PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Shelved...

13ip0lar
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
You read right, Universe has been canceled and the franchise is currently dead, until they realize a few years from now they can make bank on a movie or a new series. I was just wondering what thoughts people might have in relation to the news.

I know I was heart-broken when I heard the news. Like literally. I had just got done watching the most recent episode of Universe, and headed over to wiki to see when the finale was, and if there was news they had been picked up for a third season. To my dismay, I found out not only had they been canceled, but in my frantic search to find someway of contacting Brad Wright, to write my first plee ever in history to not let a TV show/franchise die, I came across 2 day old, now 3 day old panel/interview he recently did saying that Stargate is officially dead in the water, with no movies, games, planned for release and no funding for anything regarding the franchise in the near future. My world/soul was crushed. This is one thing I seen late nights, that I casually watched on Fox in my teens, along with Star Trek: Voyager, and loved, and eventually became a full blown fanatic. Just to know that the Stargate Universe is currently dead, idle, however you wanna look at it...it just sucks lol. To me, it was one of the most cliche sci-fi shows, as far as the episodes went, but never the less, one of the best, because despite that, it was so good you couldn't help overlook it. Great cast, great ideas, great pacing. Just marvelous...

Anyways, I'll provide a link to where I read this. I just wanted to voice my soul-crushing despair somewhere. Think I might watch all 10 seasons over, just to put some hope back in my life. I have all of them on DVD, and season 1 of Atlantis. Just wondering if anyone has similar plans? lol

http://wormholeriders.org/cc/?p=784 (Article)

Pootcrum
04-21-2011, 08:10 AM
This is sad news indeed, but it was coming.

I am currently watching through SG1 (am up to S8) and have just started SGA in parallel. Definitely one of the best Sci-Fi mythology's out there.

13ip0lar
04-21-2011, 11:09 PM
This is sad news indeed, but it was coming.

I am currently watching through SG1 (am up to S8) and have just started SGA in parallel. Definitely one of the best Sci-Fi mythology's out there.

I remember discussing it with a group partner last year. We both agreed that if it did not speed up, or start getting "good" we would probably lose interest and so would the majority of people. I felt that's probably what happened, it was just moving too slow. However, I was lying somewhat because I woulda watched it till the bitter end, since I love the franchise so much. The only good sci-fi on TV now is Fringe. The Event and "V" I find to be mediocre at best. I'm debating watching Star Trek Enterprise, as I heard it was good, but it got canceled (the 2004 show). I don't know if I could deal with it though, early space travel, no like warp 8, just low low warp. Seems it would get boring. Meh... still might. Didn't mean to ramble off topic, it's just one of the things that really bummed me out when hearing the news.