PDA

View Full Version : Always get disconnected from server based games?

SR x FUZiON
04-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Whenever im playing games which uses online servers such as PES 2011, BFBC2 and now gears 3 beta, i get disconnected halfway through the game. I have an open NAT and a decent internet connection. Could it be the way i connect to live?

I connect to live by putting the Ethernet cable in the back of my computer which bridges the connection wireless to my router. If it is this then what can i do?

EDIT: I'm nearly positive its because of the way i connect to live because when i use a long Ethernet cable plugged directly into my router i can play for hours without disconnects. I also say server based games as i never get disconnected from live when i play cod.

iBlessing 09
04-18-2011, 01:56 PM
What type of Modem do you have?

SR x FUZiON
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Cisco 2100 Modem
Dlink DIR 615 Router

niko da bos
04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
i have experienced alot of the same problems recently. but mine occur because my dad started to put a password on our wifi. now alot of games warn me constanltly that my NAT is closed, and i might experience matchmaking problems. very annoying because now, several times every couple weeks my internet randomly disconects. but wait!? i can just dashboard from the game, and its connected again? wow fail

SR x FUZiON
04-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Well after i get disconnected and put back onto the game menu i can connect straight away. Probably just going to use a long ethernet cable for now but any help with this problem is much appreciated.

Das Uber Kraut
04-26-2011, 02:32 AM
For any multiplayer game I have to enter the game...attempt to connect to multiplayer...get disconnected from XBL. Sign back in and connect to multiplayer and then it lets me play. Every time...any game.