PDA

View Full Version : Easy Tournament Mode Achievment

lincoln80
04-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Ok so first select tournament mode play the first 4 or 5 holes. Pause, save and quit. press B till your at the options area again. Select amature mode. Exit back and press X to start midround. Play up to and including 17 this should get you well under par. Pause, save and quit. Go back select tournament mode again. Go back and press X to start midround play 18th get the cheevo and the no focus pin if you don't already have it.

NJAM14Titleist
04-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Ok so first select tournament mode play the first 4 or 5 holes. Pause, save and quit. press B till your at the options area again. Select amature mode. Exit back and press X to start midround. Play up to and including 17 this should get you well under par. Pause, save and quit. Go back select tournament mode again. Go back and press X to start midround play 18th get the cheevo and the no focus pin if you don't already have it.

Thanks, I'll try to confirm this later.

NJAM14Titleist
04-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks again, I just confirmed that this works.

Stewie Griffin2
04-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Do you actually have to start the round on tournament difficulty, or can you just play the first 17 on pro then switch for the 18th?

NJAM14Titleist
04-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Do you actually have to start the round on tournament difficulty, or can you just play the first 17 on pro then switch for the 18th?

I started on tourney.

kingsnipes186
04-19-2011, 11:00 PM
its not that hard to get it on tournament difficulty, just wait til you get further in your career and have gold for that course... cake...

NJAM14Titleist
04-20-2011, 01:16 AM
its not that hard to get it on tournament difficulty, just wait til you get further in your career and have gold for that course... cake...

It's actually very hard on tournament difficulty. I had maxed stats and gold mastery. I'm averaging double bogey on each hole.

Wampus Cra
04-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Yea I played on st andrews when my guy was like all 70s and shot 10 under totally not hard at all.

NJAM14Titleist
04-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Yea I played on st andrews when my guy was like all 70s and shot 10 under totally not hard at all.
Getting the timing down on putting is difficult. But the same as tour players if you get one putt to fall you can get a few more to fall.

kingsnipes186
04-20-2011, 06:34 AM
double bogeys???... i got it 1st try... well if you had to do it this way im sorry... guess it wont be your most prized achievement... maybe you can mark it as most shameful in your profile :) but... points are points...

SatNiteEduardo
04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Where is the save option. When I quit I lose all progress from that session.

NJAM14Titleist
04-21-2011, 01:55 AM
double bogeys???... i got it 1st try... well if you had to do it this way im sorry... guess it wont be your most prized achievement... maybe you can mark it as most shameful in your profile :) but... points are points...

If you want to call it shameful go ahead. Not completing Tiger Woods 10 is even more shameful.

Stewie Griffin2
04-21-2011, 04:19 AM

Hey, dbag, this site is here to help people get achievements the easiest way possible. There are exploits listed for almost every game on almost every forum for some of the tougher achievements. There's no shame in taking a shortcut for an achievement that, quite frankly, requires you to play under stupid circumstances. I can handle everything on tournament difficulty, except for the fact that there's no putting meter.

I guess it's "shameful" to use the level 30 perks that change your karma to get achievements in Fallout 3. I guess it's "shameful" to use the speed run method of beating the airplane graveyard spec ops mission to 3 star it in Modern Warfare 2. The list goes on and on and on and on...

Where is the save option. When I quit I lose all progress from that session.

You have to be playing a PGA TOUR tournament in Road to the Masters in order to have the save and quit option. You can't do it in any other mode (play now, course mastery).

coolhandmes
08-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Does this still work after the patch?

Edit: it does still work. It's also a good way to power level. I got something like 25k xp by using this method.