PDA

View Full Version : Any Australians with MK9???

SevenJesterHats
04-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Did any Australians pre-order a copy of MK9 and received it without gettin a fine???
i chicken'ed out :P but i will be gettin it few months down the track...

Bunglist
04-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Not yet, but i've ordered it and it's been sent. Will let you know!

SevenJesterHats
04-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Not yet, but i've ordered it and it's been sent. Will let you know!

Nice one :D did u order the kollection's edition? if so where from?

Bunglist
04-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Nice one :D did u order the kollection's edition? if so where from?

Nah I just got the standard. Preordered from GAME. Got the bonus codes, don't know if they wll work or not though.

Wrinklefighter
04-21-2011, 10:29 PM
My heart goes out to my fellow gamers in the part of the world. That's a rough country to live in if you like quality gaming.

RedDragon4275
04-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Isn't the game part of your Contraband list? How are you going to receive it if that's the case?

SevenJesterHats
04-27-2011, 02:42 AM
Isn't the game part of your Contraband list? How are you going to receive it if that's the case?

I heard its fine if you order just one copy of the game, but to order up a bunch of copies and re sell them here(Australia). You will get caught and fined.

So as long as u order one, we can get the game? any australians got it yet?

DEG23
04-27-2011, 03:56 AM
I heard its fine if you order just one copy of the game, but to order up a bunch of copies and re sell them here(Australia). You will get caught and fined.

So as long as u order one, we can get the game? any australians got it yet?

Few people here have got it:
http://forums.xbox.com/36244477/ShowPost.aspx
After reading this i decided to give it a try, i'm tracking the shipping and it's on its way to Australia now, fingers crossed it gets through customs over the next few days.

xshadowscreamx
04-27-2011, 04:08 AM
maybe someday when i have the devices, i am encouraging all interested australian's to do so, to teach the confused government a lesson retail and how the australian retail stores will suffer if thay dont change the current broken classification system that was made in the 90's.

Bunglist
04-27-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, but I wasn't expecting to have received it yet, what with the 5 day public holiday weekend.

Burning Revolver
04-27-2011, 05:18 AM
Go get that game and stick it to the man! :p

Seriously though, it sucks you guys in Australia can't just get it by regular means and have to import the game.

sleepymexican45
04-27-2011, 09:46 AM
You know a game is BADASS when it's banned from another country :cool:

DEG23
04-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Just checked the tracking and my copy has cleared customs and is currently in the back of a Fed Ex truck inbound to my house. :woop:

(Raises middle finger to Australian Govt & shouts "MORTAL KOMBAT")

Tussell
04-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Man, that really sucks. Australia is a horrible place for gamers I guess. Glad I don't have to put up with that shit.

jswartz0181
04-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Just checked the tracking and my copy has cleared customs and is currently in the back of a Fed Ex truck inbound to my house. :woop:

(Raises middle finger to Australian Govt & shouts "MORTAL KOMBAT")
Congrats on getting it through! Unless of course the package that's being tracked was replaced with one from the government that has a middle finger at you. ;)

count23
04-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Where'd you order it from DEG23? I was going to order a few copies from play-asia.com, but I'm not sure of the exact region/version to get first :)

I have read that some people have ordered boxes of 20+ versions and had them clear customs (Not kidding here, at all!)

DEG23
04-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Where'd you order it from DEG23? I was going to order a few copies from play-asia.com, but I'm not sure of the exact region/version to get first :)

I have read that some people have ordered boxes of 20+ versions and had them clear customs (Not kidding here, at all!)

Got mine from Play Asia, the US version. The website says that all versions including the asian version are region free for Xbox but i went with the US version cos i'm not sure what language the asian version was in. Also paid extra for Fed Ex so i could track it but i don't think that matters, probably just takes longer to ship for the standard snail mail.

Haven't heard of anyone ordering bulk amounts but few of my friends ordered the standard on PS3 then got either the kollectors or tournament edition for 360 and they all passed customs no worries.

Drucifer82
04-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Being that the topic of Australians having/not having MK9 is quite popular, I'm adding it to the FAQ.

Ehrenfried
05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
You all feel sorry for the poor australians?
HA!

What about the germans?
We're here in a far more worse situation then the people from down under.

Here in germany the game also has no age classification/rating,
so it is NOT possible for me to play the game online.
And NO DLC Codes work.

The only thing i could do was test the game only (2 day online pass)
But after that I'm not able to use the online features, and can't get the online Achievments.

Bunglist
05-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Well, my preorder from GAME UK has yet to arrive, which makes me think customs have nabbed it. I'll give to the end of the week, but it doesn't look promising :(

count23
05-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Will Australians still be able to buy DLC for their accounts if they import?

And I dont mean use a US account and download hte DLC there, I mean, if we import a PAL version from, say, Singapore, can we still buy the DLC on our local accounts?

DEG23
05-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Will Australians still be able to buy DLC for their accounts if they import?

