PDA

View Full Version : what read/write speed should usb have to work on 360

kiler01
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Hello,

i'm considering to buy a new usb and i want it to work on the xbox. the main problem is that the box is pretty bic..... about the whole speed thing. so anyone knows what is the minimum required read/write speed?

by the way, i'm considering a sandisk cruzer or cruze slice at the moment. anyone got an oppinion on these?

Elit3 m0nkey
04-22-2011, 01:28 AM
All I know is that it needs to be at least 1GB, no more than 16GB.

It also has to be FAT32 format.

The 360 will perform a test when you configure it do determine if it is good enough.

And you should have no problem with a Cruzer if you follow what I typed above.

kiler01
04-22-2011, 07:02 AM
it can be whatever size you want BUT xbox will use 1-16gb meaning if i have a 32GB the extra 16gb will be free for my use. (Just to clarify)
i know everything you told. That's exactly what i found while i flipped through 156489 google pages for info.
dunno what to do now, probablly gonna have to take a leap of faith and get me a cruzer slice

WogMatt26
04-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello,

i'm considering to buy a new usb and i want it to work on the xbox. the main problem is that the box is pretty bic..... about the whole speed thing. so anyone knows what is the minimum required read/write speed?

by the way, i'm considering a sandisk cruzer or cruze slice at the moment. anyone got an oppinion on these?
Read and write speed is whatever, it dosen't care. My external reads at 10mb/s and it works fine in Xbox, also using HDtunePro.

SatansBunny99
04-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I have a cruzer slice that I use for the xbox. When you format the drive, it comes up with a message saying it doesn't meet the xbox's requirements or something, but then works anyway. I've had no problems at all with it. Having said that, I only use it for backing up saves, so I dunno if it will slow down games if you try and load from it.

Also, I believe the official xbox USB stick is just a re-packaged cruzer thats had the price doubled :uzi: