PDA

View Full Version : The Intro!

TheLegendOf1977
04-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Anyone else think the opening cinema was funny as hell? Okay its totally out of place in a game that claims to be the more realistic shooter but still.. i cant remember the last time i laughed from watching a game intro.

SgtTalbert
04-20-2011, 08:08 PM
I really do hope the game is good! Been playing Op Flashpoint games since PC

Ivan Mendez
04-20-2011, 08:11 PM
in my opinion it looked interesting.

YouTube - Whitechapel - "Eternal Refuge" Metal Blade Records

Ivan Mendez
04-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Anyone else think the opening cinema was funny as hell? Okay its totally out of place in a game that claims to be the more realistic shooter but still.. i cant remember the last time i laughed from watching a game intro.

YouTube - We Dare - Have a spicy evening !

Syder
04-21-2011, 02:43 AM

I absolutly agree, the introvideo is just awesome. But the what the Staffsargent lalk later, its so STUPID and ANNOYING!!! I really hate him, hope I can shot him later. :uzi:Anyway, game is still amazing.

bloodswan
04-21-2011, 03:38 AM
I found it mildly amusing on a number of levels no least by the very simplified round up of the cold war - we're the goodies, they're the baddies. I think CM are British. I wonder if they are taking the piss a little? I think the intro maybe a reason it is delayed in America giving how sensitive Americans may be about the twin towers etc etc

TheLegendOf1977
04-21-2011, 07:00 AM
I absolutly agree, the introvideo is just awesome. But the what the Staffsargent lalk later, its so STUPID and ANNOYING!!! I really hate him, hope I can shot him later. :uzi:Anyway, game is still amazing.

HAHAHA!! I know what you mean! Everybody i talk to has the urge to kill that guy the minute they see him and he opens his mouth!
I really dont understand why they felt the need to CoD the game, that guy is totally out of place in a Operation Flashpoint game...

Andreas_loel
04-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I personally like Knox, he talks the talk and its quite fun to listen to it :P

And yes the intro is probably one of the best ive ever seen in a videogame, i was laughing my ass off

OctagonQontrol
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the intro was good... I especially like the all-over stamps, bold lettering and so on :)

Agusta1
04-25-2011, 07:51 AM
That was pretty funny. Especially the part about Osama.

Zombiedrd
04-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Ya, if this intro is released in America, there will definitely be a shit storm.

I am interested to see if our version has it. That being said, I am still a little surprised that the developers(English) made a game with the US as 'good' guys. Besides some WWII games, I still have not seen any other armies outside of the US as 'good' guys besides the SAS and other special forces. Where is the Regular British Army, French, Germans, etc.?

bloodswan
04-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeh it's not like the US is alone in Afghanistan but I guess it caters for the American crowd which would be by far the biggest money earners given their population and all.

DEG23
04-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Thought that was one of the best openings to a game. Really suits the whole squad mentality, (not saying that soldiers are stupid) but that whole idea of simplifing history into just over a minute and taking a very anti-political approach. Hehehe President Ray Gun

Kasual Krusader
04-30-2011, 05:00 AM
I loved the intro it was funny and factual as with the ssgt he just cracks me up, reminds me of the drill sgt from full metal jacket. And to those who say it makes it less realistic i have to disagree on the fact the jokes are probably one of the best ways soldiers deal with the horrors of war, because it takes the mind to a better place rather than dwelling on the fact you have ended the life of another human being. how else could they cope?