PDA

View Full Version : Monthly fee for DLC

Tinysmitty
04-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Do u need to get a monthly fee for the DLC achievements. if u do is there like a day or week trial.

The Pants Party
04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Yes, I think it was $10 when I paid it, but when you cancel, you get the difference back. So if you only play for a week you'll only spend ~3. There isn't any trial though.

littlejay
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM
that's nice info. ive only been back for 2 days and got my last achievement :p
money time!

The Pants Party
04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
You do have to call MS to cancel it unforunately. There is no way to do it in-game or through the dashboard.

ViciousBanshee
04-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Is Phantasy Star worth buying? I can't remember playing it, I think I got the demo or something, lets you play online, but has no DLC or achievements?

Kinetic Faith
04-19-2011, 03:11 PM
It's worth buying if you like RPGs & easy achievements.

Tinysmitty
04-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Yes, I think it was $10 when I paid it, but when you cancel, you get the difference back. So if you only play for a week you'll only spend ~3. There isn't any trial though.

so explain u get the difference back. srry i dont really understand that.

Katarn
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
yeah, i am interested how this monthly fee works, because i am thinking about getting the game because of the update until may 12th. I am just seeing if its worth it.

The Pants Party
04-20-2011, 03:33 PM
They bill it back to the credit card you paid with. Since the subscription isn't in MSP, you need to enter a CC to pay for it, and they pro-rate the use. So if you only use 10 of 30 days in the month, you only have to pay ~33% of the cost. But they charge the full $10 up front, so when you cancel they figure out the difference and you'll receive a credit to your account.

Katarn
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
crap, i don't have a credit card or debit card.

sm182
05-06-2011, 09:46 PM
They bill it back to the credit card you paid with. Since the subscription isn't in MSP, you need to enter a CC to pay for it, and they pro-rate the use. So if you only use 10 of 30 days in the month, you only have to pay ~33% of the cost. But they charge the full $10 up front, so when you cancel they figure out the difference and you'll receive a credit to your account.

Do you know how long it is before they credit you the difference back? It's been 8 days since they billed me (but this includes 2 bank holidays) and I made sure I asked for immediate cancelation rather than turning off auto-renewal (and I double checked by going into the game and it informed me my license was expired).

EchoPark
08-19-2011, 08:52 PM
so how fast do u think me and a mate can do the online achivements? a week maybe? I arnt that good at it but if its not that hard i may consider doing it

DOOKH8R
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
so how fast do u think me and a mate can do the online achivements? a week maybe? I arnt that good at it but if its not that hard i may consider doing it

If you are trying to do it on your own, without a high level, it will take an extended amount of dedicated time.

If you have a high level run you through the missions, less than an hour.