PDA

View Full Version : xbox av fuse and hdmi not working

wildlatics09
04-16-2011, 11:09 PM
hi am experiencing a problem - the av fuse and hdmi are not working on my xbox. i plugged in my headset into the tv, and i think i accidently knocked the avcable, and now it wont work.

been downstairs to see if it will work there but still no joy :/ tried a hdmi cable on both as well, whilst also disconnecting my hard drive

HuMuRoUs
04-17-2011, 01:21 PM
could you be a bit more specific on how it broke? Im not all here atm >.< If it was a serious knock to the cable you could have broken the solder joints on the AV/HDMI port, happened to me before, and i had to go buy a new console as i cant solder for shit.

That may be whats wrong only reason i can think why AV and HDMI arn't working as they are both using the same connection to the motherboard.

wildlatics09
04-17-2011, 02:51 PM
It is working now, just not on my tv, it us working on the blue green red wires (hdmi) but my standard red white yellow won't work, and my tv doesn't support the hdmi wires (no ports) will an official xbox hdmi cable solve the problem?

HuMuRoUs
04-17-2011, 05:17 PM
strange that only component is working, do you have any friends who could lend you a cable to test? If it works then a new A/V cable will do the trick if not i think you may have a loose connection on your port which you will have to send to Microsoft to get fixed, if your not under warranty however a new console may be needed, could probably pick up an arcade for less than the price to fix. :eek:

MachineZed
04-17-2011, 10:55 PM
It is working now, just not on my tv, it us working on the blue green red wires (hdmi) but my standard red white yellow won't work, and my tv doesn't support the hdmi wires (no ports) will an official xbox hdmi cable solve the problem?
Blue/Green/Red Wires are not HDMI cable first off, they are called Component Cables. I also thought the Official Cables had a yellow lead for composite output. Is that what is not working on your cables?
When you say the Blue/Green/Red cables aren't working you mean you took your 360 with the cables and used them on a different set, then you took the Yellow lead cable and attempted to use that one and it didn't work?

I guess what I don't really understand a side from the earlier ones, if you TV doesn't support the cable a new cable will not help you, especially since it appeared to be working.

If you tv only supports the yellow (composite) cables, and your cable doesn't work, then buying a new one of those should solve your problem.

[Waggly Bean]
04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
If I remember rightly, there is a little switch on the side of the component cables, on the bit where it connects to the xbox itself.

I believe the switch is for conecting to HDTVs or SDTVs. Try flicking that, then trying your xbox. If it's that, you then need to mess with your xbox's resolution settings to find the optimum screen resolution that works.

It might not be that of course, as your description of what is going on is a bit strange, being as you seem to be confused as to the difference between HDMI, component and composite. :)

StillTIPPIN187
04-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Wish i could help but you confused me =/