PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Achievements

ToPoleaDK
04-24-2011, 06:22 AM
I am starting to really HATE multiplayer achievements... If you think about it... what purpose do they serve except to piss you off... If you buy an old game... and half of them are multiplayer achievements such as Gears of War... then your SOL if the game is dead... and sometimes the achievements are so rediculous for multiplayer like "Be number 1 and kill 75 people" (A bit of an exaggeration) but still... Also games that were NEVER headed anywhere such as Armored Core have an achievement to win 10,000 games? That will never happen no how no where.... there are LITTERALLY 2 people online...

Id like some feedback on how others feel about the topic

Chaosx721
04-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Try using the search, I'm sure you'll get all the feedback you need.

Starstrukk X360A
04-24-2011, 07:42 AM
That's why achievement trading threads exist.

Gregorah
04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
I hate multiplayer achievements too, especially on Red Dead Redemption, "Become wanted for 10 minutes online". (This took so many attempts, in the end I gave up) I was most wanted for 10 minutes, about to make my getaway from my hiding spot, some other guy comes along and kills me just as I'm about to get away. I got SO MAD.

ToPoleaDK
04-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I just love it when instead of posting what I ask for people tell me to use the search GOD I LOVE IT!

KillerBEA
04-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I lkike multiplayer achievements. If you boost they are actually easier then singleplayer regardless of boredom. It also gives me incentive to play multiplayer. I really like it in Halo and Battlefield but can stayx out of licensed garbage like chaotic shadow warriors.

Deviantelf
04-24-2011, 05:28 PM
I just love it when instead of posting what I ask for people tell me to use the search GOD I LOVE IT!

Glad you love it, it's a very useful tool. :)

Corrupt.
04-25-2011, 01:54 AM
This site has achievement trading thread for pretty much every game. Also, who exactly is forcing you to do these achievements?

ToPoleaDK
04-25-2011, 06:20 AM
This site has achievement trading thread for pretty much every game. Also, who exactly is forcing you to do these achievements?

Personal Vendetta

A CorpseMess
04-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I am starting to really HATE multiplayer achievements... If you think about it... what purpose do they serve except to piss you off... If you buy an old game... and half of them are multiplayer achievements such as Gears of War... then your SOL if the game is dead... and sometimes the achievements are so rediculous for multiplayer like "Be number 1 and kill 75 people" (A bit of an exaggeration) but still... Also games that were NEVER headed anywhere such as Armored Core have an achievement to win 10,000 games? That will never happen no how no where.... there are LITTERALLY 2 people online...

Id like some feedback on how others feel about the topic

I'm with ToPoleaDK on this one.

@Starstrukk X360A:
@Chaosx721:
@Corrupt x360a:

1. Sure there's achievement trading threads but they're not all useful for every single game that features online achievements. The whole purpose of boosting is to cut down on the time it takes to earn the long tedious online achievements but games like ACB or GTA4 or even RDR are prime examples of boosting being pointless because it takes a long time regardless of what you choose to do.

2. Yes there is a search function, but it so happens that the search engine on this site sucks ass to be quite frank. And not only that but you have to type in a security code each time, really? lol...

3. Having OCD or a sense of completion with each game you're playing, being it beating the single player only or getting as many achievements as possible or doing it 100%, has everything to do with being forced into trying to gain the online achievements. I know no one is holding you at gun point threating you to do it but that's just an ignorant way of seeing things.

It's easy for people to say shit to others when they don't have the same problem, or share the same knowledge.

Back to ToPoleaDK: I understand what you mean, I hate online achievements, they're forced fed down your throat for almost any new release these days. It's like adding MP to Silent Hill or even games like God of War, it's pointless.

Game developers needs to learn to leave single player games alone, and leave the MP to Infinity Ward, Bungie, EPIC, Treyarch and DICE.

Chaosx721
04-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Back to ToPoleaDK: I understand what you mean, I hate online achievements, they're forced fed down your throat for almost any new release these days. It's like adding MP to Silent Hill or even games like God of War, it's pointless.

Game developers needs to learn to leave single player games alone, and leave the MP to Infinity Ward, Bungie, EPIC, Treyarch and DICE.
Every game company wants to be the next CoD, and even if they aren't as successful, the MP component of a game could still sell tons because there are a ton of people that are looking for a new MP that isn't CoD, Halo, Gears or Battlefield. Look at Homefront, that game is pretty bad yet it sold like 1 million copies mostly because of its MP. MP is going to continue and will never go away, as long as its a shooter expect it to have MP.

hydrosugar
04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
yes if they can be boosted they're easier than sp acheivements, and there still easier than some sp cheevo's even if you cant. but i still HATE them lol. i think i even replaced my completions with a hate message about it in my sig :p

and i hate when people say something stupid like im a noob, i cant stress enough that its not difficulty, its just that ALL of them are complete bullshit and instantly unaccessible to many gamers.

Baylor05
04-25-2011, 04:33 PM
I say this as someone who does enjoy and strive to max out every game that I can. My completion percentage last time I checked is around 88% with 20 completed retail games (I don't have a single arcade game on my account).

First of all the achievement trading threads are extremely helpful. Thanks to them I was able to max out Fable 2 and Halo 3 ODST. It also looks like I'll be able to max out Modern Warfare 2 as well in the near future, as I needed major help with the Spec Ops and got it.

Even if the achievements trading threads are no good, here's another good tool I've used: the guides themselves. I have made the decision not to buy certain borderline games based on difficult to obtain multiplayer achievements.

There are certain franchises: Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War, etc. that I will buy regardless of how difficult or goofy the achievements are. However, if there is a game that I might enjoy, but I find the guides on this site say the achievements are harder than Chinese math, I don't buy the game. Therefore, I don't have to worry about a non-existent online community.

Yes, I'm not thrilled about certain games not having an online community anymore (e.g. Saints Row 1, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, F.E.A.R. 1). But, I do think if carefully crafted online achievements can add to the replay value of a game. I for one love the Gears of War 2 achievements, even though I agree Seriously 2.0 is stupidly and unnecessairly high.

balance13
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't mind them as long as the game has good multiplayer, such as Halo, CoD. Of course I'm not OCD about achievements so if there is an achievement I know I'll never get then I won't go for it.