PDA

View Full Version : Best Hole for an Ace?

Ricky Rialto
04-16-2011, 07:14 AM
I'm just looking for opinions to set up a custom course and work towards the 25 aces... still have 20 to go. I've been playing the par 3 course over and over. Any suggestions?

DarkSeraphim198
04-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Best thing I did was use the Par 3 Challenge at Augusta. You can go for a hole-in-one on the 1st hole and if you miss just restart the challenge until you get one. Continue on with the challenge to try and get a few more, however just make sure you fail the overall challenge so you can rinse and repeat. Doing it this way removes the loading screens from exiting out and starting again.

I originally just played hole 3 of the Par 3 course, but doing it the above way got me from 12 to 22 hole-in-ones in a couple of hours.

NJAM14Titleist
04-16-2011, 02:43 PM
The Augusta Par 3 is the best.

scttsmall
04-16-2011, 04:57 PM
My advice is doing a custom course using only TPC Sawgrass # 17. It has been said that custom course aces don't count but I can say for 100% certainty that they do count. You won't unlock the achievement on a custom course but once you get your 25 all you have to do is play the par 3 at Augusta and get one more and it will unlock. I got like 6 aces in one round from playing #17 at TPC Sawgrass. I only have 27 career aces and the majority of mine came from custom courses. Just set it up with easy on locations, make sure you have all the wedges in your bag, play from the whites, set the wind to calm, and set the green speed to medium. I did the green speed at medium because most of the aces on that course came from spinning the ball back into the hole. It just didn't unlock until I did another one on a non-custom course. I have all the achievments for this game and that is the way I did it. I hope this helps.

Ricky Rialto
04-16-2011, 08:32 PM
My advice is doing a custom course using only TPC Sawgrass # 17. It has been said that custom course aces don't count but I can say for 100% certainty that they do count. You won't unlock the achievement on a custom course but once you get your 25 all you have to do is play the par 3 at Augusta and get one more and it will unlock. I got like 6 aces in one round from playing #17 at TPC Sawgrass. I only have 27 career aces and the majority of mine came from custom courses. Just set it up with easy on locations, make sure you have all the wedges in your bag, play from the whites, set the wind to calm, and set the green speed to medium. I did the green speed at medium because most of the aces on that course came from spinning the ball back into the hole. It just didn't unlock until I did another one on a non-custom course. I have all the achievments for this game and that is the way I did it. I hope this helps.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you thank you thank you.

scttsmall
04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Glad to help.

Ricky Rialto
04-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Glad to help.

Just coming back to confirm. Got 6 aces in 2 rounds and got the 10 aces button.. just 15 more to go. Thanks again.

scttsmall
04-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Just coming back to confirm. Got 6 aces in 2 rounds and got the 10 aces button.. just 15 more to go. Thanks again.

Just remember, you won't get the 25 ace pin until you make one after you do the 25 on a course that is not created. That is what happened with me. I did my 25, then played Par 3 at Augusta and got another one and the achievement popped right then.

Stewie Griffin2
04-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Best thing I did was use the Par 3 Challenge at Augusta. You can go for a hole-in-one on the 1st hole and if you miss just restart the challenge until you get one. Continue on with the challenge to try and get a few more, however just make sure you fail the overall challenge so you can rinse and repeat. Doing it this way removes the loading screens from exiting out and starting again.

I originally just played hole 3 of the Par 3 course, but doing it the above way got me from 12 to 22 hole-in-ones in a couple of hours.

This is what I did. I even suggested it on here, but was flamed relentlessly. It's easily the fastest and best way to do it, because you don't have to finish out holes. I had 5 going into the challenge and had the 25 pin less than 90 minutes later.

All I did was play the 1st hole until I got the ace (usually within the first 5 tries). Once I got it, I waited for the next hole to load. Then I attempted to get an ace on that one, as soon as I knew that it wasn't in the hole, I restarted the challenge.

At first I was going through the entire challenge trying to get a couple more then failing by hitting the water on 9, but I nearly got a low enough score that I could win the challenge with a SLE on the 9th, so I started just playing the 1st and 2nd to get it quicker.

mark21667
04-17-2011, 09:19 AM
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you thank you thank you.

I believe it's pronounced 'fornesic'.

I just replayed #9 on Augusta Par 3 course. Easy tee, pin, calm etc. I was using a 100% golfer. I would hit just past the pin (91% was perfect), the ball would spin back to the hole and I did my remaining 19 in about half an hour. I did 3 in a row during it.

Ricky Rialto
04-17-2011, 01:42 PM
I wound up using the 17th at Sawgrass method. Needed 15 more and got them in 3 rounds of play.. took less than an hour. Then got the flowering crab apple and both the pin collector and the secret popped. Thanks again.

CanuckLefty
04-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I wound up using the 17th at Sawgrass method. Needed 15 more and got them in 3 rounds of play.. took less than an hour. Then got the flowering crab apple and both the pin collector and the secret popped. Thanks again.

This is exactly the method I had in mind, to try and unlock the final pin and secret achieve in one shebangabang. I'll give TPC a try; I find at Augusta Par 3, even with all the wedges in my bag, I have a lot of 85-91% swings, which I can't quite nail.

Team Penguin
04-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I finished my 25 aces by just doing Hole 9 on the par 3. Its the easiest hole imo on the course.

pjt1470
04-19-2011, 03:28 AM
How do you set up a custom course with #17 on Sawgrass 18 times. Can't find where to do it.

Thanks!

Team Penguin
04-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Go to course mastery or in quick play. Select the course you want and select course options. Then scroll down to something like hole select. Then move it over to custom select and select the holes you want. Btw, it won't let you set up a hole 18 times. You can only play it once. But it saves your settings.

scttsmall
04-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Go to course mastery or in quick play. Select the course you want and select course options. Then scroll down to something like hole select. Then move it over to custom select and select the holes you want. Btw, it won't let you set up a hole 18 times. You can only play it once. But it saves your settings.

Actually you can play the same hole 18 times. You have to go to create a course. Once you go through the naming the course and choosing a logo, you then have to choose what holes will be included. Just add number 17 at Sawgrass for holes 1-18, save the course, and then when you go to course select, choose the custom course that you have named, play all 18 and there you go.

pjt1470
04-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Right, that's similar to previous years but I haven't seen the "create" option. that's what iIm looking for.

Thanks!
Nevermind...I found it...thanks!

kingsnipes186
04-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I like East Lake hole #6... i've gotten half of mine there...

Scrogginsanity
04-26-2011, 01:08 AM
I recommend Waialae #2. The green is completely flat and you can spin it up to the hole instead of back to the whole (with fast greens)....plus you can see which way you need to spin it because you're using long clubs = lower trajectory = pin stays in sight the entire time

SatNiteEduardo
04-26-2011, 05:20 AM
I have played the augusta par 3 a lot. I am now getting 2 holes in one per round. I play it via course mastery.

Mr J1m
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
I liked the Celtic Manor par 3 only version. There are 5 par 3s, none of which are difficult from the white tees. 2 in 5 holes is my best and i'm up to 15 overall.

The flags are at about 160yds so you can spin it forwards rather than back, which i found a lot easier. Greens are pretty flat too.

g8trz
04-02-2012, 04:38 AM
TPC Sawgrass Hole 17 on Course Mastery worked great for me!