PDA

View Full Version : Account suspensions

OptimusPrime76
04-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Recently I had my xbox live access suspended for 24 hours. I was quite shocked when I first found out as I pride myself on never cheating, hacking, modding or anything else which is ban worthy.

I was quite relieved to discover it was because of my bio which was harmless enough however it contained one word which M$ deemed 'could be' offensive. It was a minor thing hence the 24 hour ban.

Anyway, back to my reason for this thread. I was guided towards the account suspensions part of the xbox.com forums and being nosey I read loads of the threads and some of them are hilarious lol. They always bitch and moan about how unfair it is that they have been banned then when M$ answers them as to why they scurry away, shamed and never ever post back a reply (not sure if the threads get closed after the M$ response).

Just came across this thread which had me laughing my arse off :)

"My son has been permanently been banned from xbox live and I would like to know why and what I can do to resolve this issue. I have heard of accounts being hacked and want to know if this was the case since we were away camping for the weekend and when we came home sunday is when he found out he was banned. His user name is xxusgxgloryxx, any help with this matter would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you Mom"

The response was:

"Your son's profile read as follows:

Bio:
{Mod Edit} mmMmmmm 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 im a hacker so msg me for 10th {1600-3month or 800} 1600 for 10 friends and 4000 for any one u want msg me

Whilehaving a talk about anatomy may also be in order, we're more concerned that he was selling modding services.

Sections violated:
Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled.
Don't modify or hack game content to create cheats.
Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore.
Don’t use your account for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, trading services or in-game content for currency or Microsoft Points).

If you feel that this is a case of 'unauthorized access' on his account, you may contact Xbox support and open such an investigation... however, looking at this account and its history, account theft seems unlikely.

Additionally, for future reference:

Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities."

Lol

rekikire
04-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I go visit the forum every couple of week to have a good laugh. It's always "my brother did it".

Burnout x360a
04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
I go visit the forum every couple of week to have a good laugh. It's always "my brother did it".

Agreed, always brings about a good chuckle ;)

It's quality when they write a really longwinded post (usually with no punctuation) only to get owned by a one sentence reply such as:

Hello I signed into my xbox live account (GT hidden) today and a message came up saying i have been banned from xbox live until 31/12/9999, i only just purchased xbox live 12 months about a week ago or a little bit less than that and i can honestly say i have no idea what i have done wrong to get this ban. I rang the xbox live support number and the person i spoke to said she did not know why i have been banned.She told me to access this site to find out some more information on why i have been banned, the service request number i was given is 1152913157. I would like to know why i was banned and weather use can undo this ban because i have no idea what i did wrong and i believe strongly i have done nothing wrong to disobey the rules xbox live have set. thankyou
"You were offering to host modified lobbies in exchange for various types of payment"

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
you would think the fact you have to pay for live would stop people risking their accounts by cheating.

then again you read some of these bios and they dont seem all there in the head.

Nozza XBA
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Wish I was there to see her face when she read that. then what she did to her son!

I was looking earlier for a laugh and this one got me. The PET last bit!

My gamertag x KOONv7 x has been banned and I'd like to know why. I have been a loyal customer for more than 7 years and I'd also like a refund/credit for the remainder of my subscription!!! I also don't understand why I can't sign into my live id that was linked with my gamertag. Ive had to wait on the phone for 2 hours today to be told to post on this online forum in order to resolve this issue. I'd like a phone number to where I can reach someone to speak to about this issue! I DO NOT WANT A 3 SENTENCE ANSWER REGARDING THIS.

We apologize for the inconvenience, however, we made the decision to permanently suspend the account due to the excessive number of forced name changes over the life of the account. You are welcome to create a new account, and provided you abide by the terms of use, fully enjoy the service without interruption. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/codeofconduct

This sentence has been added to prevent a three-sentence response, bringing the total sentence count to four.

Burnout x360a
04-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I love the ones from supposed 'parents' ;)

hi there i am a concerned parent of my childs account that got banned he had over 150 worth of stuff on it so could you plz lower the ban and tell me what the problems were so i can stop him from doing it in the future his gamertag was oGxBLAZE many thanks Antoney grover p.s i will do any thing for you to uban him

Grammar 1 Child 0 :p

Daunting Lady
04-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I sometimes have a look at that forum. There are some very interesting posts.

It baffles me why some people think they can get away with cheating, let alone post it on there bio lol

Burnout x360a
04-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I just facepalmed at this guys thread...

why is racismn bad on xbox live?

hell im just asking a simple question??The same reason it's bad everywhere else.

Don't post again regarding this.

Seriously..

Baylor05
04-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Wish I was there to see her face when she read that. then what she did to her son!

I was looking earlier for a laugh and this one got me. The PET last bit!

Man, there are some scarcastic jerks/comedians working for Microsoft.

That said I just got my first ban the other day from boosting Halo 3. Just because I can use my controllers and get achievements for a game that's been dead since the release of Reach, you really want to ban me Bungie? Whatever. Still got 6 achievements and 175 GS.

Nozza XBA
04-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Man, there are some scarcastic jerks/comedians working for Microsoft.

That said I just got my first ban the other day from boosting Halo 3. Just because I can use my controllers and get achievements for a game that's been dead since the release of Reach, you really want to ban me Bungie? Whatever. Still got 6 achievements and 175 GS.

They are only sarcastic because the person posting is so thick they think they've done nothing wrong, they can pretty much do that.

