PDA

View Full Version : Story modes shao kahn!!!

TerreBullet
04-19-2011, 06:51 PM
30 mins and i'm tired of it now any tips on how to beat him with raiden? chapter 16 is just insane

Roshan
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
I spammed that Lighting Bolt and that ability you fly into him and push him ( can't remember the name ) .Some teleports when I saw him coming.That's all.Try to stay very far of him so he taunts.Also play on Beginner.

NightStalker666
04-19-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=306398

evo_4
04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
If it doesnt affect the achievement you can go to options and set difficulty to easy for story mode.;)

kain_da_damaja
04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
You need to keep moving during the entire match. If you stand still on the ground for more than 2 seconds, he will chuck the hammer at you, which cannot be blocked. Also, DO NOT get stuck in a corner,as he will spam you with the hammer and shoulder block moves. If you do need to jump in the air, make sure you press a punch button to prevent him from hitting you. If your punch does not connect, and he doesn't hit you, you will land on his opposite side with time to land a combo. Lastly, save your x-ray for when he is at half or slighlty less than half energy. if you lead with a good 3-4 hit combo and execute the x-ray, he will be toast. Hope this helps

MLG=Most Likely Gay
04-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Teleport+UppercutTeleport+UppercutTeleport+Uppercu tTeleport+UppercutTeleport+UppercutTeleport+Upperc utTeleport+UppercutTeleport+UppercutTeleport+Upper cutTeleport+UppercutTeleport+UppercutTeleport+Uppe rcutTeleport+UppercutTeleport+UppercutTeleport+Upp ercutTeleport+Uppercut

You will win, he gets mixed up.

Tyler FC
04-20-2011, 08:04 PM
teleport.................then what?????? Just kidding. Its pretty sad the only way to really beat him is to keep spaming. Hes a pain in the ass!!!!

EnfantDuSiecle
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
You need to keep moving during the entire match. If you stand still on the ground for more than 2 seconds, he will chuck the hammer at you, which cannot be blocked. Also, DO NOT get stuck in a corner,as he will spam you with the hammer and shoulder block moves. If you do need to jump in the air, make sure you press a punch button to prevent him from hitting you. If your punch does not connect, and he doesn't hit you, you will land on his opposite side with time to land a combo. Lastly, save your x-ray for when he is at half or slighlty less than half energy. if you lead with a good 3-4 hit combo and execute the x-ray, he will be toast. Hope this helps

sounds really good... ahhhh i hate his hammer!!!!!! :mad:

Tyler FC
04-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Hammer time!!!! should be his theme song when he comes out!!!

BloodGodAlucard
04-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, you pretty much just have to spam the crap out of him. I really hate that they made him that stupidly cheap. I hope he isn't this much of a pain in the Challenge Tower.

StickyFingers
04-20-2011, 09:18 PM
keep distance, fire lighting bolt.

If he taunts, lighting bolt or teleport then uppercut or the torpedo

If he throws hammer or projectile, teleport then uppercut or the torpedo

Watch out for his super bar, if it's full he will use his x ray move, when he does and you react well to it, teleport or/and torpedo him.

To be honest, he is a bitch, but I have beaten him with these tactics. Both him and me had no life left, and we both shoot our projectiles, I got lucky.

xxcrzy1xx
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Does it hurt the story line achieves to have it on beginner? or does it need to be at least easy?

neubourn
04-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Does it hurt the story line achieves to have it on beginner? or does it need to be at least easy?

nope, difficulty doesnt matter for story achievements.

And i beat SK by spamming Raiden's Electric Fly :dleft::dright::abut:
keep doing that over and over...keep him at distance, shouldnt be a problem.

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 04:20 AM
None of these have worked for me so far. Uppercut>Teleport? He hammers me to death, either by throwing it or pushing me into a corner with shoulder block and beating me to death. Lightning bolt? Block, shoulder block, hammer, or he'll conveniently throw his spear at the exact time that I fire my bolt, making blocking it impossible. Air Fly? Hammer throw, shoulder check, beat down. Jump/punch? Punch fail resulting in shoulder block/beat down. And don't even get me started on the teleport fails (Jumping like a retard while getting beat down).

And the hold block and timeout method is fail. The hammer throw is unblockable.

I hate this guy.

