PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

WheelzthatKeelz
04-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Think it looks like homefront but plays much worse? First thing I thought when I fired up homefront was "this is UGLY!".. first thing I thought when I fired up OF:RR was "this is HOMEFRONT ALL OVER AGAIN"...

Glad I quit out before I got any achievements.

TheLegendOf1977
04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Think it looks like homefront but plays much worse? First thing I thought when I fired up homefront was "this is UGLY!".. first thing I thought when I fired up OF:RR was "this is HOMEFRONT ALL OVER AGAIN"...

You should have stuck with it, yes the first level has the absolute WORST grafix i've seen in a long time but from the second level on it looks amazing!
Plus i dont think the gameplay is bad it all just handles diffirent then other shooters because they want to be more realistic.
They throw you off guard with the funny intro and irritating Staff Seargant shooting off his faul mouth to thinking this is CoD, but if you played a previous OP:FP game you should know what to expect..

WheelzthatKeelz
04-21-2011, 09:13 AM
How are the graphics any better after the first level? Simply because there is colour or because it's not a wide open desert with very little detail? I will need a large amount of convincing for me to take that game out again before I return it :P
Did I mention the lag? I love co op but that small portion I played was laggy as all hell, it took a good 5 seconds to do the laying down animation after holding the button down. Oh and is the rest of the game sitting in a truck listening to some idiot talking about garbage? or do you actually get to do something :P

TheLegendOf1977
04-21-2011, 09:25 AM
I think they fucked up the first level by trying to do that evening sun glare thing and that obviously backfired. The next few levels have much more detail and color.
I played 4 chapters co-op without any lag up untill the last point where it got bad like you said, so its not laggy all the time.
As for the bits in the humvee: yeah its annoying but not all levels have the same amount of humvee time.
I played Dragon rising and the same distances you have drive in the humvee in Red river (with the stupid guy shouting) you had to walk in that game (without anyone talking) so i dont know whats worse..

Andreas_loel
04-21-2011, 09:45 AM

Gamers like you are fucking disgusting, do the switch to pc and never look back if you are out for looks.

The graphics does its job,nothing more nothing less. Seeing as thats all they need to do

F Zer0 X
04-21-2011, 10:20 AM
The scenery in the levels is amazing. the hills and mountains look so realistic

WheelzthatKeelz
04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Gamers like you are fucking disgusting, do the switch to pc and never look back if you are out for looks.

The graphics does its job,nothing more nothing less. Seeing as thats all they need to do

Wow, somehow I am "fucking disgusting"?
Not sure how you churned that insult out but better luck next time.

I'm not out for looks but the jagged edges in this game and homefront just aren't good to look at. I have no complaints about the graphics in games like Halo Reach , Dead Space 2, Red Dead Redemption, BF:BC2, Gears of War1/2..
Hell, the xbox port of Half Life 2 has graphics that I can drool over + an excellent story with a brilliant pace.

Maybe this game does get better but I had 0 fun playing that first level and now have every intention of getting my $90 back. I just can't be bothered with another game that's boring to play and boring to look at. Sorry to the fans :/

I watched a video of the 2nd mission and while there is some colour and stuff, the gameplay still doesn't look fun.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM

I'm not out for looks but the jagged edges in this game and homefront just aren't good to look at. I have no complaints about the graphics in games like Halo Reach , Dead Space 2, Red Dead Redemption, BF:BC2, Gears of War1/2..
Hell, the xbox port of Half Life 2 has graphics that I can drool over + an excellent story with a brilliant pace.

Maybe this game does get better but I had 0 fun playing that first level and now have every intention of getting my $90 back. I just can't be bothered with another Homefront. I absolutely hated that game.

Says it all when you play the first level then give up, and i agree with the guy calling you a disgusting gamer. Most gamers believe it or not play for gameplay over graphics which seems you dont and i pity you. Ive played many games where the graphics were not amazing but i stuck with it and the story/gameplay was amazing . Also can you tell me how this is another homefront? homefront is based on civil warfare where korea and the us are at war in america..... yet Red river is a shooting simulator based on events taken everyday as marines/us army have to deal with day in day out in iraq/afghanistan etc...yeah they seem similar....
As stated if your looking for games with amazing graphics go with a pc. Im on mission 5 in co op and have had no lag and the gameplay is amazing. (btw im playing with a fellow british player and 2 people from germany) so i blame the lag on your connection not the game.
Finally way to go and name all the triple A titles that *you dont have a problem with graphically*

WheelzthatKeelz
04-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Says it all when you play the first level then give up, and i agree with the guy calling you a disgusting gamer. Most gamers believe it or not play for gameplay over graphics which seems you dont and i pity you. Ive played many games where the graphics were not amazing but i stuck with it and the story/gameplay was amazing . Also can you tell me how this is another homefront? homefront is based on civil warfare where korea and the us are at war in america..... yet Red river is a shooting simulator based on events taken everyday as marines/us army have to deal with day in day out in iraq/afghanistan etc...yeah they seem similar....
As stated if your looking for games with amazing graphics go with a pc. Im on mission 5 in co op and have had no lag and the gameplay is amazing. (btw im playing with a fellow british player and 2 people from germany) so i blame the lag on your connection not the game.
Finally way to go and name all the triple A titles that *you dont have a problem with graphically*

I explained what I meant when I said another Homefront. Neither game is good to look at or fun to play.. The guns have a putt-putt about them, the way you move seems unnatural and floaty, the character animations aren't smooth, the menus are pretty hard to look at with that blur and flash every 5 seconds.
If I'm looking for a game with amazing graphics I will go to PC.. But I'm looking for a game with good graphics, a good amount of polish overall and FUN. I pity you if you think sitting in the back of a truck for 20 minutes is fun in a game. I wasn't insulting anyone yet you feel the need to (in an incredibly un-funny manner I might add...*cough*) so I don't even know why I am explaining myself.

