PDA

View Full Version : So, DLC for DR 2, Arcade game, or a new game altogether?

jamie1000013
04-17-2011, 03:19 AM
This has got me really confused which one is it? Does anyone know for definite or have an inkling. I would prefer it to be an arcade game TBH because I don't own DR2 anymore and I would prefer to pay £10-£20 compared to £40.

What do you think it is?

McGoogles
04-17-2011, 03:46 AM
My bet is that it's a retail game. However, with all their arcade games they've made pertaining to Dead Rising 2, this might be another. Either way, I'm excited.

There's another thread that states that it is a retail game:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=305327&highlight=Dead+Rising (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=305327&highlight=Dead+Rising)

The Pants Party
04-17-2011, 05:44 AM
It is a full retail game. Basically, this is Dead Rising 2, but told as if Frank was the lead character instead of Chuck.

Evo Kazz
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes it is deffo a full retail game, which is amazingly awesome in my book.

LETtheFLAMESbegin
04-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm looking forward to this though because obviously it's a new storyline with it being from Frank's point of view. Apparently the checkpoint/save system is meant to be a hell of a lot better and it's also meant to be providing better co-op as well as new locations? (unsure of this but I will have to look into it)

Anyways more to the point - I would pay full price for it.

jamie1000013
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm looking forward to this though because obviously it's a new storyline with it being from Frank's point of view. Apparently the checkpoint/save system is meant to be a hell of a lot better and it's also meant to be providing better co-op as well as new locations? (unsure of this but I will have to look into it)

Anyways more to the point - I would pay full price for it.

It says faster loading which would be a godsend because that was my main gripe with DR2 the loading was beyond a joke. NFS:Shift loaded faster than that game :-P. I used to go to bed and wake up and then I could go to a new location :-P I kid, I kid. I don't think this will ever be a day one purchase for me though. It should have been DLC for DR2 like Lost and the Damned that used the same map from the game but a different storyline. If it retails at £20-£30 fair enough but £40 is a no go for me.

Lord Yamikage
04-19-2011, 01:55 AM
I was hoping it would be DLC, that way I can break over 1,000:gsicon:

plebeianprint
04-19-2011, 03:14 AM
It should really be dlc, but Capcom is a master of "complete" editions. Street Fighter 4, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, etc. In their defense they're better than any other Japanese publisher in regards to dlc.

I would really, and honestly hope to see a $40 USD price point on this; Anything more is ballsy. If Super Street Fighter 4 is any indication, that could be the price.

LETtheFLAMESbegin
04-19-2011, 12:52 PM
It says faster loading which would be a godsend because that was my main gripe with DR2 the loading was beyond a joke. NFS:Shift loaded faster than that game :-P. I used to go to bed and wake up and then I could go to a new location :-P I kid, I kid. I don't think this will ever be a day one purchase for me though. It should have been DLC for DR2 like Lost and the Damned that used the same map from the game but a different storyline. If it retails at £20-£30 fair enough but £40 is a no go for me.

I know the loading times were a joke and also trying to save the game, it sticks for a while before thinking "oh right okay i'm meant to be saving"

I can see your point with that actually - never thought on that. Suppose either or - I will buy it but hopefully it won't be too pricey. Maybe bringing it out as DLC might be the better option to be honest.

Outbreaker XXXX
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Its basically a directors cut with a twist, remember street fighter IV there was super street fighter IV this game will do the same, a full 1000G dead rising 2 retelling of a story seen through Franks eyes, the trailer does pretty much spell it out for you, a game the size of DR2 would be insane for an arcade release

xOhNoes11
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
So happy that this is going to be a full retail game, I couldn't get enough of Frank and I was quite sad when he wasn't the protagonist for the "original" Dead Rising 2. Also I need to celebrate by playing Case West before the release of this game.

sm182
04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
It is a full retail game. Basically, this is Dead Rising 2, but told as if Frank was the lead character instead of Chuck.

