PDA

View Full Version : Memory Problems

Mister Buds
04-23-2011, 09:59 PM
my second xbox is an arcade model and i have had nothing but problems trying to get some form of memory device on it. i first bought a cheap 60 GB hdd, but the console does not recognize it for some reason.

most recently i tried connecting my 250 GB external hdd however it seems to be "write-protected" and i can't do anything with it on my 360 even after changing the read/write settings.

so now, i'm looking at getting a cheap usb drive for my final attempt. however, i'm reading that you first need to format it using fat32, which i believe is exclusive to windows. i use mac and don't have a way to do this. just want to know if this is actually required before i go and piss away more money on this piece of shit.

Worhammer
04-23-2011, 10:10 PM
If you buy a USB stick out of the box it should be FAT32 formatted. Also, seeing as the 360 reformats the thing for you anyway, I'm not entirely sure it does have to be formatted for FAT32 anyway.

Mister Buds
04-23-2011, 10:26 PM
cool. i hope you're right. thanks for the answer.

JonathanT32
04-24-2011, 03:00 AM
If you buy a USB stick out of the box it should be FAT32 formatted. Also, seeing as the 360 reformats the thing for you anyway, I'm not entirely sure it does have to be formatted for FAT32 anyway.

Yeah I got lucky and bought a USB stick with the FAT32 already on it.
Mines called a SandDisk Cruzer. Its a 2GB.