Blame my connection all you like, see how far that gets you...?

Your last sentence made no sense, was it meant to be a dig at me or what? Yes, I named some good games that have good graphics and are at least decently fun to play for the most part. Is there an argument there or what?

El Stupido
04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
F***ing ginger kids, go play Black Cocks or Retarded Warfare 2. I hate you.

WheelzthatKeelz
04-21-2011, 02:32 PM
F***ing ginger kids, go play Black Cocks or Retarded Warfare 2. I hate you.

.. wait, what?

Andreas_loel
04-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Maybe this game does get better but I had 0 fun playing that first level and now have every intention of getting my $90 back. I just can't be bothered with another game that's boring to play and boring to look at. Sorry to the fans :/

I watched a video of the 2nd mission and while there is some colour and stuff, the gameplay still doesn't look fun.

You obviously didnt know what kinda game you bought then.
The Halo games have always had a good look, same with RDR. GTA4 was called a masterpiece and got alot of 10/10 for the visuals, no wonder RDR looks the same.

This new HD era of gaming is a pile of shit, i do admit that i can go holy shit when i see something pretty. But it all comes down to the gameplay in the end, if you want something pretty to look at that does nothing else then get yourself a PS3 and Heavy Rain, interactive movies might work better.

I wish every game looked like Half life 2 simply because that game is and will always be stunning, there is nothing fancy about it its just very well designed.

Why buy a game where you had loads of chances to see the gameplay in action and apparently you didnt like what you saw. GL getting your 90 bucks back, seems like a hell of a overprice to me

WheelzthatKeelz
04-21-2011, 06:41 PM
You obviously didnt know what kinda game you bought then.
The Halo games have always had a good look, same with RDR. GTA4 was called a masterpiece and got alot of 10/10 for the visuals, no wonder RDR looks the same.

This new HD era of gaming is a pile of shit, i do admit that i can go holy shit when i see something pretty. But it all comes down to the gameplay in the end, if you want something pretty to look at that does nothing else then get yourself a PS3 and Heavy Rain, interactive movies might work better.

I wish every game looked like Half life 2 simply because that game is and will always be stunning, there is nothing fancy about it its just very well designed.

Why buy a game where you had loads of chances to see the gameplay in action and apparently you didnt like what you saw. GL getting your 90 bucks back, seems like a hell of a overprice to me

1. I like my graphics but I don't want a game just for the graphics.. Just so happens that this game does nothing right for me. :P there you go, no more argument.

2. Yes Half Life 2 is brilliant.

3. Bought the game because youtube always makes things look worse than the real thing and I was always told that the first game was pretty good.

4. It's the Aussie dollar mate, not much you can do. Some new games are $120 but I don't pay that price, can always find it cheaper which is what I'm going to do with this game after I get my money back. Or maybe I won't.. LA NOIRE in a month ;)

5. Even if this game is not as bad as I say it is, it's still nothing "amazing" by any stretch of the imagination.. Save that label for the games that deserve it.

It's obvious that not many people here are fussed by the general lack of polish that this game seems to have (just like Homefront) which is fine. I'm not going to sway your opinion and you're not going to sway mine so *peace* :)
Maybe next time try not to insult someone as an argument? never works.

OctagonQontrol
04-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Well, it might be me then but I think the graphics are well above par, better than DR and certainly better than any CoD (although I did not play BO yet). And I am only comparing XBOX-graphics now, can't be arsed to buy a 2 grand PC and needing to upgrade 2 years down the line for "another" cool game.

One thing I don't like; for powersaving issues, my plasma is on movie-mode always and I can't see shit in the game. Gamma already up to 10 but on the first level, shooting across the bridge, I have issues seeing the enemies tru the sights of my M16... :(

Andreas_loel
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
1. I like my graphics but I don't want a game just for the graphics.. Just so happens that this game does nothing right for me. :P there you go, no more argument.

2. Yes Half Life 2 is brilliant.

3. Bought the game because youtube always makes things look worse than the real thing and I was always told that the first game was pretty good.

4. It's the Aussie dollar mate, not much you can do. Some new games are $120 but I don't pay that price, can always find it cheaper which is what I'm going to do with this game after I get my money back. Or maybe I won't.. LA NOIRE in a month ;)

5. Even if this game is not as bad as I say it is, it's still nothing "amazing" by any stretch of the imagination.. Save that label for the games that deserve it.

