CTL wasn't available?? And if you did in fact look at the calendar then you would have clearly seen that it does NOT say trenches this week. It is next week. (also shown to you by the post that answered your question).

Sorry, and I know I will get flamed by the defenders of the dumb on this site but what the hell is your I.Q.?? How are so many people missing this information when it is available in bold right on the main screen of the Beta??

Merciful Fate
04-22-2011, 01:55 AM
So....you looked at the event calendar and still had to ask why CTL wasn't available?? And if you did in fact look at the calendar then you would have clearly seen that it does NOT say trenches this week. It is next week. (also shown to you by the post that answered your question).

Sorry, and I know I will get flamed by the defenders of the dumb on this site but what the hell is your I.Q.?? How are so many people missing this information when it is available in bold right on the main screen of the Beta??
Took words of out of my mouth. Epic post is epic.

Edit: Joy, dedicated servers are down. Somehow I knew they couldn't keep it like that.

Edit 2: Ok now I'm playing nothing but Old Town and Trenches all the time... These two maps rape the other two.

Pearson
04-22-2011, 03:22 AM
I've noticed some people can get a retro lancer impale from a running distance of absolutely nothing, where as i have to start the run from miles away it seems... what gives?Same thing happens to me as well, plus people sneak up on me with the gnasher shotty from behind and put me down with one shot, but when I do it, either I don't get the kill or put the person down. All that happens is them turning around and taking me out with one shot from the gnasher.

Just to make sure that I'm not doing things wrong, when you run up to someone with the retro lancer does it automatically impale someone or is there a button you must hit?

Oogie Boogie
04-22-2011, 03:26 AM
For anyone that has been playing as of Monday:
Epic takes the dedicated servers down for maintenance everyday that's why sometimes you feel like your playing a shiny version of Gears 2...
Did anyone play on the other two maps today?
(Old town and Trenches)

Pearson
04-22-2011, 03:55 AM
For anyone that has been playing as of Monday:
Epic takes the dedicated servers down for maintenance everyday that's why sometimes you feel like your playing a shiny version of Gears 2...
Did anyone play on the other two maps today?
(Old town and Trenches)I didn't play today, but finally two more maps available, the first two were starting to get stale boring, can't wait for the other game modes to open up. I knew about the server maintenance

xhunterrrr
04-22-2011, 04:35 AM
There are new maps? I have only been playing Checkout and the stadium one that I can't remember the name of.

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Ahh thats what it was then the told me the glitched it or something.

UnholyShinigami
04-22-2011, 10:33 AM

It said THIS WEEK, the week for Bulletstorm Epic Edition Beta players... If it wasnt for the event calendar now cleary is under update or something i would take a screenshot just to prove my point, because now it says nothing at all... And it said nothing about CTL either..

anyways, after the dedicated servers were shut down i got to play both Oldtown and Trenches.. Not a big fan of Oldtown but Trenches was nice..

Lucienna
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Question for you Gears veterans out there! I've played and loved both Gears 1+2 campaign, but never really set foot into multiplayer because none of my friends were playing it - and I hate the fact that there are so many people on XBL who need to feel better about themselves by flaming newbies and not tolerating any sort of learning curve.

I've been playing the beta for the last 2 days and really LOVE the game, but I do want to get better at multiplayer and try not to piss my team off while doing so. It seems that even in the beta where you don't get to keep your score people are taking this way too seriously. I know I care way too much but yeah... that's me.

Are there any tips from you experienced players concerning game strategies and working on improving your aiming and overall performance? It's not that I'm generally bad at shooters, but I completely utterly suck at pvp. I'd appreciate any sort of input that is NOT flaming ;)

KH308
04-22-2011, 12:41 PM
How come I tried to join my friends game but it said I cant join because they have downloadable content which I do not?

HorsemanOfWar16
04-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Question for you Gears veterans out there! I've played and loved both Gears 1+2 campaign, but never really set foot into multiplayer because none of my friends were playing it - and I hate the fact that there are so many people on XBL who need to feel better about themselves by flaming newbies and not tolerating any sort of learning curve.

I've been playing the beta for the last 2 days and really LOVE the game, but I do want to get better at multiplayer and try not to piss my team off while doing so. It seems that even in the beta where you don't get to keep your score people are taking this way too seriously. I know I care way too much but yeah... that's me.

Are there any tips from you experienced players concerning game strategies and working on improving your aiming and overall performance? It's not that I'm generally bad at shooters, but I completely utterly suck at pvp. I'd appreciate any sort of input that is NOT flaming ;)

To be honest m8 - Practice always makes perfect. - Shooting form the hip is always handy in a tight spot. especially when you can whip out the shotgun and not have to aim. - Other than that try and learn the maps. Just keep playing and you'll get better m8. :)
- Just played trenches - pretty awesome! - Want to play Old Town more though :(. Still good map, One Shot is hard to use at the mo. not really any opportunity after getting it 4 times to shoot anyone. Maybe I just need time to practice with it :). Don't like when you drop it, it then disappears :( - Maybe that's a bug that EPIC hasn't seen yet.

Touch
04-22-2011, 02:04 PM

stick with your team, more than likely if you go off on your own you will come across two people and you will die. try not to steal kills but in this game if your guy cant get to his down fast then kill the down because they can get up now. dont keep aiming with the shotgun, snap in and out of aim or just dont aim at all.

thats all i got for now