PDA

View Full Version : When can you tell that a redeemable code is actually non-redeemable?

stuhp
04-19-2011, 10:38 PM
I ask this because I recently bought a new controller - the Halo: Reach edition controller - and it came with a redeemable code for a Banshee avatar prop. Since I already have a Falcon for an avatar prop, I had the idea of maybe selling the code on eBay (sorry, can't trade on here - against the forum rules).

The code doesn't have an expiration date on it, though, so I didn't know whether or not it would be safe to sell it online. Wouldn't want to sell a non-redeemable code, now would we? I haven't yet touched the code myself, because the last non-redeemable code I had (back during 1 vs 100, when they were having that Shadow Complex giveaway) went so far to preview what the code was for and give me the choice to download it (which meant it was the right code), and then tell me it was non-redeemable after I pressed to download. That was a special incident, though, if you ask me.

So, from experience, can anyone tell me just when you are properly told that a correct, supposedly redeemable code is actually non-redeemable? Thanks in advance for the info :)

DragonsGoMOO
04-19-2011, 10:44 PM
As far as I'm concerned, when you enter it and wait for the suspense.
No expiration date, so it's really hard to tell.

I bought a game and it offered me 2 days live. I didn't use it. Months later, I tried, and it said "no good". So I'm guessing, my opinion/probably not true, that it's from the date of purchase? 30 days, 3 months limit?

I can see how that's confusing and hard to rely on, but that seemed to be what happened to me. Maybe I got a bad code or I already used it or someone else did and didn't tell me.
I hope someone gives a good answer, because I'd like to know as well.

guillermo316
04-19-2011, 10:52 PM
i got the game of the year edition of borderlands and put in the code but it said invalid so i don't if i did something wrong or what

DragonsGoMOO
04-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Did you buy it used? You'll never get the DLCs if you buy a used game that comes with a code.

Try again. It should be fine. Something like Borderlands shouldn't be faulty...

Corrupt.
04-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Try typing the code in. When the code is in you will have the option to redeem it if you want. If it works it will ask if you want to redeem, you can always decline and the code is still usable.

DragonsGoMOO
04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Try typing the code in. When the code is in you will have the option to redeem it if you want. If it works it will ask if you want to redeem, you can always decline and the code is still usable.

Really? I don't remember that... That's interesting. I don't get many codes, so yeah. But I like that. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that next time I try a code.

Good to hear these things.

stuhp
04-19-2011, 11:26 PM

Just gave it a go, and it asked if I wanted to redeem the Banshee avatar prop. Didn't redeem it, of course, but that incident with the Shadow Complex still has me a little doubtful.

Thanks anyhow :)

Corrupt.
04-19-2011, 11:28 PM
You could let me have it for helping you lol ;)

stuhp
04-19-2011, 11:37 PM
You could let me have it for helping you lol ;)

lol I wish I could. But I'm unfortunately tight on money, so if there's a way to make some, I have to take it :p

Corrupt.
04-19-2011, 11:54 PM
lol I wish I could. But I'm unfortunately tight on money, so if there's a way to make some, I have to take it :p

Only joking anyway dude, I like my Duke Nukem jetpack to mutch anyway...

DragonsGoMOO
04-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the solution, Corrupt x360a, and thank you for testing it out, stuhp.

Can this thread be closed now as it has no further purpose?

stuhp
04-20-2011, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the solution, Corrupt x360a, and thank you for testing it out, stuhp.

It'll die out on its own, granted that no one else posts in it anymor-

oops. :D

Corrupt.
04-20-2011, 03:06 AM

Threads don't need to be closed unless there is a need to, such as it being abused or going off topic. If the mods want to close it they will.

guillermo316
04-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Did you buy it used? You'll never get the DLCs if you buy a used game that comes with a code.

Try again. It should be fine. Something like Borderlands shouldn't be faulty...

No i bought it new, i don't know with duke nukem the beta code.

DragonsGoMOO
04-20-2011, 03:15 AM
I still think it should be closed so that other threads can move up and threads that serve no more purpose can move down.

You should enter the codes again. Call up the place.