PDA

View Full Version : DLC Content

coop diddy
04-19-2011, 06:12 AM
All credit goes to : http://www.gamepur.com/news/3416-mortal-kombat-dlc-character-details-revealed-netherrealm-studio.html

Netherrealm Studio has revealed the first DLC character for their upcoming fighting game title Mortal Kombat.

In an interview to CVG, the developer said that Mortal Kombat 2011 DLC won't be limited to simple costumes or stage addtions, and the new character they are currently working on will feature "all the good stuff".
http://www.gamepur.com/files/images/2011/mortal_kombat.jpg
Hans Lo said, "They won't be copy and pasted from characters already in the game - they're going to have their own unique fighting styles, moves, fatalities and x-rays - all the good stuff,"

"[The two we're adding] are Kenshi, who players will recognise from previous MK games, and more excitingly we're adding Scarlet.

"Anyone who knows the history of Mortal Kombat will tell you that back in the days of the arcade - when they did just palette swap characters to come up with multiple fighters in the game - there was a glitch in one of the old arcade machines that caused the Jade/Katana/Milena female ninja to glitch and turn red.

"People always thought it was a hidden unlockable character and it wasn't, it was purely a programming glitch. They've always speculated and in fact it was the fans who named her Scarlet to begin with. She's no longer a glitch - she's an actual character, and she'll be coming pretty soon post-launch."

I GameMaster l
04-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Anyone know when those characters are going to be released? :uzi::locked

BlindxLink
04-19-2011, 11:56 AM
DLC Content. Downloadable Content Content.

I hope Rain makes an appearance as DLCC sometime soon.

I like the fact that Scarlet is making her debut as well. I expect to see more of those hidden fighters from the original games making an official debut in this as DLC.

Hornbuckle! (The Liu Kang with green pants in the background of the Pit 2)

Belokk? (Scrapped character from Mortal Kombat Gold)

Meat?

Cyber Smoke?

Who knows!

TAI JASON
04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Nitara and Frost (PLEASE!!!) and a lot more from MK Deadly Alliance and MK Deception.

They got enough DLC for the next year ;)

Scarlet is very cool, a glitch get his own charakter.

Annalie
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Scarlet is very cool, a glitch get his own charakter.

Her! but im sure thats just a silly mistake.. anyways i want to see tanya.

Run BMP
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow, Tonya - what a throw back from MK4. Nice choice, i completely forgot about her

Hydrophiinae
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I would like to see Rain, and Nitara would be appreciated as well, even though I think I am the only person alive on earth who actually liked her :)

Plym
04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm VERY pleased with this.
I'm a fan of the female ninjas and adding a brand-new never-played-before character is good.
Kenshi was also the only character I've ever liked outside of the first 3 games so happy with him!

Khaos86
04-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Frost was terrible. Rain and Chameleon all the way.

coop diddy
04-19-2011, 09:55 PM
DLC Content. Downloadable Content Content.

I hope Rain makes an appearance as DLCC sometime soon.

I like the fact that Scarlet is making her debut as well. I expect to see more of those hidden fighters from the original games making an official debut in this as DLC.

Hornbuckle! (The Liu Kang with green pants in the background of the Pit 2)

Belokk? (Scrapped character from Mortal Kombat Gold)

Meat?

Cyber Smoke?

Who knows!

I got to excited to post the information. And like most people on the internet, I typed before my brain processed the information. haha. Thanks for pointing that out.

jedink
04-19-2011, 11:42 PM
mk is banned in australia and im getting the uk version, is there a way to download dlc to my 360? because i dont think australian live site will have it

Onyok
04-20-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm not pretty sure but why not try using any free US VPN... then of course using US XBL Gamertag and keep this handy: US MS Points...

Shadjuice
04-20-2011, 07:24 AM
We will see what happens. MK vs. Dc promised DLC. Never seen it. At least this game is strictly just MK though.

jswartz0181
04-20-2011, 07:28 AM
It's been confirmed long ago that we will be getting DLC in the form of Kenshi and Skarlet as the first batch, and they're in the process of making it currently (not long ago Ed Boon tweeted they were doing DLC motion capture that day; they wouldn't be doing that if they weren't going to release it). It's going to happen, don't worry.

And with the amount of teasing they were doing just a couple days ago, it's pretty safe to assume Rain will be in the second batch. They said they do read the forums out there, and Rain is a pretty highly requested character.

Armored Puma
04-20-2011, 08:15 AM
I loved playing as kenshi in.... I forgot which game, deception I think, lookin foward to him, skarlet seems like shell be a badass

db2pointO
04-20-2011, 11:44 AM
the characters i want to play as the most are kenshi, rain, and havik. seeing how kenshi has been announced all i can do is hope for the other two.

HellspawnRei
04-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Its a rumor but hey...who really knows?
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/rumor-mortal-kombat-xbox-360-exclusives-include-arena-free-dlc/

demonizer_andy
04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
il rock out kenshi alln day long

EnfantDuSiecle
04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
what i really wonder is WHEN are those thing will be available

PyreBall
04-20-2011, 04:16 PM
We will see what happens. MK vs. Dc promised DLC. Never seen it. At least this game is strictly just MK though.
In defense of the lack of MK vs DC DLC, that was from Midway and Midway no longer exists, hence no DLC.

itzrobert
04-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Nice post !!!!

ImmortalLeoman
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
what i really wonder is WHEN are those thing will be available

Yes. I want to know when I can use my man Kenshi!