PDA

View Full Version : Tower Challenges

Snabes
04-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Just finished the tower and I can honestly say that (Challenge 269 and 275) were the most difficult challenges in the game without a doubt. I'll be sharing with you how to pass these challenges to help you net 20G :)

*****Spoilers*****

269: This Is Insane!
Defeat an army of Shao Kahns.

Okay as the match starts take a jump back and use Stryker's "Gun Shot" (Back, Forward, X Button). Just keep spamming this. This should start creating some separation between you and Shao Kahn. If it doesn't, force the issue and try to go into a corner by jumping backwards once and using Stryker's "Gun Shot". Keep spamming and Shao Kahn will and can only hit you with either a hammer or spear toss. This is important because the spear can be avoided if you input Stryker's "Gun Shot" fast enough. If he decides to throw the hammer, you must jump to avoid it since it's an unblockable attack. If a spear gets by, press the Right Trigger to block. After you defeat a Shao Kahn another will quickly take his place. Jump over him and start heading the other way and continue what you were doing. As soon as you get to Third Shao Kahn, try to use your X-Ray on him right away to lower his health. You want around half your health when you get to the last Kahn. Also, if you mess up do not improvise. Just keep doing what you have been and it will turn out alright.

Challenge 275: Army Of What?
Defeat an army of Goros.

Strategy 1
Very similar to the Challenge 269 but you're going to be doing the opposite. Get close to him and use "Surrender" (A,X,Y). Important note: Never jump in this challenge. This will lead to you being stuck in a combo more than half the time. As the match begins try to get the first strike. If you don't, retry. If you were able to land the Y attack of the combo, initiate the combo again. If he blocks the Y attack of the comb, block low instantly. He'll only use three moves: a spinning three hit combo, a two hit uppercut, or a low kick. This is important because when he done doing when of those moves, you have to spam Ermac's "Surrender" (A,X,Y) combo. When you are fighting the first Goro, use your X-Ray when he has about 20% health. It should knock him out. As soon as this happens know exactly where you defeated him, if you defeated him in a corner jump backwards. If you didn't jump forwards. I say this because another Goro will spawn instantly next to you and will do some big damage if you don't move quickly. If the second Goro hits you right at the beginning and you have less than half your health, just retry the match because from my experience, the Goro's will do too much chip damage for you to be effective. With the last Goro, he'll do the same as the second Goro, spawn next to you. So figure out where to jump instantly (jump backwards if you killed him in a corner, forward if you didn't). Then do what you normally have been doing but treat him like the first Goro. Use your X-Ray when he has about 20% left. If all goes well you'll pass this challenge. This challenge does require some luck but if you can block all of their attacks you'll have a good chance of passing it.

If for some reason you're having trouble with stratgey 1, try strategy 2 suggested by Ayx.

Strategy 2
Following the combo from strategy 1:
If be blocks the Surrender's Y hit you can jump over his head and 90% of the time he will end up doing one of his three moves. If he does the 3 Hit just Forward Dash and rinse and repeat. With that technique I managed to get two flawless until he hit a 3 hitter because I didn't kick. Blocking risks getting hit overtime for the 3rd Goro so Jumping after a blocked Surrender is much more effective

Challenge 300: End Game
Defeat your opponents.

You must allow the computer to defeat you and then choose retry. Do not press start and choose retry. After you fail a bunch of times, the enemies become brain dead and you'll be able to regenerate health. I used Raiden, jumped over the Goro and Kintaro and spammed uppercut. When I got to Mileena, I just spam Raiden's attack where he flies across the screen (Back, Forward, A) I believe. When you get to Shao Kahn, jump over his attacks and spam uppercut and try to mix in Raiden flying across the screen if he happens to hit you, and use your X-Ray if you still have it. There, piece of cake.

If anything is unclear please feel free to ask questions. If you guys have any problems with any other challenges feel free to ask and I'll try to add them in. Happy hunting!

DeathPr00f
04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
help me with 185! plz spent an hour doing it and cant get passed it

evo_4
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
I think they are piece of cake. You already mentioned the tactics.
How about the 300th? I think its the most difficult one, because of Mileena and one life bar to 4 kombatants.
Whats your tip for 300th?

