PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

A CorpseMess
04-19-2011, 11:58 PM
When I play games, or grinding, and I know I'm not close to an achievement popping I swear I hear the sound of an achievement.

I know there's a similar thread for this but all they speak about is when they're not playing any video game.

When I'm in certain 360 games, mainly Prey I think, I kept hearing it, if that's because some of the tunes or sound effects reminds me of an achievement I do not know, but it's just really weird though.

Chaos MAN
04-20-2011, 12:11 AM
When I play games, or grinding, and I know I'm not close to an achievement popping I swear I hear the sound of an achievement.

I know there's a similar thread for this but all they speak about is when they're not playing any video game.

When I'm in certain 360 games, mainly Prey I think, I kept hearing it, if that's because some of the tunes or sound effects reminds me of an achievement I do not know, but it's just really weird though.
When I was doing my 1,500 games in Fracture I heard that noise all the time.

AssassinGnome
04-20-2011, 12:58 AM

Yeah same here at least on easy games like lego games only to find out that lovely noise was a friend sign in...

Hitchman
04-20-2011, 01:37 AM
I hear that noise all the time. Its also my text notification, so I even hear it when im not at home.

Muhnamana
04-20-2011, 01:59 AM
I hear that noise all the time. Its also my text notification, so I even hear it when im not at home.

Text notification? For you phone? If so, where'd you find that at?

davhugh
04-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Haha yeah happens all the time, worst is when friend signs on right when you're expecting to get an achievement.

Starstrukk X360A
04-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Happens to me all the time, especially if I get a text.

I have my phone's text notification sound set to the achievement unlocked sound and whenever I hear the sound I need to check both my phone and the TV to see which one it was that made it.

If it's neither, then it's a sound in-game or something else that's slightly similar enough that I instantly think it's the actual sound.

Muhnamana
04-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Happens to me all the time, especially if I get a text.

I have my phone's text notification sound set to the achievement unlocked sound and whenever I hear the sound I need to check both my phone and the TV to see which one it was that made it.

If it's neither, then it's a sound in-game or something else that's slightly similar enough that I instantly think it's the actual sound.

Ahhhh, tell me where you got your phone notification sound from?

Or is this only if you have a WP7?

Corrupt.
04-20-2011, 03:00 AM
Its just you :D

Glandir
04-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah, I hear it even when I'm not on xbox :(

leeingham
04-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Text notification? For you phone? If so, where'd you find that at?

http://centracomm.cachefly.net/majornelson/2007/Achievement-mp3-sound.mp3

Muhnamana
04-20-2011, 01:27 PM
http://centracomm.cachefly.net/majornelson/2007/Achievement-mp3-sound.mp3

Sweet! Thanks for posting the link. Now to figure out if I can use this with the iPhone....hmmm?

leeingham
04-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Sweet! Thanks for posting the link. Now to figure out if I can use this with the iPhone....hmmm?

1 question - have you jail breaked your phone?

if the answer is no then you cant use it you have to use the standard apple ones, if its yes then you can but given mine isnt jail breaked I cant tell you how but it cant be too hard :Bounce:

Muhnamana
04-20-2011, 01:47 PM
1 question - have you jail breaked your phone?

if the answer is no then you cant use it you have to use the standard apple ones, if its yes then you can but given mine isnt jail breaked I cant tell you how but it cant be too hard :Bounce:
Yeah I had a feeling you needed to do that in order to use it. No mines not jail broken and have no desire to either.

Thanks though for the link. I can use this as my email notification at work!

minigolfhool
04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Some games seem to have really similar sounds - which in turn drives me crazy.

C0NTR4CTK1LL4
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Not really I gotta start working on mine.

zoopilandia
04-20-2011, 10:28 PM
It's not only you, man. Happens to me every time when I try to get an achievement I really hate. Also when I have a new game. I don't mind it though, "achievement unlocked" is one of the sweetest sound ever. :D

balance13
04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Happens to me.... then I realized that a friend signed in.

Cptalbertwesker
04-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I hate it when a friend signs in, even if I know I'm nowhere near an achievement I still think I've unlocked one :P