PDA

View Full Version : Spore Released Quarter 2 of 2008?

housemdfan
07-01-2007, 10:07 AM
http://ppx.popsci.com/images/security/SPOREQ2.jpg
Spore is the iPhone of the gaming world: a long-awaited, much-hyped and genuinely innovative product that many believe will reshape the industry. But it is missing one thing: a release date. Created by Sims mastermind Will Wright and based on open-ended, "procedurally generated" game play, Spore has been under development since 2000 on a reported $20-million budget. As hinted release dates slip progressively further into the future, gaming fans, publisher Electronic Arts and surely Wright himself continue to stew.

When finally released, the game will have its players starting at the microbial level and evolving their own custom creatures into the space age, all the while interacting with other players' creatures online. Versions for PC and the handheld Nintendo DS have been officially announced.

This proposition will pay out at POP$100 per share if Spore is released within the second quarter of the 2008 calendar year (on or before June 30, 2008).
(The last sentence is talking about online bidding on when something will happen)

Source: http://ppx.popsci.com/security/view.php?symbol=SPOREQ2

Sorry guys, looks like we aren't gettin' it for 360. :(

The Pants Party
07-01-2007, 04:49 PM
This has been a computer-exclusive from the get-go. I just hope it comes out for Vista with achievements, because I would love to play it, but I'm such a score-whore, I don't think I'd have time to play it between other games. :(

ilski
07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
...but I'm such a score-whore, I don't think I'd have time to play it between other games. :(

Self-admittance is the first step to recovery. :)

I give a fuck about Spore.

Bluntman428
07-04-2007, 08:31 PM
I hate to be a buzz kill, but Spore was delayed indefinitely. :(

http://kotaku.com/gaming/pc/spore-slip-sliding-away-270324.php

sln333
07-05-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah i wish it wasn't because i was looking forward to getting it. there haven't been many computer games that have interested me recently, and this one looked great.

SengIV
07-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Stupid Spore not coming out for 360, will a game like the Sims ever come out for next gen? (No the Wii Sims DOESNT count)

stimmy2011
07-09-2007, 06:34 PM
im not really into the spore thing but just watch E3 this week on attack of the show this week on G4TV to show what the heck is going on with spore

Captainwizard
07-10-2007, 11:03 PM
its going to be so good. Plus it uses DX10 so it will be vista only. But thats not a bad thing. Hopefully it will then be linked to Games for windows LIVE. Marvel Universe is gonno be games for windows, i heard bioshock is supposedly as well. I donno if they will be through LIVE though. we can only hope

Bluntman428
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
It's easily the most ambitious game I've seen. I was planning on finally upgrading my computer just to play it. I'd be willing to bet it's not cancelled all together. With how much hype's surrounding that game, EA would have to be nuts not to continue funding it.

The only thing I can think may have affected the development is arguments between EA and Will Wright's team. EA is notorious for interfering with developers, and I doubt Will Wright wants his vision for what the game should be altered for them.

justcallmeChill
07-11-2007, 02:26 AM
ive been watching this game for about 2 years now...it looks absolutely amazing....im so mad though because i only have my laptop and there is no way in hell that i could ever run that massive game on my pc..............i wish and pray that it will be 360 but i know it wont be

Conker Rules All
07-11-2007, 02:41 AM
oh dude this game is one of the highest contenders it's competing with my need for GTA4 and halo 3 this is going to be love at first sight it's gonna blow everyone away