PDA

View Full Version : No avatar gear for Aussies

DEG23
04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Just checked the marketplace and there is a few pieces for the rest of the world but once again Australians miss out. And this makes sense as a little cartoon character standing perfectly still in a ninja outfit is just too horrific for all us Aussie children to see:mad:

Although have to say, I thought there would have been more costumes besides the scorpion and sub ones

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Just checked the marketplace and there is a few pieces for the rest of the world but once again Australians miss out. And this makes sense as a little cartoon character standing perfectly still in a ninja outfit is just too horrific for all us Aussie children to see:mad:

Although have to say, I thought there would have been more costumes besides the scorpion and sub ones

That sucks because there pretty sweet I guess its because you guys are not getting the game, They banned the outfits too?

TAI JASON
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM

In Germany we got that too. No Gears, Crackdown, Mortal Kombat....no Avatar stuff for all forbidden games...

Itīs just stupid....

Armored Puma
04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
That seriously sucks, sounds like australlia is turning into korea in terms of censoring

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 12:57 PM
To me it make absolutely no sense to ban the avatar stuff, Hopefully something will happen and you guys will end up getting all the goodies

TAI JASON
04-19-2011, 01:38 PM
To me it make absolutely no sense to ban the avatar stuff, Hopefully something will happen and you guys will end up getting all the goodies

Itīs the law in our countryīs and the youth protection is hard. If a game goes on a index list everything is forbidden. Gamer pics, themes, avatar stuff, add-ons and so on...

Thats why some of us use VPN servers to dowload something from other marketplaces. Avatar stuff is bound to the profile so we canīt use it. Mortal Kombat....Gears of War.....Crackdown....itīs stupid, but we can do nothing against it.

Bunglist
04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm an Aussie and i've put in my order from GAME UK, which has been dispatched. Praying it gets here!

CYBER GRIMM
04-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Itīs the law in our countryīs and the youth protection is hard. If a game goes on a index list everything is forbidden. Gamer pics, themes, avatar stuff, add-ons and so on...

Thats why some of us use VPN servers to dowload something from other marketplaces. Avatar stuff is bound to the profile so we canīt use it. Mortal Kombat....Gears of War.....Crackdown....itīs stupid, but we can do nothing against it.

they really like to hammer you guys down under when it when it comes to graphic content etc. personally i think its totally unfair.

DeanBriggz
04-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Poor Aussies :/ censorship for the lose.

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Well I honestly don't see the point in the ban of certain countries, One way or another you guys will find away around it and still end up getting the game, Hopefully those of you in those restricted areas will find away around and enjoy this fighter of the year

TAI JASON
04-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Well I honestly don't see the point in the ban of certain countries, One way or another you guys will find away around it and still end up getting the game, Hopefully those of you in those restricted areas will find away around and enjoy this fighter of the year

Yeah, luckly we can play the game in germany online. Put in the code in an Austria profile....argh! itīs all so stupid. Itīs just a game and not a serious one with realistic style of killing humans. Import from other countryīs....always the same.

Gears 3 goes the same way....

EnfantDuSiecle
04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
man this sucks, I just can't understand the censorship thing and how they don't give credit to they're people and their judgment when it comes to decide wheter to buy or not a video game. i mean is kinda the same with movies rating

Annalie
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Well i live in the america and i haven't seen an update to the avatar market place yet.... i want my mileena costume dammit!!! i really hope im not stuck with this shitty scorpion costume....

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Well i live in the america and i haven't seen an update to the avatar market place yet.... i want my mileena costume dammit!!! i really hope im not stuck with this shitty scorpion costume....

Current Costumes out are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Ermac Mask, Shao khan Head Gear, Mk T-Shirt

Annalie
04-19-2011, 02:57 PM
What? that's it..... there better be more shit coming or i will be highly upset.

littlejay
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM
silly avatar stuff got banned but you are not missing much. i guess mostly due to me not liking avatar stuff that covers your face. it's not very original to have a whole suit that makes your avatar a direct clone of everyone else that is wearing the same thing.

that and these costumes don't look very good for avatars

Tankore
04-19-2011, 04:06 PM
While i agree that it sucks that everything gets banned over there in Australia, your not really missing out on anything good. Only Scorpion and Sub-Zero are available. I though that there was going to be an outfit for each character, kind of like how there are helmets for the different types in halo but there isn't.

ShaolinShadow
04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Hopefully they'll add more later on, As of right now I like the Scorpion & Sub-Zero