PDA

View Full Version : List Of WindowsLive Games With Achievements!

xLoNe BlooDx
07-01-2007, 02:16 AM
All These Games Are For Windows Live And Have Achievements!

Shadowrun™

HaloŽ 2 for Windows Vista™

Upcoming Releases

Bioshock

Can someone make sure i'm right that all these games have achievements.

If anyone finds any more games for windows live just post it up.

The Pants Party
07-01-2007, 03:27 AM
Well, that's just plain incorrect. The only two that have achievements are Halo 2 and Shadowrun. Not every game that is labeled "Games for Windows" has achievements. It will say specifically on the back of the box if it does or not.

x McGrim x
07-01-2007, 07:41 AM
I think that all Games for Windows should have them. I probably won't play any since I don't have Vista but hey, you never know.

Bax x360a
07-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I have a question, my dads wants to buy the new games coming out for the PC but will they all require a copy of vista if their games for windows? or can you run them on XP? so can you run halo 2 on XP and just not get the achievements?

The Pants Party
07-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I have a question, my dads wants to buy the new games coming out for the PC but will they all require a copy of vista if their games for windows? or can you run them on XP? so can you run halo 2 on XP and just not get the achievements?

There are some illegal cracks out there you can download and implement, but they are somewhat complicated, and like I said: illegal. All games that have achievements will be for Vista, some will be dual-released for Vista and XP, but XP games won't have the achievements.

oDD Reflex
07-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Microsoft wants to kill the world of FREE GAMING again? Live for 360 I understand but why the hell would someone be required to have LIVE account just to play on thier PC? I'm all for achievements & bringing gamers together but that is just ridiculious, PC games have always been free when it comes to online play.

MadDog2010
07-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Microsoft wants to kill the world of FREE GAMING again? Live for 360 I understand but why the hell would someone be required to have LIVE account just to play on thier PC? I'm all for achievements & bringing gamers together but that is just ridiculious, PC games have always been free when it comes to online play.

That's where you are wrong. Most of the best online PC games cost well over the amount that Windows Live charges. Sure, they are mostly MMO's, but you did say online games. I would much rather pay $50 dollars a year to play Shadowrun with users from the Xbox 360 (because not everybody has either Vista or an Xbox 360), then pay $180 a year to play World of Warcraft.

Wolf
07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm almost certain Lost Planet has achievements.

The Pants Party
07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm almost certain Lost Planet has achievements.

Well, I'm positive you're wrong. As I said in my first post, only Halo 2 and Shadowrun thusfar have achievements for the PC.

Wolf
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Well, I'm positive you're wrong. As I said in my first post, only Halo 2 and Shadowrun thusfar have achievements for the PC.
I seem to remember it on the back of the box at some store. Do you own the game? I have been unable to find any back cover images online, even on eBay.

The Pants Party
07-03-2007, 06:15 PM
I seem to remember it on the back of the box at some store. Do you own the game? I have been unable to find any back cover images online, even on eBay.

"Lost Planet flies under the Games for Windows banner, but isn't part of Games for Windows Live, and doesn't allow for achievements or cross-platform play. It may be a direct port of the X360 version (and can be played with a 360 controller), but thankfully doesn't look or play like one. It supports both DirectX9 and DirectX10 and runs on both Windows XP and Vista."

http://www.gamedaily.com/lost-planet/pc/game-reviews/5998/?articleID=43224&page=2

Bax x360a
07-03-2007, 09:08 PM
So if a game has "Games For Windows" on it, it will work on XP? only games for windows live wont and requires vista?

The Pants Party
07-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Not necessarily. The whole "Games for Windows" and achievements and Vista thing is very complicated... in fact, I'm going to write a FAQ for it and hopefully get it stickied, I'll edit back when I'm done.

Edit: Here she is!
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31059

oDD Reflex
07-03-2007, 09:55 PM
That's where you are wrong. Most of the best online PC games cost well over the amount that Windows Live charges. Sure, they are mostly MMO's, but you did say online games. I would much rather pay $50 dollars a year to play Shadowrun with users from the Xbox 360 (because not everybody has either Vista or an Xbox 360), then pay $180 a year to play World of Warcraft.

I meant games in general, not compared to exclusive fee ones like WOW/SIMs etc. Also $50 a year isn't bad but LIVE hasn't been around long and once Microsoft successfully pulls it off and has a good chunk of PC gamers under thier belt I'm sure the prices will go up and majority of the gamers won't have any choice but to pay it.

Look at the current problem of gamers/customers & Game developers not happy with Live Content pricing. Some of the Developers have tried to give free downloadable content but was denied by Microsoft. 2 out of 3 parties aren't happy and are complaining yet whatever Microsoft wants everyone else gets. :mad: Just the recent downloads for R6V, Gow, Graw pretty much amount to a new Game itself.

Bax x360a
07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Not necessarily. The whole "Games for Windows" and achievements and Vista thing is very complicated... in fact, I'm going to write a FAQ for it and hopefully get it stickied, I'll edit back when I'm done.

Edit: Here she is!
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31059
Nice one mate great advice there. And your names Alan :eek: Your officially a legend