PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews yet?

Thai J
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I've searched a little on the net and don't see anything. My hopes are high and the game is paid for but I'm curious if any early reviews are out yet. Anyone seen anything?

ShaolinShadow
04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I've searched a little on the net and don't see anything. My hopes are high and the game is paid for but I'm curious if any early reviews are out yet. Anyone seen anything?

There won't be reviews up till the release of the game, Reviewers like ign are under contract to keep hush hush on the review till tuesday, As for a personal review I would give this a 9.0 to 9.5

Thai J
04-16-2011, 06:53 PM
There won't be reviews up till the release of the game, Reviewers like ign are under contract to keep hush hush on the review till tuesday, As for a personal review I would give this a 9.0 to 9.5

Yeah, but a lot of the times the big games of the year have early reviews out. A lot of times wikipedia will have a few reviews listed in the reception section of the game 3-4 days before realease. Places like Gamespot, Game Informer, etc. I'm glad you like it though, good to hear.

Graf von Rotz
04-16-2011, 08:15 PM
my review .... get it !!! it rocks

Chaosx721
04-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah, but a lot of the times the big games of the year have early reviews out. A lot of times wikipedia will have a few reviews listed in the reception section of the game 3-4 days before realease. Places like Gamespot, Game Informer, etc. I'm glad you like it though, good to hear.
It all depends on what the publisher wants. If they say no reviews till the night of the release, then journalist have to wait, if publishers want reviews early they will let journalist know, or if they just want certain places to come out with a review early then the publisher will let them know. Its a weird place game journalism and reviews, but that's the way things go down for most games, you'll have to wait till monday night.

Thai J
04-16-2011, 10:25 PM
It all depends on what the publisher wants. If they say no reviews till the night of the release, then journalist have to wait, if publishers want reviews early they will let journalist know, or if they just want certain places to come out with a review early then the publisher will let them know. Its a weird place game journalism and reviews, but that's the way things go down for most games, you'll have to wait till monday night.

I've always wondered why some games have so many early reviews and others don't. You'd think if a game kicks ass they would want early reviews out to amp up anticipation and preorders. You'd think if a game had an early 95% on GameRankings it would increase sales at least a bit. Like I said, I'm for sure getting the game, I am just eager to hear the consensus from the reviewers. I don't take one persons score to heart, I like to view the pool of opinions. I think then you can usually get a pretty good idea of what a game has to offer.

machonach0
04-16-2011, 10:50 PM
I've always wondered why some games have so many early reviews and others don't. You'd think if a game kicks ass they would want early reviews out to amp up anticipation and preorders. You'd think if a game had an early 95% on GameRankings it would increase sales at least a bit. Like I said, I'm for sure getting the game, I am just eager to hear the consensus from the reviewers. I don't take one persons score to heart, I like to view the pool of opinions. I think then you can usually get a pretty good idea of what a game has to offer.

Most game reviews have some pretty big spoilers and I'm sure developers trying to keep secrets don't like that, so they make sure to wait until the game drops. This game is a perfect example of that, almost anytime you hear the developers talk about the game they mention how there are tons of secrets they don't want to reveal them.