Its subtle as well and nothing to in your face as it can reflect badly on the company, but its still worth it!

Baylor05
04-21-2011, 02:41 PM
They are only sarcastic because the person posting is so thick they think they've done nothing wrong, they can pretty much do that.

Its subtle as well and nothing to in your face as it can reflect badly on the company, but its still worth it!

Oh, I agree they should be sarcastic when the situation calls for it, and those people more than likely deserved it. It's just rare to see that level of humor that we use in everyday conversation being put down in writing from a customer service rep.

balance13
04-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh, I agree they should be sarcastic when the situation calls for it, and those people more than likely deserved it. It's just rare to see that level of humor that we use in everyday conversation being put down in writing from a customer service rep.

If was a customer service rep a MS and had to deal with all the annoying twelve year old's trying to get unbanned I would defiantly be sarcatic about everything.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Yea. Some of these people crack me up on the whole, 'Oh I'm innocent. I swear it was my brother/friend/cousin/some random dude who borrowed my account who did it' thing. People apparently think Microsoft is full of retards or something.

There's a site dedicated entirely to XBL bans. It's called www.whywasibanned.com (http://www.whywasibanned.com). If you ever get bored, check it out.

OT, I got a 24 hour ban once when I had 'Nintendos B4 Hoes' in my profile. I had it there for a little over a year, and no one I knew thought it was offensive. It just takes a few butthurt people to report you for something to get you banned.

OptimusPrime76
04-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Yea. Some of these people crack me up on the whole, 'Oh I'm innocent. I swear it was my brother/friend/cousin/some random dude who borrowed my account who did it' thing. People apparently think Microsoft is full of retards or something.

There's a site dedicated entirely to XBL bans. It's called www.whywasibanned.com (http://www.whywasibanned.com). If you ever get bored, check it out.

OT, I got a 24 hour ban once when I had 'Nintendos B4 Hoes' in my profile. I had it there for a little over a year, and no one I knew thought it was offensive. It just takes a few butthurt people to report you for something to get you banned.

Now the funny thing is you could have been referring to a hoe as a gardening/farming tool lol. I know it's pretty obvious to me what term you meant but to some little kid would they have even known let alone be offended!

That forum in xbox.com is hilarious. All the I'm a parent crap is so obviously young kids pretending.

On a worrying note I logged on last night after work and my 8 year old nephew was online. He invited me to a party and we had a private game of AC brotherhood. Whilst playing some if his young school friends joined us and they were all talking about buying modded controllers to play world at war with. Personally I wouldn't let any of them play the game as I think they're too young but that's another point.

I tried explaining that he would be cheating but he wouldnt have it and said that everyone in his school has a modded controller and so by his logic if everyone is cheating it's not cheating if you get my meaning.

I can see him getting very upset if M$ ban him. He's already maxed out WAW because one of his school mates had a hacked lobby going. He claims he didn't know but I have my doubts.

Maybe I'll read one of his threads on xbox.com :)

I would love it if somehow next gen M$ come up with a way of making sure kids and adults don't get paired up online, unless specifically invited. I know I sound like an old fobey but it's the 7-20 year old age bracket that has spoiled online gaming for me as everytime I've come across a cheater or glitcher online or just a mouthy idiot it's someone from this age range. I thought back when I picked up my xbox at launch selecting underground meant I was gonna be playing with adults.

Spanish Assault
04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
yeah lots of fun...the best ones are the ones who pretend to be angry parents and threaten to sue or cancel all other memberships....M$ could care less if they cancel.

Tyrion619
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
I find it funny that the XBLPET profiles have little to no gamerscore.

JAW LV
04-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Definately some great reading material for when I'm bored! I think it's awesome that some of the replies from MS support is sarcastic and funny :D

Chipsonfire
04-21-2011, 07:46 PM
What I think is interesting is that people think that's a good excuse in the first place. It explicitly states in the TOS that your account is for your use only. The fact that someone else used it gives MS the right to stop your service, or at the very least makes you responsible for anything that happens with regard to your account.

rekikire
04-22-2011, 01:11 PM
I also have a good laugh at people who pull out the "freedom of speech" line. The first amendment to the US constitution stops the government from infringing on your speech. It says nothing about a private company on their system.

DarkestofFlames
04-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Still my favorite response:
http://whywasibanned.com/2010/04/19/myson/

Corrupt.
04-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Some brilliant ones on there, some people are just so dumb...

Missis Beki
04-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Hahaha owned! Will have a look through the site when I get some time.

I got banned once it was a 48 hour ban I had literally just got gold back after a year I was devastated! It was because I had the word pimp on my bio...still wonder why after it being there for about 2 years it suddenly became a problem!

CNash
04-22-2011, 11:08 PM

Aaaand this is why I never turn "camera mode" on in games that support it. If only Burnout Paradise didn't have annoying achievements that require it...

fuzzycat240
04-23-2011, 01:04 AM
I had a 24 hour ban for having the words cyber sex in my bio. The only reason I had that was just about every friend request I got seemed to want to talk dirty or send me pictures of their package. :eek:

DTH Brigade
04-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Finding people who have modded controllers that I filed complaints on; and now they are permanently banned for modding ^_^ :uzi:

Spanish Assault
04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I had a 24 hour ban for having the words cyber sex in my bio. The only reason I had that was just about every friend request I got seemed to want to talk dirty or send me pictures of their package. :eek:
All it takes is a female avatar wearing a Lora Croft outfit to get the little teens all worked up.