PDA

View Full Version : Ranked #1? Yeah right!

dprusick
04-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I finished the first season ranked #2. I don't do DLC courses and I won every tournament in season 1 including the Masters.

I beat Tiger to take over #1 during the Champions event to start season 2. The very next tournament, I won at around 45-50 under par for the three rounds and lost my #1 spot to Tiger. I've won every tourney since then and stayed #2. I just played along side Tiger AGAIN at the second season Masters, won handily, and I AM STILL #2! I was #1 for exactly one week. I have continued to dominate every tourney but cannot get it back. Total horses**t.

tuk3r
04-21-2011, 10:09 PM
im amazed your doing 3 rounds per tournament! thats gonna take you ages to get your seventh masters. there must been something buggy in your career, i got the #1 spot in my first season and ive held into it ever since, im just about to start my 3rd season. i too didnt buy the download content, i just skipped those courses. i know somebody how skipped about 3/4 courses by mistake and he still made #1 in his first season. i think your in game stats help things ie hitting every fairway/greens, avoiding hazards etc, once your stats better tigers you'll get that #1 (i hope so)!

good luck

dprusick
04-22-2011, 12:19 AM
im amazed your doing 3 rounds per tournament! thats gonna take you ages to get your seventh masters. there must been something buggy in your career, i got the #1 spot in my first season and ive held into it ever since, im just about to start my 3rd season. i too didnt buy the download content, i just skipped those courses. i know somebody how skipped about 3/4 courses by mistake and he still made #1 in his first season. i think your in game stats help things ie hitting every fairway/greens, avoiding hazards etc, once your stats better tigers you'll get that #1 (i hope so)!

good luck

But that's the thing.... my FIR and GIR are both above 93%. I rarely hit into a hazard and my putts per hole is 1.2 I dunno.....

kentb79
04-22-2011, 02:41 PM
That seems very odd. My stats are similiar or worse, yet I took over #1 in the 2nd FedEx cup tourney of season 1, have skipped numerous tourneys since, and am still #1 right now for about 185 weeks. And like the other guy said, 3 round tourneys is going to take forever. I stick to 1.

lincoln80
04-22-2011, 05:18 PM
All it takes for you to have to go for alot longer before keeping the number one spot is one really bad round at some point. If you had a really bad round like i did by getting level 1,2,3 and 4 sponsorship in one round it will huant you for 3 seasons.

kentb79
04-23-2011, 02:18 AM
I was thinking about this one more looking at my own game. I think difficulty affects the rankings. I'd always played on Pro difficulty for the first 4 season, but I could never get any holes in one. So to make it easier to get the 25 aces, I switched to amateur. Before the switch the rankings always showed 20 tourneys, now it only shows 18. Also my huge lead keeps shrinking no matter how well I do. I just shot -23 in a 1 round tourney and my gap got smaller. So, in short, make sure you're not playing on amateur and your lead should grow.

ATCS
04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
I was thinking about this one more looking at my own game. I think difficulty affects the rankings. I'd always played on Pro difficulty for the first 4 season, but I could never get any holes in one. So to make it easier to get the 25 aces, I switched to amateur. Before the switch the rankings always showed 20 tourneys, now it only shows 18. Also my huge lead keeps shrinking no matter how well I do. I just shot -23 in a 1 round tourney and my gap got smaller. So, in short, make sure you're not playing on amateur and your lead should grow.

This shouldn't matter. I've always played on Amateur and i'm in the 3rd season with a 44-28 lead on the second place guy. Also, i've skipped all DLC courses and two stars events now that I have them mastered.