PDA

View Full Version : Question about my xbox live billing

Would You Kindly
04-19-2011, 01:54 AM
I tried posting this on the official xbox forums but was having trouble singing into my account on there. So hopefully someone can clear this up for here:

I've been a gold member for 6 years and have always had it on automatic renewal. A few hours ago I got the message "your account has been suspended due to a problem with your payment option.....". Ok, so I google that and found a solution. Apparently my card just needed to be updated. I go to update my card on billing.microsoft.com and they tell me after I update my card, im going to be charged $65.31 immediatly.

My question is where is this $65.31 coming from? Isn't xbox live like $5.50 a month? Does this mean I haven't been paying my gold for over a year?

Burning Karma
04-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Depending on what you have the autorenewal set at, you're probably being charged both for month(s) you didn't pay and whatever the autorenewal is set at (monthly, 3 months, yearly).

A ZombieTwinkie
04-19-2011, 02:15 AM
The 65.31 is a year subscription. Were you originally going year to year, or every 3 months?

Would You Kindly
04-19-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't remember exactly what I put it as, I set everything up 6 years ago and never had problems until today. Is paying the 65 dollars the only way I can get back on my account?

Shinobi273
04-19-2011, 02:24 AM
You should call microsoft support http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/call-us.aspx

Be sure to have the information on your account ready.

Would You Kindly
04-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Ok, I actually just called them and they cleared it up for me. My automatic renewal was set for yearly so they're charging me the renewal that didn't go through earlier. Thanks for the help.