PDA

View Full Version : ...Is Tutorial Mode Broken?

ApochWeiss
04-19-2011, 11:26 AM
So I'm sitting here, and I wanted to get the Tutorial achievement out of the way. It takes me to the third section with "kombos". It has me use johnny Cage and press x, x, x for a combo. I do. Nothing. I try to string the kombo with other moves. Nothing. WTF?!

Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Genba
04-19-2011, 11:32 AM
nope you're not the only one
i mashed my buttons and got it eventually

Roshan
04-19-2011, 11:34 AM
I did it after about 5 minutes.It's not broken,it's just that you must press very very fast.Or something...I played at least 20 hours of MK already I don't even remember,but now if I get to do it again I guarantee I will do from first try.

BlindxLink
04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I personally never had any troubles, but my girlfriend did. Like the others said, just mash the buttons until you get it. Gotta press X super fast.

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
So I'm sitting here, and I wanted to get the Tutorial achievement out of the way. It takes me to the third section with "kombos". It has me use johnny Cage and press x, x, x for a combo. I do. Nothing. I try to string the kombo with other moves. Nothing. WTF?!

Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I had the same problem so what I did was i tapped it 4 times and it unlocked

This be DMK
04-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Did it my first try without any trouble, just gotta press it fairly fast as everyone else said.

TAI JASON
04-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I got the problem too. I just tap with the finger very quick. The Xbox controller is crap for Beatīem upīs by the way....

kyboy
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
mine is stuck on the X,A,Y combo, keep doing it... an nothing.. it even says 3 hit combo lol

Zaxean
04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
I was having the same issue. Installing the game onto my hard drive seemed to fix the issues though

Roshan
04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I got the problem too. I just tap with the finger very quick. The Xbox controller is crap for Beatīem upīs by the way....

Beat'em up's ? Where ? This is a Fighting Game.Do you even know what Beat'em up means ?

lovemetal423
04-19-2011, 08:35 PM
I had trouble with the X, A, Y kombo but after I got fed up of not getting it, I just slid my fingers over the buttons really quickly instead of lifting my thumb after each hit and got it really easily. I still do the kombo in game like that all the time and works perfectly.

EnfantDuSiecle
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
You just have to do it really quickly or sometimes you can also push two buttons at the same time

TheUglyCasanova
04-20-2011, 02:34 AM
I got stuck there a minute too. I was using my thumb and apparently it's really slow. I had to use my main three fingers on one button each to be able to do it along with the rest of the combos. Makes me wish I had the arcade stick or a cyber thumb because i don't think I can learn to play that way after using my slow thumb for so long.

TAI JASON
04-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Beat'em up's ? Where ? This is a Fighting Game.Do you even know what Beat'em up means ?

Yeah i know what it means :rolleyes:

The genre of these type of games called Beatīem up! Do you even know what the whole video game thing is about?

@Topic

Somebody got the MK Arcade Stick? I read that itīs awesome. I think about getting such a arcade thing too. Blaze Blue, MK, Arcana Heart...i think itīs about time.

Sms4001
04-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Glad I wasn't the only one! I was stuck on that thing for ever! Even Tried a diff controller!

BsE Bloodbath
04-25-2011, 06:43 AM
I did it after about 5 minutes.It's not broken,it's just that you must press very very fast.Or something...I played at least 20 hours of MK already I don't even remember,but now if I get to do it again I guarantee I will do from first try.

This one lol

Baihu1983
04-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Mines messed up on the X,A,Y combo. Impressing them but its not reading it :mad:

RobotHacker
04-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Didnt have any issues with tutorial except trying to remember how to do a breaker move :)

vietxmikey
04-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Press the 3 buttons in succession. Technically, you finish all your button inputs before their first hits even come out. At first, I was like that to.