And I dont mean use a US account and download hte DLC there, I mean, if we import a PAL version from, say, Singapore, can we still buy the DLC on our local accounts?

I don't think there will be DLC content on our local/Australian marketplace because the game has been banned, regardless of whether your copy is PAL or US.

What may be the only possibility is to create an account from another region and download that. Many Australians have already done that with the online code, as it won't download from the Australian marketplace, (keeps saying content unavailable)

Jfrey
05-05-2011, 11:56 PM
My copy arrived on Thursday from game uk. Game is great but the online code didnt work!!!! anyone else had this or know a way to play online in Australia. Thanks

Karachi King
05-06-2011, 02:58 AM
You just need to create a US/UK account on your console, and use the code with that account.

Because DLC is linked to both the account and the initial console it's downloaded to, you will be able to play online with your AU account (and any other accounts on the console).

Jfrey
05-06-2011, 06:27 AM
You just need to create a US/UK account on your console, and use the code with that account.

Because DLC is linked to both the account and the initial console it's downloaded to, you will be able to play online with your AU account (and any other accounts on the console).

Thanks, ill give it a try

Dusty2010
05-06-2011, 05:01 PM

Customs check like 8% of the stuff that comes in to the country and these online stores, ebay, amazon etc... don't advertise the name of the game. Mine came with just Play Asia on it.

Is this 100%? If it does work would I be able to download say GTA San Andreas on a UK account off an Australian ISP since it isn't released for download here?

donut77
05-07-2011, 02:18 PM
had no problem ordering it from play-asia.com.

Any other aussies want to play mortal kombat add me: donut77

Destro
05-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Its so stupid, its a freakin game, i can understand WW2 games being banned in germany for an obvious reason, but not a game like MK, sure its violent to some degree but cmon, its for adult...

Jfrey
05-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Is this 100%? If it does work would I be able to download say GTA San Andreas on a UK account off an Australian ISP since it isn't released for download here?

I can only confirm that it let me download the online activation with a uk account in Australia. Ill see what is on the Market place with my UK account.
Is San Andreas avalible to download on xboxLIVE , just not in Australia?
If so im going to be super pissed!!!

Jfrey
05-07-2011, 11:36 PM
I can confirm, Yes with a UK account you can download GTA San Andreas from the Market place for 1200MSpoints

Dusty2010
05-08-2011, 02:30 PM
All I have to do is create an account on Xbox UK and I am sweet? I don't have to buy Gold for this account to activate online do I?

Its so stupid, its a freakin game, i can understand WW2 games being banned in germany for an obvious reason, but not a game like MK, sure its violent to some degree but cmon, its for adult...

The thing is we don't have a mature rating for video games the highest rating a game can be allowed is MA15+ and this game is one of the most brutal I've ever played lol not to mention in Australia there has been an anti-Mortal Kombat agenda since the original port to console.

I can only confirm that it let me download the online activation with a uk account in Australia. Ill see what is on the Market place with my UK account.
Is San Andreas avalible to download on xboxLIVE , just not in Australia?
If so im going to be super pissed!!!

Yeah it's bollocks! I have it on PS2 but having it on 360 would be so much more convenient.

Jfrey
05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
All I have to do is create an account on Xbox UK and I am sweet? I don't have to buy Gold for this account to activate online do I?

The thing is we don't have a mature rating for video games the highest rating a game can be allowed is MA15+ and this game is one of the most brutal I've ever played lol not to mention in Australia there has been an anti-Mortal Kombat agenda since the original port to console.

No you dont have to buy gold for the uk account you create.

I agree this game is brutal, but i dont think its worse then MW2 "no russian " level. I still think about it whenever i am at the airport

o0ArA0o
05-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Do the same thing that every german does automaticly when a game arrives with an M Rating because this game will be automaticly banned from the marketplace in this wonderful country.

Make a fake account, download your dlcīs / addons here and specially for this game, activate your online pass here. The code unlocks the console for online gaming with all accounts that are stuck with this console.

Example - 1 console, Main account, dummy account, fake account, account of a friend. You use the code on the UK fake account --> all accounts, even the one of your friend, is now able to play MK online. The online pass is invalid for your friend if he recovers his gamertag on his console, but still all accounts on your console can play MK online.

If you have problems with the DLCs that will arrive later on this game then welcome Australia to the german way of gaming. Google what a VPN is and how it works and then download them via this, because otherwise the download will most likely be locked cause of country specifications. You cant imagine how long the list of this games is in germany ;)

Dusty2010
05-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks a lot for clearing it up ArA it's a bit confusing to me I've never had to do this before. Thanks to Jfrey aswell.

Bunglist
05-10-2011, 12:45 AM
My pre-order from GAME.UK hasn't arrived yet. I've accepted that it's not coming :(

TilVl
05-10-2011, 02:04 AM
What Region is Aust? PAL?