I wonder if Capcom will remake DR1 with Chuck as well :p

LETtheFLAMESbegin
04-29-2011, 09:20 PM
I wonder if Capcom will remake DR1 with Chuck as well :p
Can I just say lolwhut!?!

INTY
05-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I think this is going to be an arcade game. It looks as though they've reused some animations, weapons, and it's still based around fortune city-after an arcade game that featured Frank West. My thought process is, Capcom's selling angle for it would be:
Dead Rising 1 Fans'll want more Frank West, and the people who got Case West will have loved Frank in it and I'm sure they'll love some alone time with him.
Also, you have to consider how much time has passed in between Dead Rising 2 coming out, and this installment to the series, in comparison to the gap between Dead Rising 1 and 2.

OllyKiriyama
06-05-2011, 05:04 PM
The game looks big enough to be a £40 game. It's not just a cut-and-paste kind of thing.

thereefernander
06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
I thought it was another arcade title at first announcement but the more details that started to surface it appeared to be a full retail game. Really excited to check this out. Wonder when the next episode in the arcade mini-series is going to come out? Probably after this if they are following the trend.
(DR1-Case0-DR2-CaseW-DROTR-Case?

mjc0961
06-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I was hoping it would be DLC, that way I can break over 1,000:gsicon:
But since it's a full retail tile, you can get another 1,000:gsicon: rather than just 250:gsicon: more for DR2. :p

OllyKiriyama
06-08-2011, 10:11 PM
But since it's a full retail tile, you can get another 1,000:gsicon: rather than just 250:gsicon: more for DR2. :p

I know we're on a website devoted to achievements so someone will argue with me, but I don't make purchases based on achievements.

JuSt BLaZe
06-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah FULL RETAIL GAME!!! :rock

Axel 360
06-30-2011, 11:28 PM
It´s retail, but they say will come out whit reduced price and not full.

40$ is expensive for you??? Come and buy games in my country...60-70€ :mad::mad::mad:

ShazamFTW
07-21-2011, 12:20 AM
So, is it just Frank superimposed on the storyline, or is it an alternate version of the events of Vegas from Frank's point of view? (i.e. different setting, same problem, etc.)

Either way, it's being picked up, DR is the nutz. But it would be nice to have 2 storylines intertwining at Case West.

Axel 360
07-21-2011, 03:28 PM
So, is it just Frank superimposed on the storyline, or is it an alternate version of the events of Vegas from Frank's point of view? (i.e. different setting, same problem, etc.)

Either way, it's being picked up, DR is the nutz. But it would be nice to have 2 storylines intertwining at Case West.

So far, it hasn´t been exactly confirmed what will it be. Honestly, I hope an alternate version, never get to play Dead Rising 2, but for people who did, will be stupid to play the same game just for the change of character. Even when Frank is so awesome.

Ryzuki
07-30-2011, 10:22 PM
So far, it hasn´t been exactly confirmed what will it be. Honestly, I hope an alternate version, never get to play Dead Rising 2, but for people who did, will be stupid to play the same game just for the change of character. Even when Frank is so awesome.

They will have Chuck as player 2 when co-op is played, just so you won't have two of the same person like in DR2.
As for the Story, it's pretty much pretending DR2 never happen.
There is no Chuck, instead the whole story is about Frank, and what he would do if he was there instead.
Forget all you know about DR2 and just think of this as DR2 instead.
It's easy to understand that way.

Pauley Paul
08-19-2011, 01:41 AM
So Chuck or Frank?who's got the better back story?

xOhNoes11
08-19-2011, 01:43 AM
So Chuck or Frank?who's got the better back story?

Frank by far imo

Pauley Paul
08-19-2011, 01:47 AM
I sorta agree but Chucks story was kind of touching in a sad way how he had to explain to his daughter why her mom bit her.:(

SynysterChris
08-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Though I'm a Huge fan of Frank, and DR is the reason I bought a 360 in the first place. I really liked Chucks story and he really grew on me, so I think I like them both equally. And I really want to play case west before I think of buying this.