PDA

View Full Version : The Bourne Conspiracy - First Screens

angry
06-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Sorry if posted in wrong thread but could not find this game listed in the games comming out.

Sierra/Vivendi has just released some teaser screens from their recently announced Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy which combines moments from the best-selling novel and hit film The Bourne Identity which stars Matt Damon. The game looks like offering lots of action, stealth and a thriller like plot to keep us hooked.

Link 1: http://www.n4g.com/ViewImage-O47907-I47908.aspx

Vivendi division Sierra have today announced a new official game based on the Jason Bourne espionage series, starring Matt Damon, the latest of which is due out later this summer. The game has been confirmed for release in summer 2008 on the PS3 and Xbox 360, and is being developed by High Moon Studios.

In a nod to the stealth-action of Ubisoft's Tom Clancy titles, the game's full title will be Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy, and a similar fusion of espionage-plot led stealth-action seems to be on the cards. VU also promise the game will take stylistic cues from the "aggressive filmmaking and frenetic action" of the movie.
In the new title, players will discover Bourne’s true identity and experience the very moment he became "a malfunctioning weapon, first hunting targets around the world as a deadly government assassin then marking himself as his agency’s most wanted."
"With Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Conspiracy we are not just basing a game on Ludlum’s franchise, we are building upon the universe he introduced with The Bourne Identity," said Peter Della Penna, president of High Moon Studios. "High Moon has collaborated closely with Mr. Ludlum’s estate holders, the guardians of his creative vision, since the day we began to develop the game. The goal of that collaboration has been to create a videogame that takes inspiration from known elements within the Bourne universe, elements that have captivated more than a quarter of a billion people around the world, with original story and game play that establishes a signature Jason Bourne game experience. Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Conspiracy is our installment to the series and is meant to reside on its own within the Bourne entertainment library."
Lashings of stealth is on the cards, along with high-pressure scenarios, and a combat system that promises to move seamlessly between shooting and hand-to-hand fighting. More news is promised at E3 and in next month's Official Xbox Magazine. More soon, then.

Source:

Link: http://www.n4g.com/News-47907.aspx

Webb
06-30-2007, 07:21 PM
He looks nothing like Bourne, AKA Matt Damon.... Hmmmmm

ilski
06-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm glad the in-game Bourne doesn't look like Matt Damon. The shots look good with the exception of the third one. I don't like the looks of those three military cats. Hard to tell from a still shot but it looks like they are moving very 'last gen'.

Cyrex
06-30-2007, 11:14 PM
He looks nothing like Bourne, AKA Matt Damon.... Hmmmmm

he's not suppose too, i read the article in the OXM this month about the Bourne game and they said that they did not want to make him look like Damon at all because Matt Damon is not "menacing" enough

Lokstir
06-30-2007, 11:38 PM
he's not suppose too, i read the article in the OXM this month about the Bourne game and they said that they did not want to make him look like Damon at all because Matt Damon is not "menacing" enough

not menacing enough, lmao i actually broke out laughing at that, its true its just funny

x McGrim x
07-01-2007, 07:39 AM
"MATT DAMON!" /Team America:World Police Voice

I've seen all of the movies so far and I have to say that I look forward to the game, although I'm sure that it will probably be the usual licensed fare. Hopefully it still offers the adrenaline-style action of the series!

Tiamat66
07-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I think the developers missed part of the point of Matt Damon having the role. Bourne isn't supposed to look menacing, or anything else. He does espionage and assassin work. He isn't supposed to stand out in a crowd.

I'm sure alot of people don't like Damon because he is supposed to be a 'pretty boy' or something of that nature. But honestly, I think that the Bourne series is the best action movie series made in about 15 years. I honestly couldn't see anyone else in the role.

With the game, I don't rely on screen shots. Unless I can see the game in motion, I'm going to hold off on wether it sucks or not...