PDA

View Full Version : No Lines Challenges Help

bpsmith14
04-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Can anybody give me any tips on how to beat the challenges with the playlist where it doesnt give you the lines (cant remember what it is called)? I cant seem to learn them or say them at the correct time apparently. I was getting along really well on this game, but this is killing me. Any help would be appreciated.

Satman9
04-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Your not going to like my answer, but, you will see i do have the key to the city cheeve.
Put simply, memorize the lines & the timing, just like a real actor. its tough i know, but it can/has been done.

Seiryu
05-31-2011, 03:03 PM
I know this thread is over a month old and the OP may never see this response, but I wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I have discovered a way to make the no teleprompter challenges really easy.

What you will need for this is a device that is able to record and play back audio (I used a voice recorder app on my smartphone), and the ability to give a 5-star performance when doing the scenes in quick play with the lines showing.

I turned down the volume on my TV so that I could barely hear it and made sure I was back far enough that the microphone wouldn't pick up that sound, then I started the scene and hit record on the recorder right as the 3 appeared on the countdown at the start of the scene. Now simply preform the scene normally while saying the lines into the mic.

Once you have the audio recording of a 5-star performance you can go back into challenge mode and select the no teleprompter challenge. Once you start the scene hit play on the recorder (trying to do it as close to the 3 on the countdown as possible, basically the same time you hit record before), and then stay quiet and let the audio recording speak the lines for you in the scene.

Also note that you don't need to worry about any sort of acting at all. In most of the scenes (Challenges involving Hollywood Sets and Video Backgrounds being the exclusion) the only thing that matters is the timing of your lines. Even the words you are saying don't matter as long as the timing is right, and you don't need to move at all nor does it matter where you stand, you can even be completely out of the frame and you will still earn 5 stars as long is your timing is good.

I managed to do the first no teleprompter challenge (with only one scene) legitimately, but for the other two (with 3 and 5 scenes) I had to resort to the above method and it worked perfectly on the first try both times.

I suppose this method could also be used for anyone having trouble with the challenges in which there is no timing given for the lines and also for the challenges that have random words or classic lines missing, but I did not try using it for any of these.

If you look at my profile and see that I haven't played Yoostar 2, that is because I was playing on a friends account and helped him to get Keys to the City, as well as all of the rest of the achievements in the game (excluding the 3 requiring fame, the 2 requiring an unlockable that requires fame and the one for rating 100 videos). I haven't played the game on my account as I do not own a Kinect myself and therefore have no desire to put games that are Kinect required on my played list.

DemonDuffeh
09-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Dont know if you still need help but i got it be doin the playlist which is no lines for casblanca and just said blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... over all points were no one specks stopping when the guy talks n carry on wen he stops then do it again till end i got 5 star first try but may take few attemps lol may be cheating but does work i cnt learn lines on this game key to city bit too hard for me to get lol