Snabes
04-20-2011, 09:31 AM
help me with 185! plz spent an hour doing it and cant get passed it

Start the battle by jumping towards your oppenent and using any A,B,X,Y button. After that, just use the Uppercut attack (Down+Y) this should get you through most of the battle. When you reach Goro and Kintaro, just jump over them and uppercut. Save your X-Ray for Kintaro. Use it when he has about 30% damage and that should seal the deal.

Snabes
04-20-2011, 09:39 AM
I think they are piece of cake. You already mentioned the tactics.
How about the 300th? I think its the most difficult one, because of Mileena and one life bar to 4 kombatants.
Whats your tip for 300th?

You must allow the them to defeat you and then choose retry. Do not press start and choose retry. After you fail a bunch of times the enemies become brain dead and you'll be able to regenerate health. I used Raiden, jumped over the Goro and Kintaro and spammed uppercut. When I got to Mileena, just spam Raiden's attack where he flies across the screen (Back, Forward, A) I believe. When you get to Shao Kahn spam uppercut and try to mix in Raiden flying across the screen and use your X-Ray if you still have it. There, piece of cake.

evo_4
04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
You must allow the them to defeat you and then choose retry. Do not press start and choose retry. After you fail a bunch of times the enemies become brain dead and you'll be able to regenerate health. I used Raiden, jumped over the Goro and Kintaro and spammed uppercut. When I got to Mileena, just spam Raiden's attack where he flies across the screen (Back, Forward, A) I believe. When you get to Shao Kahn spam uppercut and try to mix in Raiden flying across the screen and use your X-Ray if you still have it. There, piece of cake.
Thats the sweetest thing i heard today. I always retrying it when i got low on health not before death. Thanks my friend.:)

DivinityCycle
04-21-2011, 09:48 PM
I can confirm that Floor 300 does get easier if you die and then retry a bunch (like 10+ times). Did anyone else NOT get the big gold reward for beating Floor 300? I got like no money for beating it. I think you only get the big reward if you finish off ALL the floors (I skipped probably 10 of them). Anyone know?

Snabes
04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I can confirm that Floor 300 does get easier if you die and then retry a bunch (like 10+ times). Did anyone else NOT get the big gold reward for beating Floor 300? I got like no money for beating it. I think you only get the big reward if you finish off ALL the floors (I skipped probably 10 of them). Anyone know?

I believe my reward in koins was 10,000.

Ayx
04-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Important note: Never jump in this challenge. Actually, if be blocks the Surrender's Y hit you can jump over his head and 90% of the time he will end up doing one of his three moves. If he does the 3 Hit just Forward Dash and rinse and repeat. With that technique I managed to get two flawless until he hit a 3 hitter because I didn't kick. Blocking risks getting hit overtime for the 3rd Goro so Jumping after a blocked Surrender is much more effective.

Snabes
04-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Actually, if be blocks the Surrender's Y hit you can jump over his head and 90% of the time he will end up doing one of his three moves. If he does the 3 Hit just Forward Dash and rinse and repeat. With that technique I managed to get two flawless until he hit a 3 hitter because I didn't kick. Blocking risks getting hit overtime for the 3rd Goro so Jumping after a blocked Surrender is much more effective.

Hmm. I always had bad luck whenever I jumped and he would chain into a combo. Do you mind if I add your technique into the first my first post as a different way to pass the mission? You'll be credited for your solution.

Ayx
04-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Hmm. I always had bad luck whenever I jumped and he would chain into a combo. Do you mind if I add your technique into the first my first post as a different way to pass the mission? You'll be credited for your solution.No credit needed, you came up with the combo to make that challenge a breeze. I really got bored crossing my fingers with the telekinesis slam.

Snabes
04-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Still credited you since it is a helpful strategy.

reed225
04-22-2011, 05:42 AM
i need help with 293

Snabes
04-22-2011, 05:55 AM
i need help with 293

Sorry. I'm not near my xbox at the moment. Can you tell me what the mission is or I can post a solution by tomorrow in about 12 hours.

reed225
04-22-2011, 05:56 AM
well you have to hit sektor in the head 30 times with cyber sub

Snabes
04-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Ah ok. Well what I did is I jumped toward him while hitting Y in the air. When I would land I would use the uppercut. Rinse and repeat. Even if the Jump+Y doesn't hit, still attempt the uppercut. If you got him in a corner, spam uppercut. Took me two or three tries. Need a little luck but not to bad.

reed225
04-22-2011, 06:06 AM
ok, thank you