It's obvious that not many people here are fussed by the general lack of polish that this game seems to have (just like Homefront) which is fine. I'm not going to sway your opinion and you're not going to sway mine so *peace* :)
Maybe next time try not to insult someone as an argument? never works.

The most money ive paid for a game that completely fucked me in the ass is prolly around 10 bucks, but thats why they are in the cheap bin from the start.

And the insult wasnt to start any argument, i just dislike people that go for look over feeling. Been like that since ages ago and im a stubborn sob so im not exactly planning on changing.

And how does youtube make things worse? You get to see the game in action, what you see is what you get unless you just watch ingame cinemas.

Also what games lately have you played that were "Amazing"? As far as i know nothing special has been released the last months.

Kivlov
04-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Homefront was most sorry ass excuse for a game I have ever seen. It was fucking god damn awful, piece of arse that is just a cod clone and a TERRIBLE one at best, and I dont even like actual decent cod games anymore.

This is easily better than all, but its stupid to compare as they are totally different, its not a linear sequence of bullshit 'cinematic' events that you can basically may as well just be watching a video of.

This isnt the greatest game, mostly due to the dumbing down, restrictiveness and the fact they reduced the overall range of combat. But it still is really fun, especially in co-op. It feels more like an improved expansion, but still good. Weapons and movement handle much better.

I laughed countlessly at some of the dialog, though sometimes overused to get you to the next area, but at least it is not just a generic order and they actually get physically pissed off at you, making it naturally more real. The firebase at the start pisses on the one from MW2.

Homefront was soul-less and horrible. Gameplay built after the story, This is all about gameplay, with a little story chucked in, how it should be with ALL games.

Do NOT compare this to that shithole game.

Cheers.

Btw, the achievements are possibly the easiest in any game ever, so you are an idiot not to mop them up. Unlike the bullshit with homefront that i got totally fucked over on because of stat reset and gay as fuck matchmaking. I hope everyone who likes homefront dies in a hole with their nuts being kicked by a tranny hooker.

Andreas_loel
04-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I hope everyone who likes homefront dies in a hole with their nuts being kicked by a tranny hooker.

Go back to gamefaqs....

Suki
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
well im tired of ppl that post this type of post, sometimes ppl dont give a game a proper chance, ive played games for 2 hours and not really been grabbed by them but by the end i have loved it, and thats what has happened here imo, he is well within his rights to do what he has done its just a bit stupid to come on here and post it i dont see the point. The graphics to me look really good but everyones diffeferent i actually like my games to look like games not reality.

theduke1
04-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Im having a blast with it at the moment breath of fresh air from the typical call of duty style wargame. Ive never played the first one so cant compare but if you give it time its a good game. I do agree about the humvee sections and the swearing is so over the top its just silly but I dont mind that much.

OctagonQontrol
04-22-2011, 09:36 PM
If anyone thinks the game is shallow or you don't understand the classes, missions and so on, get the free PDF from CodeMasters with 58 pages of info.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/details.php?id=41475

I just read it and some things are much clearer now and you have the possibility to plan missions ahead, both on your own, with friends and keep an eye on which level you wanna max out towards your soldier.

SirDracu
04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Game is average, but for all the fucks in the dialogues deserves to be finished :D

TheLegendOf1977
04-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Game is average, but for all the fucks in the dialogues deserves to be finished :D

Yeah, i wonder why Fox News isn't all over this one! I mean Bulletstorm cant even stand in the shadow of Red river when it comes to the use of profanity...

OctagonQontrol
04-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah, i wonder why Fox News isn't all over this one! I mean Bulletstorm cant even stand in the shadow of Red river when it comes to the use of profanity...
... Red River is a saint, language-wise, compared to my co-workers :)

Anyhow, at the moment I have a hard time not to skip the dialogue. It's sometimes long to listen to but at the end of a mission, also cool to hear everyone ticked off after what just happened in the mission :woop:

ruslan74
04-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Have no issues with graphics at all since I played Dragon Rising so I knew what to expect. I tend to consider the Op Flashpoint franchise a combat simulator and not a straight forward shooter. Tactical planning, terrain knowledge and flanking maneuvers are important in this game unlike the linear approach most FPS titles out there throw at you in Hollywood fashion with big explosions and QTE events.

Its impossible and not fair to judge a game like Red River within one mission withouth trying the engagements mode or the game in coop. My 2 cents.

angry
04-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Have no issues with graphics at all since I played Dragon Rising so I knew what to expect. I tend to consider the Op Flashpoint franchise a combat simulator and not a straight forward shooter. Tactical planning, terrain knowledge and flanking maneuvers are important in this game unlike the linear approach most FPS titles out there throw at you in Hollywood fashion with big explosions and QTE events.

Its impossible and not fair to judge a game like Red River within one mission withouth trying the engagements mode or the game in coop. My 2 cents.

Well Said!!!

Being an es soldier this game is excellent in the realsim catagries grfx are great..... You should of been around when i was young playing games like Commandos those were the days.

Nutty Scouser
04-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree with op

Suki
04-24-2011, 10:26 AM
I agree with op

Wow i look forward to any future posts u happen to make.