DOPE BOI
04-21-2011, 05:22 AM
I found that projectile spamming is the easiest way to beat him for me, that goes for story or ladder. I fought like a bitch because he plays like one. You jump he does his shoulder rise, you stay on the ground he spams hammers, you fight toe to toe and he shoulder charges, punches and kicks and uses the hammer, and wont let you get up.

Kahn, Noob, and Ermac will spam their moves to no end.

Still it a great game.

Z GrayFox Z
04-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Easiest way I did was teleport and sweep, again, and again. See if that works for you

ElvisOfTheDead
04-21-2011, 06:28 AM
I'm not even that far yet and he's driving me nuts with Liu Kang!

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Kahn, Noob, and Ermac will spam their moves to no end.

Still it a great game.

You forgot Scorpion.

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 06:40 AM
I actually ended up beating him. I realized the default setting for Story is Medium so I changed it to Beginner and stayed full screen away from him as much as possible. I discovered doing that can make him taunt the entire match, so even one successful projectile his way will give you the timeout k.o. others were talking about.

Vulger Spartan
04-21-2011, 07:34 AM
30 mins and i'm tired of it now any tips on how to beat him with raiden? chapter 16 is just insane

Yeah thats what i was thinking the whole time Kahn is a super-Bitch to beat. I just Replayed about 10 time, got the hang of his HAmmer & Spear moves.

+F*ckin hate that GREEN SPEAR+

I'm just glad he doesnt have the Green fireball he'd spit in MKII & U/MK3.

When I was in Arcade Mode & playing as Night Wolf & having a hell of a Time Against Kahn, Lost 3 Times But the 1st Time he Did His Fatality: RIPPING ME IN HALF WITH HIS BARE HANDS! I peed a little out of Fear

HanzoHasashi
04-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Shao Kahn is actually pretty easy with the teleport / uppercut spam. Wait until he performs one of his distance or taunt (as you should be way on the other side) moves, teleport (down,up) & immediately perform the uppercut. rinse/repeat ... Cheap but works! Timing is the key.

Keldroc
04-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Teleport + Uppercut will work every single time he throws the hammer. It's the only one of his moves with significant recovery time. Stay on the other side of the screen (use Electric Fly in the air to get away if he backs you into the corner), and just be patient and wait for the hammer. Ducking will cause the spears to fly right over you. Chances are time will run out before you can get his life down to zero, but you should be well ahead of him in life by that point.

stonesour87
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
He is a bigger pain on challenge tower than story mode by far especially when you have to take on an army of shao khans on one of the missions lol

lovemetal423
04-21-2011, 03:01 PM
i am not looking forward to fighting him to get the expert achievement. the full screen distance projectile spam works best for me. i hate spamming attacks but it's the only way to beat him because he spams that hammer so much. im extremely happy that he isnt a playable character because i would refuse to play online if he was

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 03:47 PM
im extremely happy that he isnt a playable character because i would refuse to play online if he was

It's been my experience with past MK games that when the bosses are playable they aren't nearly as threatening as when they are bot controlled. Another example of this was Eyedol from Killer Instinct, he was severely watered down when you played as him.

GDMFS0AB
04-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah, you pretty much just have to spam the crap out of him. I really hate that they made him that stupidly cheap. I hope he isn't this much of a pain in the Challenge Tower.

Shao Khan has always been cheap! So this should not be a surprise for anyone.

neubourn
04-21-2011, 06:56 PM
+F*ckin hate that GREEN SPEAR+

Duck. Spear cant hit you.

Ricey-BFD
04-21-2011, 08:22 PM
He's a fukin nob. Played by a 4 year old doin the same moves over and over

omegamustard
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Use a barrel roll keep doing the superman move where you fly into him. That worked for me. For the battle with Lui Kang, spam his low fireball.

EnfantDuSiecle
04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
teleport ad hit him with a 4 hit combo. avoid his spears or arrows and hammer jumping and everytime he speaks or points at your character do the electric fly. if you don't beat him luckily the time will be over and you'll have more energy so you'll win

ChaosTheoryV2X
04-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Clearly everyone has faced at least some frustration on him ;) good to know. I didn't even know you could change difficult so not sure what I was on so anyways this is how I finnally did it: Basically you just teleport constantly until you catch him offguard (you'll learn after a few rounds when hes offguard" and just kick him in the back w/ A and there ya go. Sometimes I through in a <>A for good measure ;)