PDA

View Full Version : So, 2 things...

ChrisD0811
04-17-2011, 02:13 AM
First of all, has anyone else noticed just how horrible the announcing in this game can be. I swear about 40% of the time the game is announcing shots completely wrong. They get all excited about me "driving the green in 1" on a par three, and then proceed to announce that I have my next putt for Eagle when it is obviously only for Birdie. They often announce I've driven the green in one when I land my 2nd shot on the green on a par 5 as well. I know for certain there are other situations and things that they announce horribly wrong, but I can't recall them at this very second...

Having said that, I did thoroughly enjoy the game, and I'm about 2-3 hours away from winning my 7th green jacket and hitting my 281 week mark, thus giving me the full 1000G. It was grueling...lol

I received a free "Classic Georgia Putter" as a pre-order item from Amazon, that just came in my email today. Obviously I'm about to finish this up and sell it back to Amazon for 30 bucks, and think it would be pretty pointless to use the code now. So if anyone loves the game and plans on keeping their copy for a while, feel free to use the code below for a free exclusive item. I believe it gives +10 to putting stats. The only thing I ask is that you post in this thread stating that you used the code, so others don't waste their time trying it only to find it invalid.

EDIT: Putter code has been redeemed

Enjoy!

Team Penguin
04-17-2011, 02:16 AM
You're not the only one who has noticed the announcers calling things wrong and it can't be very annoying. At least in Tiger Woods 10 and 11 they would be corrected, usually, when they were wrong.

ChrisD0811
04-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Well I remember in the old games they would say things like "Oooh, he's not gonna like where that ends up", and the reason was if you added no spin and let the shot play out, you'd end up in the rough or whatever. Then if you spun the ball and it ended up in the fairway, the other announcer would say something like "What are you looking at? That ball is in the fairway!" So at least that I could understand. The game knew the ball was in trouble, but if you fixed the shot mid-air, it would have the announcement that it was corrected.

This is something different entirely. It's like the game doesn't know what the par is of the hole, or how many shots you've taken some times. I learned to just live with it, but with it happening so often, you'd think they would have caught it during quality control or something.

Hope that all made sense...lol

Team Penguin
04-17-2011, 02:23 AM
It did make sense lol. I would normally agree in that thinking they would catch it during quality testing, as awkwardly phrased as that is, but since its EA, nothing surprises me anymore from them.

ChrisD0811
04-17-2011, 02:25 AM
I hear you. A lot like winning in a tournament (scoring 24 under par in a one-round tourney) and having your World Ranking drop to second place. Nothing about this game surprised me after that little snafu...

LobsterCat
04-17-2011, 02:27 AM
Hey thanks for the putter. No one else claimed it so i tried and it worked :)
Im still on my first season on this game so this may help me if it has good stats.

ChrisD0811
04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Hey thanks for the putter. No one else claimed it so i tried and it worked :)
Im still on my first season on this game so this may help me if it has good stats.

No problem man. Put it to good use!! Putting is the hardest part of this game it seems for most, so that +10 boost right out of the gates may be extremely helpful...

NJAM14Titleist
04-17-2011, 02:31 AM
In the flyover to one of the holes, I think it was #9 at Waialae (I'll check later), David Feherty says the wrong par for the hole.

ChrisD0811
04-17-2011, 02:34 AM
In the flyover to one of the holes, I think it was #9 at Waialae (I'll check later), David Feherty says the wrong par for the hole.

See, that's just too damned funny to me. It almost seems like not enough care is taken in the quality control department nowadays for games. It's as if they have the attitude of "we can just patch it later", which never existed in past generation consoles.

However we are paying more and more for a new game than ever. It just makes me feel like we are paying more for less. Does EA even have a QC department? If not, sign me up. Pay me 50 grand a year, and send me all new EA Games before they release. I'll play the shit out of them, report back any errors or glitches, and they can fix them before release, lol

NJAM14Titleist
04-17-2011, 02:42 AM
LOL. I have it on video. Right now I'm pretty sure it's the hole that I said it was. If not I'll PM you the correct hole so you can see how he messes up too.

Stewie Griffin2
04-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Who gives a shit? This is the best Tiger game they've ever made. I'll take the best gameplay with worse announcers any day.

Sure as hell beats last year's game, that game was boring within 2 days, as that's all it took to get 1000 (well, 985 because of that stupid video which they didn't put up for a fucking month).