PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question.

Annalie
04-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Ok im not used to pre-ordering so, i wanna know if i pre-order a game from one gamestop in another town. can i just pick up my game in my towns gamestop. i wanna know because i gave my step dad the money for MK and he pre-ordered in another town -.- and since i want it at midnight i just hope i can get it. (in my town)...

CDAWGYDAWG911
04-19-2011, 12:59 AM
sorry but unfortunately no u have to pickup ur preorder at the gamestop u preordered at

Vectorman953
04-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Pretty sure that the way a preorder works is the store usually gets like 100 copies, but adds copies for every preorder (so if they get 50 preorders, the factory/distributor would send 150 copies to that store) so unless you called pretty far in advanced, and the stores worked in good communication with each other (they won't, believe me, each store act's like they're basically independant from one another) you're going to have to pick it up at the store it was preordered from.

Annalie
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! shit oh well... im so pissed right now but ill get over it.

jswartz0181
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I'd assume it would need to be from the store it was pre-ordered in. Getting mine from Best Buy (shipped today, but unless the mail gods decide to bless me, probably won't arrive until Wednesday :(), but according to their site, it has to be same-store pick-up if you go that route, as it'd be only in their local computer system. If BB would be like that, can't really see how GS would be any different.

You could always call though, and if so see if they could work something out between stores, but I'd not hold my breath.

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Unfortunately you would have to go to the other store because certain stores have a certain amount of pre orders taken, If I were you though If you don't really care for the scorpion dlc you can probably just go buy a non pre order copy depending on weather its a Kollectors or tournament then you would have to go to the store you place your order, If your lucky you can just tell the cashier that you had pre order and he or she might be nice enough to just give you the code anyway

Annalie
04-19-2011, 01:16 AM
I really dont care for any code unless it was the mileena code. i just want my game tonight and i cant get it :( but its out tomorrow so ill just wait like 12 more hours. anyways thanks for the super quick responses.

jswartz0181
04-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Wasn't Mileena the Walmart pre-order bonus? Should have pre-ordered there. :) Actually, was wondering yesterday if that's where you were getting it from. :)

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 01:27 AM
I think eventually all the pre-order bonuses will hit the Xbox live marketplace sooner or later, Like red dead redemption and few other games

M 0 R T I K I A
04-19-2011, 01:32 AM
I really dont care for any code unless it was the mileena code. i just want my game tonight and i cant get it :( but its out tomorrow so ill just wait like 12 more hours. anyways thanks for the super quick responses.

Im with you on this one, I would really like to get this game tonight, but unfortunately my EB games is not doing a midnight release, due to not having enough pre orders... so I will be picking up my copy at 10am tomorrow.

Annalie
04-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Wasn't Mileena the Walmart pre-order bonus? Should have pre-ordered there. :) Actually, was wondering yesterday if that's where you were getting it from. :)

Well i didnt think about it.:( maybe we could trade.... since i dont want whats going to be given to me....

jswartz0181
04-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Sorry hun. I got mine from BB, specifically because it had SZ as the pre-order bonus. It'd require thousands of dollars to part me with it. :) Plus, I'm not exactly a fan of Scorpion. Although maybe you can find someone willing to trade. Or just wait, as undoubtedly the outfits will be made available eventually.

Annalie
04-19-2011, 01:43 AM
ok no prob. :)