PDA

View Full Version : No Chaos Acheivement Vote

Welsh Killa B
04-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Basically , do u wish the 90g acheivement for completing all the exisiting acheivement was instead an acheivement for completing on chaos .

Personaly this is the first dynasty warrioirs i would have liked to have it, or atleast completing battle of supremacy on chaos ,

online mode would be really good to do this acheivement on,

what you guys think?

Necrophage33
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
For next time, it'd be better to make a poll, so it's easier to see results.

But I vote No. I'm basing this on previous games where you have to beat every mission on every difficulty, or something ridiculously tedious. They have what seems to be just enough grinding in this game. No reason to make me go back and beat every single mission again, especially if it was every Conquest mission. That would be insane.

I haven't played Battle for Supremacy yet, but if the achievement was just for beating it on Chaos, then that's much more reasonable.

I still support the changing of that 90G achievement. I never liked those achievements for completing all other achievements. Just a waste/laziness.

Welsh Killa B
04-20-2011, 06:11 PM
ye i was gonna make a poll then realised i didnt no how, feel free to make 1 man , and get sum1 to delete this . .

Yea battle for supremacy in chaos mode for 90g (online co-op aloud)!

BlackDragon
04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Laziness, sure, but understandable. It's just a case of directly transferring the Trophy-list from the PS3-version.

Regardless, my vote's 'No' too. I never found much entertainment in playing 'Warriors' games on Chaos. Sure, sure, if you grind your character to the max, it's far from impossible - but there's a ways from 'impossible' to 'entertaining'. And while I can't speak for anyone else, I play games to relax and enjoy myself, not to shout myself hoarse or fling around controllers in frustration, which is what those 'complete on maximum difficulty' achievements tend to lead to. If there'd been a 'Complete BfS on Chaos' achievement, I'd probably have ground one of my favorite characters up to maximum stats, and given it a shot... just for the sake of 1000/1000. But a 'complete everything on Chaos' achievement? Wouldn't even have tried. There was one in DW6, and I simply ignored it. Playing on that level of difficulty simply isn't fun, and that's all there is to it.

Density Jo
04-20-2011, 06:38 PM
NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That achievement (chaos mode achievement) cost me a completed game in dynasty warriors 6, darn that achievement darn it, darn it, darn it!!! *hmph* If there was an achievement for that i'd lose interest in this game, just like i did in dw6, darn it! If there was an online achievement i'd probably throw my xbox at the nearest person at super high speed.....*cough* excuse me for showing my anger, farewell *teleports*

Necrophage33
04-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Laziness, sure, but understandable. It's just a case of directly transferring the Trophy-list from the PS3-version.

Regardless, my vote's 'No' too. I never found much entertainment in playing 'Warriors' games on Chaos. Sure, sure, if you grind your character to the max, it's far from impossible - but there's a ways from 'impossible' to 'entertaining'. And while I can't speak for anyone else, I play games to relax and enjoy myself, not to shout myself hoarse or fling around controllers in frustration, which is what those 'complete on maximum difficulty' achievements tend to lead to. If there'd been a 'Complete BfS on Chaos' achievement, I'd probably have ground one of my favorite characters up to maximum stats, and given it a shot... just for the sake of 1000/1000. But a 'complete everything on Chaos' achievement? Wouldn't even have tried. There was one in DW6, and I simply ignored it. Playing on that level of difficulty simply isn't fun, and that's all there is to it.

Aren't there a lot of PS3 games that have trophies for collecting all other trophies? Isn't that where the platinum trophies come from? This is the first game I've ever played that has an achievement for unlocking all other achievements.

But I completely agree with the rest of what you said. That's actually one of my main reasons that I love these games so much. They're virtually stress free. Likewise, I didn't bother with the Chaos achievement for DW6. I play these games because they never frustrate me and it's generally mindless fun, not to mention destroying hoards of enemies with awesome weapons and badass characters.

BlackDragon
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Aren't there a lot of PS3 games that have trophies for collecting all other trophies? Isn't that where the platinum trophies come from? This is the first game I've ever played that has an achievement for unlocking all other achievements.

Yes - I didn't think it necessary to even mention. All trophy-compatible PS3-games have a 'Platinum Trophy' for getting all other trophies. It's basically just a tangible version of '1000/1000'. So when a game is made for both consoles, they'll sometimes include the Platinum-trophy as an achievement, just for the hell of it. I've seen it in a few places before - such as Street Fighter IV.

But I completely agree with the rest of what you said. That's actually one of my main reasons that I love these games so much. They're virtually stress free. Likewise, I didn't bother with the Chaos achievement for DW6. I play these games because they never frustrate me and it's generally mindless fun, not to mention destroying hoards of enemies with awesome weapons and badass characters.

Indeed. I find that, while playing Warriors-games (on reasonable difficulty-levels), I can just 'unhook' my brain and play without thinking. It's an almost meditative state, which I have noticed actually enhances my creative skills afterwards. On high difficulty-levels, that effect is lost, needless to say.

