PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions/Notes (When I played it in September)

Tyger7
04-19-2011, 03:48 AM
I've played the game so I'm going to share the notes I took. This was in Alpha stage I believe some things have most likely changed. I was told it had only been the second time the game was demoed

*2 Player Co Op online or local
*1 Player, AI controls other character.
*If 1 player dies, it's game over (No revive)
*Puzzles sometimes require both players
*If you run out of mana, you cannot use spells (it does not regenerate)
*To refill mana, you must find the glowing plantlife around the environment
*You can switch characters (AI or with Co Op partner) at certain areas that allow you do to do (it's a spot randomly in the levels)
*If you use up all your arrows, there are some points in the game that will not be able to be passed since they require arrows. Hopefully they fix this in the final version
*:abut: is the default run
*After passing certain areas you cannot go back
*:xbut: and :ybut: are your attack buttons
*:lbbut: switches weapons/magic
*You can use magic arrows with the :dpad:
*The graphics seemed sort of choppy
*Hold :back: to see your current objective. They are usually very vague messages and don't help much.
*No mini map at the time I played it.
*There is no way to tell where your partner is besides communicating and guessing what the other person is talking about. Hope an inclusion of a mini map will fix this.
*No "path to objective" option
*There is 3rd person cover system that is not implemented well, and will not be used much.
*Skill trees in game
*You have the ability to melee with the bow if something gets too close
*Magic and Health is extremely hard to see and make out (on the HUD)
*There are finishing moves against enemies (on ground)

lukemadtv
04-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks for posting, it's nice to actually get a bit more info on a game that isn't really far from release. Some of these details are making me second guess my pre-order now though.

Runny
04-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Did it seem like it could turn out to be a quality game? It looks awesome so far

W1cked Seraph
04-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Considering it was 7 months ago when he played it i am betting quite a bit of that has been changed.

Perax
04-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Considering it was 7 months ago when he played it i am betting quite a bit of that has been changed.

Yeah i'm agree, probably lot of stuff changed, lot of bugs fixed and so on.

Any of you have any specific info about multiplayer?
What will co-op be?
Can you use your character from single player? :locked
Will it be a complete different story for co-op?

Well... anything you know... let me know :D

Tyger7
04-27-2011, 03:26 AM
It will be one story. During single player you have an AI partner and can switch to either of the characters you are.

Yeah, it was months ago and was in Alpha stage so they have had a good amount of time to change things up. Though from what I have played I don't see any chance for much customization. The game was only somewhat fun but of course, I was limited. I can kind of see this game being a 6 or 7 out of 10. Though some reviewers may not be as forgiving on the final product if they don't change things.

The grass for example...there are some paths that just have a slightly different colored grass. You swing your sword and it slashes it away and you have a path. I mean, it's just grass...and you can't just walk through it? Tall or not it was only a portion of the ground! It made it sometimes very hard to find the path, sometimes I would just be slashing at random parts to see if there was a path. I do hope they change that.

I'm personally probably just going to get it from Gamefly. I mean honestly I don't know if 7 months would have been enough time to completely turn that game around for all of the things I found annoying :) The thought of them even putting some of those things there in the first place baffled me. But who knows, maybe it really will get a revamp. I'm sure they've gotten enough feedback on it to know what should be passable.

DMichaels86
05-14-2011, 07:02 AM
I think this game could be an awesome co-op game. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to complete.

disturbed crow
05-14-2011, 07:23 AM
idk, i mean from the videos it looks good, but then again the videos for most games look good. hopefully it wont be as limited as the AI like resident evil, or divinity 2. also it kind gives a LOTR game feeling sorta

Com_Raven
05-30-2011, 12:10 PM
You actualyl can revive your mate in co-op; you basically throw a flsk to him, so it even works from range according to some vids.

13ip0lar
05-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Not saying the info isn't appreciated, but you even said yourself it was alpha, so I'm sure a lot of the things that could be finished with polish are/were. As far as the crappy cover system, that seems like something to me they probably wouldn't fix as that is dubbed "completed", so that's sad to hear. I was looking at getting this game, but my buddy wasn't quite sold and tbh I don't know if fresh off the shelf it warrants the cost. Seems like a good idea though, and hopefully the expand on it and make a sequel, and if there is one it rocks. :3

D347H0FL0V3
05-30-2011, 10:49 PM
All I wanna know is: Is it linear or open-world? I'm getting to where I only want to play open-world games because linear games are becoming way too short and easy.

DENAz666
05-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Is this the game thats meant to be extremely hard? I'm kind of curious... but not sure whether I'll like it or not. I like this style of game, but I won't enjoy it if its full of cheap deaths and game over's :P

scorpy78
05-31-2011, 03:38 AM
All I wanna know is: Is it linear or open-world? I'm getting to where I only want to play open-world games because linear games are becoming way too short and easy.

it's very linear

Com_Raven
05-31-2011, 11:51 AM
The way I hear it - waiting for my copy to arrive - is that the game ain't easy, but not cheap or unfair either.

rc deaths agent
05-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Is this the game thats meant to be extremely hard? I'm kind of curious... but not sure whether I'll like it or not. I like this style of game, but I won't enjoy it if its full of cheap deaths and game over's :P No worries there man. It's actually pretty hard to die alot in this game. Especially once you power up a bit.

You can only carry a couple health potions at a time but your partner can revive you if you fall as long as they have revive potions. I only died a few times the whole game. I didn't play it on the hardest difficulty though, i think it was on normal. i can see it getting verry hard all the way up.