PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about WP7 Achievements

Tyrion619
04-24-2011, 03:42 PM
When you get an achievement, does the "Achievement Unlocked" logo pop up on the screen?

If so, what does it look like?

Does it look like the 360 ones or the GFWL ones?

Just curious....

yamayamayaamaa
04-24-2011, 03:51 PM
It says "Achievement Unlocked" but it's not the same.

A bar appears at the top with the notification and the sound is slightly different too.

:)

Farrmark
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
It's a slightly different sound as Yama' said and the bar that pops up at the top is blue with a little gold logo :)

Liquid-X
04-24-2011, 10:04 PM
It's a slightly different sound as Yama' said and the bar that pops up at the top is blue with a little gold logo :)

It's still just as addicting, though.

spyder2g
04-25-2011, 01:30 AM
I was looking for the green circle and didn't even notice what the bar at the top meant for the first few achievements. I guess they figured it would be less intrusive.

Now I'm wondering if the PC ones are just like the xbox?

MagicMurderBag7
04-25-2011, 02:44 AM
I was looking for the green circle and didn't even notice what the bar at the top meant for the first few achievements. I guess they figured it would be less intrusive.

Now I'm wondering if the PC ones are just like the xbox?
On the GFWL games it comes up in a rectangle at the bottom of the screen with the picture of the achievement in it.

If you want to see for yourself Tinker is free and worth 200g

DragonsGoMOO
04-25-2011, 03:24 AM
Of course it's different. It's not gonna be the exact same thing as the Xbox 360.

I have no idea what you're talking about, with WP7 and GFWL.

Tyrion619
04-25-2011, 04:28 AM
Of course it's different. It's not gonna be the exact same thing as the Xbox 360.

I have no idea what you're talking about, with WP7 and GFWL.

If you have no idea what WP7 & GFWL are, then how do you know that it would be different?

WP7 = Windows Phone 7

GFWL = Games For Windows Live

DragonsGoMOO
04-25-2011, 05:20 AM
If you have no idea what WP7 & GFWL are, then how do you know that it would be different?

WP7 = Windows Phone 7

GFWL = Games For Windows Live

Because it's obvious that each company will make their own style.

You don't see Microsoft making a Zune just like the iPod, do you?

It's pretty much common sense to expect something different from a different company/program/what have you.

And thanks for defining the acronyms.

Farrmark
04-25-2011, 05:24 AM
It's still just as addicting, though.Definitely :D:D

master_shake_350
04-25-2011, 06:22 AM

Mine pop up as Green and Black.

Also I hate how they linger for so long really off-putting sometimes.

dakisbac
04-25-2011, 06:59 AM

It's pretty much common sense to expect something different from a different company/program/what have you.

Like he said,

WP7 = Windows Phone 7
GFWL = Games for Windows Live

I don't know if the bolded parts clued you in or not, but there are no other companies - it's Microsoft and will always only ever be Microsoft releasing platforms that are tied to your gamertag.

So yeah, in the future please don't comment on things you have no idea what you're talking about, and especially don't make assumptions like you just did.

DragonsGoMOO
04-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Like he said,

WP7 = Windows Phone 7
GFWL = Games for Windows Live

I don't know if the bolded parts clued you in or not, but there are no other companies - it's Microsoft and will always only ever be Microsoft releasing platforms that are tied to your gamertag.

So yeah, in the future please don't comment on things you have no idea what you're talking about, and especially don't make assumptions like you just did.

You don't play online games or something? The developer adds in achievements usually. I'm not just talking about Microsoft only, I'm talking overall achievements from any games that may have them.

Because putting something in bold totally explains everything. Also, open your mind and try to understand not everyone understands everything. I don't waste my time with Window live games or WP7. I don't understand anything because no one talks to me about it or has introduced me to it, so I'm not concerned about it.

You gotta learn somewhere.

MagicMurderBag7
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
You don't play online games or something? The developer adds in achievements usually. I'm not just talking about Microsoft only, I'm talking overall achievements from any games that may have them.

Because putting something in bold totally explains everything. Also, open your mind and try to understand not everyone understands everything. I don't waste my time with Window live games or WP7. I don't understand anything because no one talks to me about it or has introduced me to it, so I'm not concerned about it.

I don't mean to get in the middle of an argument or anything but if you didn't know what either of those things were and your not concerned about it then why did you post a response to an already resolved thread?

Tyrion619
04-25-2011, 03:32 PM

If you don't understand any of it because no one has "introduced" you to it or anything, then why did you waste your time posting in the first place.

Like magicmurderbag said, my questions had already been answered and the thread resolved. Why bother posting at all anyway? Trying to up that post count maybe?

Makes no sense whatsoever and only serves to make you look like an idiot. Not saying you are one...just that it makes you seem like one.

Might wanna change the "observant" part of your sig. Not really working out so far.

MODS: Close this thread please. Questions have been answered. Many thanks to those who helped out.

spyder2g
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM

And thanks for defining the acronyms.

Different companies? What the hell are you talking about? It's all Microsoft dude. Wow

Crimson Ridley
04-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Mine pop up as Green and Black.

Also I hate how they linger for so long really off-putting sometimes.

Mine are also green & black, which I find to be very, very ugly.

Just tap the achievement banner and it will disappear.