Could you have someone just ship you one? Maybe shove it in a different case or turn the art work around.

o0ArA0o
05-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Thanks a lot for clearing it up ArA it's a bit confusing to me I've never had to do this before. Thanks to Jfrey aswell.

np, if you or any of you got any further questions feel free to ask ;)

GSTAR321
05-11-2011, 12:04 AM
I tried creating a UK account and entering the code via that. But it still doesnt work .... sucks ...

o0ArA0o
05-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Then in some point you failed and did something wrong. Maybe double use of the code or a false account creation.
You have to create your account on your PC via xbox.com - turning the language to english is not enough ;)

Lordvader178
05-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I tried creating a UK account and entering the code via that. But it still doesnt work .... sucks ...

You needed to create a US account. I tried with a UK and it didn't work. As for the topic, I imported the game from Play-Asia with no hassles.

You have to create your account on your PC via xbox.com - turning the language to english is not enough ;)

No you don't.

o0ArA0o
05-11-2011, 11:51 AM
My country of choice was Swiss ... itīs nearest to Germany and it worked. Donīt know if UK makes problems, anyone else with this problems in UK?

About the account creation - as far as I know you dont have a choice of country selection as long as your xbox is connected to Live, your choice will be forced. If there had been any changes in this process I didnt knew that. But fact is, xbox.com works too so the correct answer would have been "You can do this for example, but you could also do ..." ;)

SevenJesterHats
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
So, is it safe to get my kollections edition now, ya think?

jedink
05-19-2011, 01:50 AM
i got the collectors edition the codes wont work though unless you create another account

GSTAR321
05-19-2011, 04:56 AM
You needed to create a US account. I tried with a UK and it didn't work. As for the topic, I imported the game from Play-Asia with no hassles.

No you don't.

Once I've created this US account and activated the codes. Can the US account then be deleted?

kellett87
05-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Sweet! I got mine last week! Great game!

Cav Clayton
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Once I've created this US account and activated the codes. Can the US account then be deleted?
I wouldn't. That account is the only account that will be able to re-download the pass if something goes wrong.

Besides it's not like accounts take up heaps of space.

Snix
05-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I can confirm that the Kombat Pass I got with my copy worked on my XBOX. I got the game from New Zealand, and on closer inspection it was originally from the UK anyway. I made a fake UK account and redeemed the code on that account. My proper account works perfectly fine (despite the lag) online. I hope this helps.

Musashi
05-22-2011, 04:04 AM
Hey, just got mine from hong kong so no fine. I'm definitely down to boost some so add me if you're interested but leave a message so I know to accept. Cheers

SevenJesterHats
06-11-2011, 02:15 PM
UPDATE: I GOT MY KOLLECTIONS EDITION!! I cant stop playing it, great game! :) I got off ebay, so i think its safe to say any Australians who are looking to get the game can so and most likely wont get a fine

Cav Clayton
06-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I've had mine for a bit too now. Haven't even touched online yet, just finished the challenger tower though ;)

Jimmy The GUZ
07-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Im from New Zealand and online play against most international players works quite well with little lag. This includes opponents from the US, UK and Japan.

I feel sorry for our Deutsch members who have to jump hoops to play an awesome R18/M rated game.

As for creating a new account to redeem codes/obtain DLC and stuff, this works perfectly well with your normal xbox live account.

So as long as you have purchased your copy you will be able to play online via the Kombat pass. I also have all of the DLC and have no issues using them on or offline.

Aussies and Kiwis can order the PAL version from http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Mortal-Kombat/7275027/

Destro
07-28-2011, 06:13 PM
I saw some unzoned version of MK9 also on ebay for australian and others.

xI EviiL
08-17-2011, 12:58 AM
hey guys this is where i got my mk9 for australia it was located in australia so i felt lucky im in need for online cheevos lol hit me up i R EviiL CaT the website is MWgames.com.au, i paid 65 dollars free postage and it was here the next day :)

FatalSystmError
09-23-2011, 02:15 AM
I got my Kollectors edition through playdisc.com.au and it arrived fine within a couple of days :woop:

Voltagore
12-26-2011, 11:23 PM
any aussies actully playing this now? wanting to boost respect points and im getting sick of waiting to fight and getting dc from the match.

Danza7
01-29-2012, 01:18 PM
I can confirm, Yes with a UK account you can download GTA San Andreas from the Market place for 1200MSpoints
so after you downloaded the code on the UK account could you then switch to your AU account and then play online with the AU account.

Married2Mary
02-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Its kinda messed up that people gotta sneak games into their country just to play them. God Bless America.

Note to self: NEVER move to australia

BluWolve
03-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Just got the Komplete edition, if any Australians or New Zealanders want to play this game online add me on XBL. Just make sure to send a message telling me who you are.

PharIVIacisT
05-16-2012, 04:18 AM
When this game launched I heard about this... It was to violent or something man that suck's. Also heard a rumor that it was 1 of Kabal's Fatality's that got it banned down under.