PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 3 Beta Code - Still Hasn't Arrived!

PureTechniquex
04-24-2011, 11:35 AM
So i pre-ordered the game off Gamestation.co.uk, which at the time (April 18th) they had a deal for the normal edition including the Beta Code.

Well its now the 24th and i still haven't recieved the code in the inbox on my hotmail.

I used the correct email address because i got the 'order acknowledged' msg shortly after pre-ordering the game.

Also i've heard that Gamestation & Game may have sold out of beta keys, if this is true, when will i be getting mine?

Ps. i've tried phoning up but its just stupid ass robots lol.

Anybody in the same situation as me?

HoLGateTheGrEAt
04-24-2011, 03:18 PM
ye the exact same thing happened to me, except i pre ordered mine on the 21st which was when they were meant to send them out and mine still hasnt come!

i checked my hotmail every day since and its still empty and i got the confirmation code aswell..

lets just hope it comes late tonight or REALLY early tomorrow

PureTechniquex
04-24-2011, 03:26 PM
ye the exact same thing happened to me, except i pre ordered mine on the 21st which was when they were meant to send them out and mine still hasnt come!

i checked my hotmail every day since and its still empty and i got the confirmation code aswell..

lets just hope it comes late tonight or REALLY early tomorrow

Let's hope, really don't wanna miss out on the Beta, Gears was the reason i bought a Xbox in the first place. :)

HoLGateTheGrEAt
04-24-2011, 03:47 PM
hehe i know same:woop:

Boylin
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
They ran out but they said on Twitter that people who haven't got them yet should get them by Tuesday

DragonsGoMOO
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Also i've heard that Gamestation & Game may have sold out of beta keys, if this is true, when will i be getting mine?

There's just something funny about this.

I didn't preorder anything for Gears of War 3 because I don't care about beta and all that. It'll come out eventually, and be better than the beta.

I did preorder Duke Nukem Forever, and now I have 2 access codes. It's sweet.

But if they're out, they're out.

I just read somewhere, because I can google, that they're sending out more next week.

Link -->Gears of War 3 Beta Codes (http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/21/game-runs-out-of-gears-of-war-3-beta-keys/)

Ripbongs420
04-24-2011, 04:18 PM
There's just something funny about this.

I didn't preorder anything for Gears of War 3 because I don't care about beta and all that. It'll come out eventually, and be better than the beta.

I did preorder Duke Nukem Forever, and now I have 2 access codes. It's sweet.

But if they're out, they're out.

I just read somewhere, because I can google, that they're sending out more next week.

Link -->Gears of War 3 Beta Codes (http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/21/game-runs-out-of-gears-of-war-3-beta-keys/)

Meaning two access codes to the gears 3 beta? If so I would greatly appreciate if you would be kind enough to give me one? pm or message on xbl?
Please and thanks!

DragonsGoMOO
04-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Meaning two access codes to the gears 3 beta? If so I would greatly appreciate if you would be kind enough to give me one? pm or message on xbl?
Please and thanks!

No. I have two Duke Nukem Forever codes. Why would I bring up DNF and say I have two Gears of War 3 codes?

Mister Buds
04-25-2011, 01:11 AM
not sure how the pre-order code system works in the UK, but over here you had to actually go down to the store and get your code.

Gackt
04-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Its the worst, unbalanced most inconsistent Gears of War game ever...lol. Though today was amusing, since its easter...everyone had giant bunny heads lol.

PureTechniquex
04-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Update: it eventually arrived in my hotmail on the 26th.

Gacktt: They definately notch up the noob weapons thats for sure, but the sniper & torque register a lot more than the first 2 Gears... but it makes the games more competitive as the noobs can actually have advantages as far as weapon damage goes, which also results in less quitters.

Oh and my first Superman was with a Boomshot which got a headshot too, lmao & it was across the map in a final 1v1 on TDM it was E.P.I.C.

Adahn
04-28-2011, 12:50 PM
For those in the UK having trouble getting a code, or whose code hasn't turned up:

1) Go to a Game store
2) Tell them you preordered online but that you got an email from them saying MS had run out of codes
3) Ask for one of the bajillions of cards with the beta codes on instead
4) Play!

Evidently if you are lucky you can get away with this without actually having preordered - I have no idea whether or not the instore staff can check online purchases, but I know this method has worked for a few people.