PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops & Kinect Help

leeingham
04-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I have a Kinect set up which obviously has a mic, camera etc built in so when I go to play Black Ops it picks up general conversation in the room as if I have a mic connected which can get fairly ennoying after a while.

Anyways of disabling this apart from disconnecting kinect everytime I wanna play?

Nozza XBA
04-20-2011, 09:19 AM
If you press the guide button and scroll to the right I think, you should get some Kinect settings/set up. In there you can turn stuff on and off.

The Kinect is ok as a mic, but its picks everything up. I don't actually like it so much when I hear my mate on it, and I tell him to put on his headset! Its good if you're playing Kinect games, or just want to chat but other than that, it sounds distant and picks every sound up!

leeingham
04-20-2011, 09:26 AM
The thing is I dont wanna use it as a mic as if so would just use a headset. I just wanna be able to turn the mic off so it doesnt work when im playing BO.

Boylin
04-20-2011, 12:12 PM
In Kinect settings (Dashboard > My Xbox > Settings) there's an option to use it for chat, just turn that option off

leeingham
04-20-2011, 01:43 PM
In Kinect settings (Dashboard > My Xbox > Settings) there's an option to use it for chat, just turn that option off

Many Thanks!

Boylin
04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Many Thanks!

No worries, always glad to help