KillerBALLzzz
04-20-2011, 10:59 PM
I vote YES! YES! YES! I am quite proud of my DW6 Chaos achievement and I would've preferred at least one challenging achievement in this game. It's all of the silly grinding achievements that are annoying. I would've much rather had a Chaos achievement instead of being required to max out every single character's skills.

Shinty
04-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I say based on the game.
I had no problem with Chaos in majority of Warrior games, I hated DW6 so DW6 Chaos was annoying and tedious just because I hated that game with a passion.
DW7 was actually awesome though so a Chaos Achievement wouldn't be bad. Plus I beaten majority of the missions on Chaos in DW7.

But even though I'm all up for it, I would say for DW7 for some people... Chaos not in any achievement is actually nice. Can't name the amount of times friends I would just kill through the game with would stop playing if I tried Chaos.

iKhaotic
04-21-2011, 12:16 AM
I vote yes, but only for beating Battle for Supremecy on Chaos. I'd hate to have to redo all the Conquest mode missions again on Chaos. Battle for Supremecy though, would be really fun to do.

I dislike achievements for unlocking all achievements, you feel so empty when it unlocks and doesn't require any work on its own (even though you work for the other ones to get that one, it's still a horrible idea).

nightza
04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm personally glad it's not there. I hated it in DW6 and in both orochi games

Necrophage33
04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm personally glad it's not there. I hated it in DW6 and in both orochi games

It wasn't in the first Orochi game, just the second one. It wasn't that bad in the second one as long as you crafted Almighty for one of your weapons. Then you could've been playing on beginner since it was so quick and easy to run through each mission with Orochi's best weapon, killing officers on Chaos in seconds.

DW6 was terrible though. Frustrating and not fun to try to beat every mission on Chaos. I tried the first mission a couple times and stopped and just put that game away.

Shinty
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
It wasn't in the first Orochi game, just the second one. It wasn't that bad in the second one as long as you crafted Almighty for one of your weapons. Then you could've been playing on beginner since it was so quick and easy to run through each mission with Orochi's best weapon, killing officers on Chaos in seconds.

DW6 was terrible though. Frustrating and not fun to try to beat every mission on Chaos. I tried the first mission a couple times and stopped and just put that game away.

Eh... in Orochi 2 you can pick who you wanted (unless I'm remembering wrong).
I Only used SW characters.

BlackDragon
04-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Oh yes, I remember it in WO2... completed it without too much worry, thanks to the supreme power of the 'Almighty' element, and a maxed-out character. I think I used Musashi - DAMN that guy kicked ass.

I'm still glad it's not in this game, though. There's no 'Almighty' element here. No 'I Win' button. Even with the best weapons and seals, you'd need maxed-out stats to stand a chance of handling the top-flight scenarios on Chaos, and even then, each Officer would still take a lot of work to cut down.

Necrophage33
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Eh... in Orochi 2 you can pick who you wanted (unless I'm remembering wrong).
I Only used SW characters.

Yeah you could pick whoever you wanted. I never played SW before, so I loved playing as Nobunaga. But Orochi was just so damn OP, especially with Almighty, you never had to get off your horse, even on Chaos.

Shinty
04-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Yeah you could pick whoever you wanted. I never played SW before, so I loved playing as Nobunaga. But Orochi was just so damn OP, especially with Almighty, you never had to get off your horse, even on Chaos.

I think I mostly used Uesugi, Tadakatsu, and one of those other world characters I can't remember the name now. The one that looked like an Ancient Zero (From Megaman) lol.
And when I was leveling characters and getting their 4th weapon I would put 2 people from DW6 I didn't like (or those from SW I'm not fond of and wanted to level very quickly) in the last 2 slots and placed one of the 3 mains I listed I always use in the 1st slot and just slaughter everything on Chaos with them.

danHATE DCM8
04-27-2011, 08:54 AM
any difficulty related achievement would have been good

abigpoptart
04-28-2011, 03:18 AM
I personally am happy theres no ever mission on chaos mode for once takes way too long sometimes and stops being enjoyable half way through

Skode
05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
I personally am happy theres no ever mission on chaos mode for once takes way too long sometimes and stops being enjoyable half way through

Agreed... im enjoying replaying a lot of Conquest mode because its giving me a chance to level up other little used characters and try new weapons ive barely used on the characters i main. Chaos would offer no flexibility for this and require you using the same main characters youve highly leveled just to plough through the maps which would be a waste once youve maxed his/her stats. I didnt get the 1000 on DW6 either - it was the one DW game i hated and the thought of doing it on Chaos was never there to be honest. Ive still to get all the 1000 on W02 because of the difficulty based achievements as well... playing all the battles again on EASY after completing all the harder difficulties was ridiculous and a chore given how little challenge was offered from playing them as such.

Kamikaze Tigger
05-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Part of that 90 should have been a "get all officers" achievement.
but, that would come with finishing conquest mode, so..ehh.